[Mod] Fork and fix of the Rakkle mod for 1.3

after hours of my boring investigation which is inspired by my degeneracy and horny, i got some results, i hope it will help people to avoid that problem.

"Custom Pawn Generation" mod overwrote my snake waifus body types, so i disable body type overwrite in mod setting, it helped.

btw, some snakes have strange head color, is that meant to be like that? or "facial anims" mod causes it perhaps?

(sorry for different screenshot language)

RimWorld Screenshot 2022.10.04 - 14.09.26.34.png

4 hours ago, Ser1540 said:

btw, some snakes have strange head color, is that meant to be like that?

Good troubleshooting work there on your prior issue.

The heads are not supposed to be that way so likely another mod conflict.

12 hours ago, nanakra said:

Good troubleshooting work there on your prior issue.

The heads are not supposed to be that way so likely another mod conflict.

thanks. one more question: do you think face anims mod may cause this head bug? is there any confirmed compatibility/incompatibility for snake waifus and face anims mod?

Edited by Ser1540
38 minutes ago, Ser1540 said:

thanks. one more question: do you think face anims mod may cause this head bug? is there any confirmed compatibility/incompatibility for snake waifus and face anims mod?

so yeah, i just checked out, Facial Animations For HAR causes that bug, i can "officially" confirm now, i think... I hope it helps other people avoid same issue.

Kinda sad actually, i love Snake Waifus and i love facial anims too, i guess im just gonna bear with those strange looking snake heads.

Edited by Ser1540

my Brothers in Christ. i think i found the reason of all of this troubles with snake heads, thanks to my great degeneracy inspiration, of course. Facial Animations for HAR overwriting snake head to a humanlike one, and, as you can see on the screenshot, that head got weird color too. my suggestion is: we need a mod for facial anims and snake heads compatibility, i mean the one which is gonna use snake heads, not humanlikes ones, just like this one for dragonians https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2567799097

But, i think that is requires some photoshop skills and perhaps some coding(?), my coding and photoshop skills are zero, so yeah, i hope someone will make it, that would be really nice.

Anyway, thanks for your mod, nanakra, i love it!

image.png.639ca4a8abaaaad768c335e63e8bc276.png

Edited by Ser1540
14 hours ago, kakkaohjus said:

Might as well mention it here, 1.4 is available as Unstable Branch.

Not much I can do until Erdelf makes an unstable 1.4 version of HAR as the Rakkles depends on it, so a hurry up and wait situation.

Like always, when DLC comes out, many mods take time to update as they have dependencies that need to be updated first.

I do intend to get the snek waifus working in 1.4 though, so never fear. ^^

1 hour ago, kakkaohjus said:

Considering what 1.4 brings with it, HAR might not be needed any more. So taking a look at what's there already would be prudent.

I can assure you that HAR is still needed for modded races like the Rakkles.

Other races that just added cute cat ears though are basically absorbed by the 1.4 DLC.

Also remember that what is available on the unstable branch is just the free 1.4 features for the base game (Subject to change as it is unstable and not released yet) and not the 1.4 DLC BioTech.

At any rate, Once the race modders know what has changed, then I'll be making updates to Rakkles to make them compatible as needed.

Patience is required.

You can't even buy the DLC yet.

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, emophaze said:

O_O O_O O_O 1.4 rakkles when O_O

When HAR fully supports the biotech DLC.

Right now, all races that implement custom body types are broken by the, biotech added, genedefs that change headtypes and bodytypes.

Updates to framework mods like HAR take time.

It's been less than two weeks since the DLC dropped.

While it's nice to know how much everyone wants to play with the Rakkles, remember that modders have a real life and don't produce mods 24/7/365.
The Rakkles will be updated eventually.

15 hours ago, emophaze said:

I do have one question though, would it be possible to get rimnude/oty support for rakkles? i mean you could always limit there ability so they only spawn with big to gargantuan breasts so it sticks with the lore.

It's on my ToDo list.

Will get done eventually.

7 hours ago, Joey3155 said:

Does this mod fix the annoying issue where Rakkles would equip clothing from other mods and go invisible as a result and generate a tidal wave of red errors?

If you are playing on 1.3 then it should be fine as they are restricted to base game and their race specific apparel.

Though use of a race restriction removal mod is not supported and will lead to the issue you are describing.

Note that Ideology styles are not fully supported and will result in pink boxes.

I'm currently working on a 1.4 / Biotech remake of the mod (extensive since I'm also fixing everything wrong with the Rakkles too) but it's going to be a while before it's ready.

5 hours ago, nanakra said:

Dear god why adapt a har race to the limited biotech gene system.

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering, that is not me.

Just someone else forking the Rakkles.

sorry to ask, aint implementing the biotech gene system a good thing ? i have not played with biotech, but i thought that children would take over parents genes and you could "simply" add new ones to your colonists after extracting them from some prisioners 

im not sure why you are calling the gene system limited, im not a mod maker but i have poked around in the files and seen what a bunch of people have done with genes and gene mods

so the rakkle has various features such as:

-Shedding-you could probably make a gene that creates a need for shedding that initiates the process when the need is full like an addiction, or maybe copy the bloodfeeders deathrest system

-fast move speed- vanilla biotech "fast/very fast runner"

-melee bonus- vanilla biotech, such as strong melee damage, melee skill genes, unstoppable, plus i have a mod (Biotech Expansion - Mammalia) that adds claws and fangs; if you wanted venomous stuff ranged spit attacks are in vanilla biotech, but you would need to make a venom one, and having a gene give venomous bite probably wouldnt be too hard since theres a venom fangs implant from royalty, which applies venom fangs hediff to the jaw

