[Mod] Fork and fix of the Rakkle mod for 1.3

Hi Folks!

I'm new to RimWorld modding and learning so I thought I'd start by fixing a few mods that I really like.

First up is the Rakkle mod. (I'm working on RJW-Slimes next... Wish me luck because I'm going to need it!)

This is a fork of a fork!

The original Rakkle mod is by ULCH / JKVV and can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2208700786

The unofficial update to 1.3 by Sunny can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2584844208

Thanks to steam user Vazrua for finding the fix for hair not showing in bed while injured and resolving the error spam that slowed the game down to a crawl.

This fork adds in that fix and makes a few other changes.

Changes in the fork:

1. Rakkle nude patch from JKVV is applied. Your snek waifus have nipples when nude now.

2. The wounds that 1.3 introduced now apply properly. Thanks, Vazrua!

3. Rakkle's have the tongue part added!

4. Fangs are set as teeth and are a little harder to knock out now. They still grow back on their birthday like before.

5. Rakkle body size increased to 2. It was 1 previously. Honestly, these are lamia which are larger than humans. Why should they have the same body size?

6. Rakkle drawing scale changed to visibly show their new size.
    See the spoiler for a size comparison example.
    Size is compared to the following: Titan Boa, Kurin, Rakkle, Orassan.

If you want that Titan Boa, that is from the Megafauna mod here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1055485938

Spoiler

1719094620_SizeComparison.png.3dce84550965454e6da626bbcd433fd3.png

Only changes were made for the 1.3 version of this mod.

I make no promises that any other version will work as I have not altered or tested them.

You can download the fork from my GIT here: https://github.com/Nanakra/Rakkle-1.3

1 hour ago, dessie said:

Thank you for the fixes added to the XMLs.

If I would like to retain the original sizes of the Rakkles, which stuff should I change?

Everything you will need to change is in the file located in ~\RimWorld\Mods\Rakkle 1.3\1.3\Defs\rakkleDefs\RakkleLikes\GeneralRace.xml

Load that file up into an editor that will give you line numbers and make the below changes which were the default values.

Change Line 74 to: <headOffset>(-0.01, 0)</headOffset>
Change Line 78 to: <customDrawSize>(1, 1)</customDrawSize>
Change Line 79 to: <customHeadDrawSize>(1, 1)</customHeadDrawSize>
Change Line 80 to: <customPortraitDrawSize>(1, 1)</customPortraitDrawSize>
Change Line 176 to: <drawSize>1</drawSize>
Change Line 208 to: <drawSize>1</drawSize>
Change Line 240 to: <drawSize>1</drawSize>
Change Line 837 to: <baseBodySize>1</baseBodySize>

Edited by nanakra
9 hours ago, Kraehe said:

Any idea why are the heads of the rakkles are cut?

Reveal hidden contents

cut.PNG.ac39a9225e47b4db998b0f3973665c16.PNG

Thank you for your work.

Yes, you need the HD Pawn Rendering mod.

1.3 changed how pawns are rendered and that mod "fixes" Tynan's decision to restrict pawn size.
I added the mod as a required dependency in the about.xml file.

You can find that mod on the workshop here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2538746878

If you use Vanilla Expanded Framework, you will need to untick the option in VEF for texture caching.
Not only will that fix the clipping issue, but now your pawns shouldn't look so fuzzy either. ^^

Hello,

Thanks for this nice fork :)

I have the same issue as Nanakra but when i have tried, i was already using hd pawn randering, but still having the cut edge issue on randering..

Im trying to launch again with HD pawn rangering placed after Rakkle and RJW stufs this time, as it was at the top of my list near Harmony, Hugslib and other framework, will see if it do the job ( 450 mods 10 minutes to launch haha waiting now)

If it still dont work, i will try to the rakkle size back to 1 instead of two, i guess it will resolve the problem anyways as my other standart size race arent cut.

Could you please give me value for the GeneralRace.xml file for that i can try in 1.5 size? 2 is cut, 1 is small for a lamia, but maybe 1.5 will do the job?

Thanks again

Update : randering is ok with size 1, no cut, so maybe size 1.5 will be just ok too, but i dont want to use random values, will wait for your return

But still not working with size 2, i think this is maybe related to something that actually affet the collonist bar, as i feel like the cut edges are the same than the randering on colonist bar on top, where the head is cut just at the bar edge? maybe "color mooded bar" mod is affecting this, i think its the only mod i have affecting it, will try without that later

Thanks for your work

1 hour ago, DoubleScotch72 said:

Hello,

Thanks for this nice fork :)

I have the same issue as Nanakra but when i have tried, i was already using hd pawn randering, but still having the cut edge issue on randering..

Im trying to launch again with HD pawn rangering placed after Rakkle and RJW stufs this time, as it was at the top of my list near Harmony, Hugslib and other framework, will see if it do the job ( 450 mods 10 minutes to launch haha waiting now)

If it still dont work, i will try to the rakkle size back to 1 instead of two, i guess it will resolve the problem anyways as my other standart size race arent cut.

Could you please give me value for the GeneralRace.xml file for that i can try in 1.5 size? 2 is cut, 1 is small for a lamia, but maybe 1.5 will do the job?

Thanks again

Hi DoubleScotch72,

You're quite welcome for the fork.
I love those Rakkles too. ^^

As for HD Pawn Rendering, it needs to be at the top, likely where you had it to begin with.

With 450 mods though, it is very likely that you are having load order issues and mod conflicts as well.

Note that if you have Heeta's "Pawn Render Patch for HD" mod, it is redundant (Duplicates Vanilla Expanded Frameworks texture caching and conflicts with HD Pawn Rendering) and can be removed.

My recommendation, especially if you are getting red errors in the debug log, is to download the mod manager called RimPy.

This will point out all the errors and warnings and things that it sees as wrong with your mod list.
It will flag incorrectly sorted mods and mods which are missing their dependencies.

You can find that here: https://github.com/rimpy-custom/RimPy/releases

Once you have resolved the things it is complaining about, follow this mod sorting guide.

It's a little out dated but I find it is the best out there: https://rwom.fandom.com/wiki/Mod_Order_Guide

That being said, you should really pare that mod list down.

It's very likely that you don't even use half of them during your playthroughs and doing so will help reduce that load time.

For changing the scaling, you will need to play with the values.

Currently, it is set to 1.5 so you may want to try changing those values to 1.25.

It will be the head offset that will give you issues to get just right though and you will need to play with that value to get it perfect.

Currently the head offset is -0.01, 30 so if you decide to try 1.25, change it to -0.01, 15. From there, either increase or decrease it to fit.

Yes, that will mean restarting RimWorld each time to see that change, so fix that mod sorting first.

However, I 100% certain that using RimPy and sorting your mods correctly will solve the issues for you.

12 hours ago, nanakra said:

Yes, you need the HD Pawn Rendering mod.

1.3 changed how pawns are rendered and that mod "fixes" Tynan's decision to restrict pawn size.
I added the mod as a required dependency in the about.xml file.

You can find that mod on the workshop here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2538746878

If you use Vanilla Expanded Framework, you will need to untick the option in VEF for texture caching.
Not only will that fix the clipping issue, but now your pawns shouldn't look so fuzzy either. ^^

Ich use HD Pawn Rendering Mod (checked it twice so far).

At first i though it's because of graphic settings+, but it is the same without that mod. 

36 minutes ago, Kraehe said:

Ich use HD Pawn Rendering Mod (checked it twice so far).

At first i though it's because of graphic settings+, but it is the same without that mod. 

Graphics+ is fine, I use that as well.

The issue isn't the Rakkles, that's just where you are seeing it.

Any mod that adds large animals or races will give you the same issues.

Just to make sure, the setting for VFE needs to look like the below.

image.png.d0c9c5c5ac2a13c812ed2ac5db0daf66.png

oh my bad sorry, was misundertsanded about disabling, tought it was keeping the setting "unticked" as you have told in your previous post:

"If you use Vanilla Expanded Framework, you will need to untick the option in VEF for texture caching"

but in fact its need to be ticked to be disabled haha 

I comfirm that its working by ticking the option to disable the caching in VEF, as on your screenshot is. Now i have tities on their boobs and the size 2, and your others fix i dont remember, thanks bro! I have found your mod by searching why my rakkle wasnt having tits haha

About my mod list, thanks for advice, im already using rimpy, im computer tech so im used to do this kind of things, even if iv not played games since yars.... but Rimworld give me envy to try it...

and i will not lie to you, i obviously have a few advertises in my log, but not any red ones at launching, cause i have spend the last week to search and search and search, try and try to achieve that list combined to the most rjw addons i have found to be 1.3 compatible.