-long meal cycle-Kijin Race 3.0 has a gene for double the nutrition capacity , if rakkle is 5x then you just need to copy that but change 2 to a 5

-high temperature resistance- vanilla biotech "heat tolerant/super heat tolerant"

-immune to food poison- vanilla biotech "strong stomach"

-carnivore- not in biotech and a brief search shows no results, not sure if this is doable or how hard it would be

-very slow cultivation-vanilla biotech "poor/awful skill"

-food poisoning probability-kijin race has a gene that causes meals cooked by them to sometimes turn to dark matter, its probably possible to increase the chance of causing food poising when cooking

-high minimum temperature- vanilla biotech "cold weakness"

-different organ locations- not sure how doable this is, replace leg hediff with tail hediff? and have that body part have higher damage resist 

Vanilla Races Expanded - Saurid even has a gene where pawns reproduce by laying eggs

so the only parts that i see potentially being a problem with gene system is the tail replacing legs and moving organs around, the shedding system, and carnivore diet

i know i linked the biotech fork of rakkle but i havent actually used it yet since it seems like it doesnt actually have the racial features and is basically a gene preset with the ones that exist in the base game with an added gene for big tail instead of legs

Edited by buttjuicejoe
16 hours ago, Verden said:

sorry to ask, aint implementing the biotech gene system a good thing ? i have not played with biotech, but i thought that children would take over parents genes and you could "simply" add new ones to your colonists after extracting them from some prisioners 

Depends on how it is implemented. It's not a bad system, just not suited as a replacement to HAR which a lot of non-modders think it is.

11 hours ago, buttjuicejoe said:

im not sure why you are calling the gene system limited, im not a mod maker but i have poked around in the files and seen what a bunch of people have done with genes and gene mods

so the rakkle has various features such as:

-Shedding-you could probably make a gene that creates a need for shedding that initiates the process when the need is full like an addiction, or maybe copy the bloodfeeders deathrest system

-fast move speed- vanilla biotech "fast/very fast runner"

-melee bonus- vanilla biotech, such as strong melee damage, melee skill genes, unstoppable, plus i have a mod (Biotech Expansion - Mammalia) that adds claws and fangs; if you wanted venomous stuff ranged spit attacks are in vanilla biotech, but you would need to make a venom one, and having a gene give venomous bite probably wouldnt be too hard since theres a venom fangs implant from royalty, which applies venom fangs hediff to the jaw

-long meal cycle-Kijin Race 3.0 has a gene for double the nutrition capacity , if rakkle is 5x then you just need to copy that but change 2 to a 5

-high temperature resistance- vanilla biotech "heat tolerant/super heat tolerant"

-immune to food poison- vanilla biotech "strong stomach"

-carnivore- not in biotech and a brief search shows no results, not sure if this is doable or how hard it would be

-very slow cultivation-vanilla biotech "poor/awful skill"

-food poisoning probability-kijin race has a gene that causes meals cooked by them to sometimes turn to dark matter, its probably possible to increase the chance of causing food poising when cooking

-high minimum temperature- vanilla biotech "cold weakness"

-different organ locations- not sure how doable this is, replace leg hediff with tail hediff? and have that body part have higher damage resist 

Vanilla Races Expanded - Saurid even has a gene where pawns reproduce by laying eggs

so the only parts that i see potentially being a problem with gene system is the tail replacing legs and moving organs around, the shedding system, and carnivore diet

i know i linked the biotech fork of rakkle but i havent actually used it yet since it seems like it doesnt actually have the racial features and is basically a gene preset with the ones that exist in the base game with an added gene for big tail instead of legs

It is the difference between how something looks on the surface and what it looks like and functions under the hood so to speak.

Let's take that Rakkle mod conversion to Genedefs as an example.

All genedefs in biotech are for humans. Full stop. There are no aliens in Rimworld without using HAR. That's based on RW lore.

That genedef mod does not have HAR as a dependency, so what you are getting with it is humans that are wearing a snake costume.

This is fine for those who only care about how things look and not how things function under that facade and there is nothing wrong with that to be sure.
Folks can play the game however they want.

The other issue is that Genedefs are locked to the Biotech DLC. If you don't own the DLC then you can't play with genes.

Which means that the mod we are using as an example can't function without it.

If you only have 1.4 (The current base game version) and not the DLC (Separate from the 1.4 base game. Yes, it is confusing. 1.4 and DLC are two separate things.) then you are out of luck.

Now, lets breakdown what the difference is between a genedef adapted mod, and the HAR based race.

The HAR version of Rakkles have a custom body type with their own bodies and organs defined. Snake tail, Venom Glands, Fangs, etc.

The gendef version? A gene that shows the Rakkle body texture but is still a human body with human organs. Yes, that means they have legs and can wear pants. Yes, that means they don't have fangs.

The HAR version allows them to shed skin which can be turned into medicine via use of the MoHAR hediff addon mod.

The genedef version? No shedding.

The HAR version allows for that toxic bite, the ability to knock the fangs out of their jaw, and for the fangs to regrow.

The genedef version? Nope.

The HAR version allows for full spectrum of colorways with two channels for hair and body.

The genedef version? Hair only with a limited color set and normal skin tones.

The list goes on but you get the idea.

Now, that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it, it's just not the direction I'm taking my fork in.