I really have to say thanks to the rimpy creator by the way, the function to give color to mods in list to organize thems, put in green the one comfirmed to work, orange interogation? red when comfirmed erros etc, its just so much time saving....

Combined to autosorting and adjusting that order manually  for a few thing that was seeming wrong to me, like putting "demi human slavery" after all races mods for exemple, instead of in the middle of thems, iv also mouved "cumflation graphics" and a few others rjw related stuff after RJW as it wasnt done automatically, putting XML extension at the top, rimpy is giving me 6 warnings about old dated mods, but these are minor thing that seem still work in 1.3, and 1 erro about missing dependecies for "rabbie race", the hat changer KV Show Hair With hats, but this is incompatible avec some of my others mods so i use Dubs apparel instead.

Theses 450 dosnt interact too much beetween thems, as they are mostly utilities, managment and optimization, with some vanilla extanded, a few alien races and a few weapons pack that i have check compatibility one per one with combat extended, ( i have check for mostly all my mods and double check when having a doubt about interactions in fact... the joy of CE)

Iv been careful to not use mods that are redondant, and now i have that 450 list whitout red at startup, and 880s of start time... I guess that even if the game use only one core of my 24, i can be thanksfull to my Threadripper for doing the job so fast with 450 compared to the 30mins/1h with 200 that i have read from some other players on reddit threads...

Fun fact : Steam is saying me that i have 65 hours of RW "playing time", but actually i only have loaded something like 10 maps since two days, (only to see if map launch, test races randering, and check interfaces mod interaction..... not any playing or order gived to pawn for now....) the 2 weeks before was only about searching, information, launching, checking log, trying interactions, with a lot of red errors on my first list yes, but now i have isolated all the dirty things (i dont speak of RJW hahaha that is a dirty we want), after probably something like the double of theses 65 hours spend on it, my list is clean, at startup at least, but im realist, i perfectly know that no one can pretend runing more than 100 mods on any games and not having ANY errors, especially in mid and late game

For now im struggling with rimnudeworld and otys bodies, as i have a weird bug with two or even three pussys or two dick displayed on my Moyos( Like Moyos will have two blue pussy, mostly at the same correct place, and a third white skin one near legs.... or male moyos will have one blue dick at correct place and one white near legs), Revia and also Kurin if i remember... its not so much an issue as if you put the vagina heddif to smallest for girls, the second pussy is really thin, but it dosnt lookgs good, especially on male, im a perfectionnist with sense of detail, want to create a nice experience... so i keep going on my headach to make that work properly... and i dont think that my sized apparel extension work, as whatever apparel i try on an human pawn, even the simple apparel that seems to be vanilla dosnt adjust to boobs size, im going from a full double F cup to a thin chest when you put a cloth...

For those who are interested to try my list on 1.3 Update, here is two rimpy config files, one with full autosorting from rimpy, and the second one where i have moved some mods elswhere in the list as it was seeming more logic to me, like iv said previously. And if someone know with i have theses issue with the genitals triple or double rendering ( only for some alien races), and sized apparel not working, it would be wonderfull....  All my rjws main addons com from the autogit downloader, instead for menstruation and sexperience for which i use the C0ffee forks versions of thems as they are not yet 1.3 updated. All RJW mods are at the end of the order.

By the way, if someone is able to compare theses two lists, and tell me if the corrections i have made are accurate or if i should just keep the full autosorting?

I have tried to launch the game with both, dosnt seem to make any differences so i keep going with my manually ordered for now :/

I hope i will start my first real game soon.... and already know that even with all my efforts, i will have bugs to deal with....  so my scotch bottles are prepared for the fight hahaha

Thanks to all the modders for your amazing works

test(cleanatstartup)449fullautosort.xml test(cleanatstartup)449manualadjustments.xml

15 hours ago, nanakra said:

Graphics+ is fine, I use that as well.

The issue isn't the Rakkles, that's just where you are seeing it.

Any mod that adds large animals or races will give you the same issues.

Just to make sure, the setting for VFE needs to look like the below.

image.png.d0c9c5c5ac2a13c812ed2ac5db0daf66.png

I had that option off, that was the culprit. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

is someone know how could i change the chance that the rakkles tail will be cuted off on a fight or  with sex wounds?

Cause its really annoying to see the tail of my waifu becoming misssing on half of melee fights, or disapear when rjw do a "rought" sex that can do wounds.... 

I dont think that my hero want to cut the tail of his wife, even when having an hardcore bdsm session hahaha

And secondary, i also have both vagina becoming "torn off" and anus becoming "destroyed" after most sex times that include the use of theses holes ( aka if doing a 69 for exemple, holes will stay fines)  but, if doing anal or vaginal fuck, ordered or automatic, then there is good chance that i will have to deal with character editor to put back genitals....

I have put the effects of dyspaneuria addon setting to minimal, disabled "permanent parts removal", and now its seem to occur less often, but still happen sometimes... weird.

Thanks all

• 1 month later...

So I've got an issue where after enslaving a Rakkle there's no Prisoner tab on the colonist inspection panel.

Makes it impossible to ensure they get properly suppressed by the warden. I get around it by occasionally increasing the suppression stat, apparently it's tracked as a need... By using Character Editor mod.

Edit: This also seems to make it impossible to imprison the Rakkle after making them a slave.

Edited by ICBM16
8 hours ago, ICBM16 said:

So I've got an issue where after enslaving a Rakkle there's no Prisoner tab on the colonist inspection panel.

Makes it impossible to ensure they get properly suppressed by the warden. I get around it by occasionally increasing the suppression stat, apparently it's tracked as a need... By using Character Editor mod.

Edit: This also seems to make it impossible to imprison the Rakkle after making them a slave.

This is because the mod pointlessly uses its own custom basepawn instead of inheriting core's basepawn like it should be. Its missing a new inspector tab that ideology introduced. It would have that tab if it just inherited core's basepawn like it should have. Anyways you can try this:

go here Rakkle-1.3/1.3/Defs/rakkleDefs/RakkleLikes/PawnBaseDef.xml 

Add this line inside <inspectorTabs>

<li MayRequire="Ludeon.RimWorld.Ideology">ITab_Pawn_Slave</li>

Order is like this normally if you want to match it for other races. Order of this list changes where its displayed

image.png.2441241b5e67e8523b587d7793f1c165.png

On 2/25/2022 at 2:06 PM, Tory187 said:

This is because the mod pointlessly uses its own custom basepawn instead of inheriting core's basepawn like it should be. Its missing a new inspector tab that ideology introduced. It would have that tab if it just inherited core's basepawn like it should have. Anyways you can try this:

go here Rakkle-1.3/1.3/Defs/rakkleDefs/RakkleLikes/PawnBaseDef.xml 

Add this line inside <inspectorTabs>

<li MayRequire="Ludeon.RimWorld.Ideology">ITab_Pawn_Slave</li>

Order is like this normally if you want to match it for other races. Order of this list changes where its displayed

image.png.2441241b5e67e8523b587d7793f1c165.png

Thanks for the information, but how do I modify the xml files? I've never done this before, but I'd hazard a guess of opening as notepad (probably extremely wrong though)?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Tory!

I went ahead an updated the PawnBaseDef and told it to inherit from BasePawn like it should.

I also commented out the InspectorTab so it doesn't overwrite things.

No idea what the original mod author was thinking, but they did seem to abandon the Rakkles for one reason or another.

@ICBM19 Go ahead and redownload from the GIT link and let me know if the slave tab shows up now.

6 hours ago, nanakra said:

I went ahead an updated the PawnBaseDef and told it to inherit from BasePawn like it should.

No idea what the original mod author was thinking, but they did seem to abandon the Rakkles for one reason or another.

@ICBM19 Go ahead and redownload from the GIT link and let me know if the slave tab shows up now.

Its become common that most Asian race modders fall into this faux pas. They use each other's work as examples and then it just propagates into a norm. Pretty much all anime styled race mods have this issue lol. It was super annoying having to patch them all to work for animations because of this.

On 2/28/2022 at 8:26 PM, nanakra said:

Working great! Slave tab shows up now. Thanks for the quick response and update.

Edited by ICBM16
  • 1 month later...
On 4/17/2022 at 5:44 PM, chillycarlson said:

Pardon for an odd question but, do I use this fork with the 'unofficial 1.3 fork'? The original mod? Or just this mod by itself? If it's with the one of the others from the Steam Workshop, what order should it be in? 

This should be a standalone, just install it and use the in game organizer.