Old CTK 2.08 needed

Ugh! I'm trying to solve a problem with "Room Positions" (targets) not working in newly created rooms using CTK 3.2 (going back to 2.17.)

When I created my original "Rooms Tutorial" in 2016, everything worked fine. So I'm trying to reproduce my work to see where things went wrong.

Trying to build a room (created using Blender 2.79b) using CTK 2.09, it loads with no textures (and no AM support), so I can't tell if the model is changing locations. Textures are exported to my CTK folder (along with Scene.dae), but they're not being included in the finished TXX.

So I tried going back to a 2016 version of Blender (v2.64), but it can't read a newer Blender files. So I tried creating a simple room from scratch, but 2.64 is so old, I can't (properly) make even a simple room (the method of adding textures changed.)

I have no idea why CTK 2.09 is not including textures in my TXX. I don't think I missed a switch, and I don't think I missed anything in Blender (it is exporting the textures with the dae file.)

So, I can't create a room using CTK 2.09 even using an old copy of Blender and my original docs. Something is happening that I never accounted for. ?

Does anyone have any idea what I might have missed? Thx.

Pretty dumb to imply that 3.2 has this bug. RastinKane has been improving this app in ModsGarden and address many core bugs, if this was a bug he would of fixed in version 2.10 and I've been using his app and never encountered this room position bug. My guess is that your room.bat file is wrong but I can't really tell what is wrong because its not even posted and their is a tendency to ask for help and criticizing those helping.

15 hours ago, Daspex said:

Im using ctk 3.2 and sometimes 2.11 cause 2.11 writes a 'darker' material code.

But i also have no problems with position targets.

Could you provide me with one of your 3.2 bat files?

I don't know why, but pose targets created using the method I outlined in my 2016 Tutorial don't appear to work with newer versions of CTK (as "confirmed" by another user having the same trouble.)

Either something is missing from the provided example bat files that come with CTK or I'm doing something wrong in my Blender file.

FOLLOW UP: I tried another test. Blender v2.64 was going back a bit too far. I wrote my tutorial in 2016, so I downloaded the version of Blender released in 2016 (v2.77a) and tried the test again. This time it worked. Pose locations changed just fine. So apparently, something changed between v2.77a and 2.79b.

I have no idea what, but apparently, the problem was neither my bat file nor CTK. Something changed in Blender.

I don't like the new interface added as of v2.80 (too many changes) which is why I stuck with v2.79b. But if it doesn't work right with CTK, either I need a fix/patch or I simply must use 2.77a (I'll try the latest version of Blender to see if it works. If so, I'll have to learn how to use it.)  :(

OOPS! Spoke too soon. CTK v2.09 worked with Blender 2.77a, but the same (Blender) file using CTK v3.2 and a stock bat file produced a room with no textures and no targets other than "DEFAULT". Not sure what's missing.

Edited by OysterMug
Follow-up.
23 hours ago, _Haze_ said:

Pretty dumb to imply that 3.2 has this bug. RastinKane has been improving this app in ModsGarden and address many core bugs, if this was a bug he would of fixed in version 2.10 and I've been using his app and never encountered this room position bug. My guess is that your room.bat file is wrong but I can't really tell what is wrong because its not even posted and their is a tendency to ask for help and criticizing those helping.

It's like a sickness with you.  Gotta stick your nose in where it's neither wanted nor needed, providing nothing helpful, just to insult someone who simply asked a question.

"Pretty dumb" to assume I didn't look into the issue before asking my question. When my own bat file failed, I used the provided stock bat files, which ALSO failed. So I asked another user and he too reported the same problem (missing "room_location" switches.) But adding the switches did not resolve the issue.

So I asked if there were a problem with CTK or my Blender file. Could be either one, could be both, or could be I simply am missing an undisclosed switch.

If you have the answer, you are welcome to share it. If you have nothing useful to share, you are invited to keep your opinions (and insults) to yourself. I never criticize those with genuine offers of help.

Edited by OysterMug
4 hours ago, OysterMug said:

It's like a sickness with you.  Gotta stick your nose in where it's neither wanted nor needed, providing nothing helpful, just to insult someone who simply asked a question.

"Pretty dumb" to assume I didn't look into the issue before asking my question. When my own bat file failed, I used the provided stock bat files, which ALSO failed. So I asked another user and he too reported the same problem (missing "room_location" switches.) But adding the switches did not resolve the issue.

So I asked if there were a problem with CTK or my Blender file. Could be either one, could be both, or could be I simply am missing an undisclosed switch.

If you have the answer, you are welcome to share it. If you have nothing useful to share, you are invited to keep your opinions (and insults) to yourself. I never criticize those with genuine offers of help.

Its like you are sick, perhaps incompetent. You always have to announce the entire world about needing help and when someone dares to ask what is it that you need, you berate them like its their fault for your inabilities to read and process information.

I got this way with you because in Modgarden you would berate anyone for asking help. I asked for help on Hook5 a couple of times, in the proper section mind you and what do you do? Tell me to use the search function and to ask somewhere else which I did and you followed me just to repeat the same dumb message.

Come here, this corner of the internet housing the few remnant of ModsGarden, I thought we would all be helpful to one another and you are still the same. I provided you with help and you berated my answer.

So yea, I'm getting to the point. I'm not sugarcoating anything. If your thinned skinned can't handle it, pop a xanax and chill out.

I implied that you should share your bats file, the one that you used and you did nothing but insult me. So its not my fault that this club is moving at turtle pace and I notice every complaint or comment on the feed. So if you want me to not notice it, either don't announce it for the world to see and that you send a private message to someone that can help you or don't share your mishaps with the world. I expect an apology.

Edited by _Haze_
8 hours ago, OysterMug said:

Could you provide me with one of your 3.2 bat files?

I don't know why, but pose targets created using the method I outlined in my 2016 Tutorial don't appear to work with newer versions of CTK (as "confirmed" by another user having the same trouble.)

Either something is missing from the provided example bat files that come with CTK or I'm doing something wrong in my Blender file.

FOLLOW UP: I tried another test. Blender v2.64 was going back a bit too far. I wrote my tutorial in 2016, so I downloaded the version of Blender released in 2016 (v2.77a) and tried the test again. This time it worked. Pose locations changed just fine. So apparently, something changed between v2.77a and 2.79b.

I have no idea what, but apparently, the problem was neither my bat file nor CTK. Something changed in Blender.

I don't like the new interface added as of v2.80 (too many changes) which is why I stuck with v2.79b. But if it doesn't work right with CTK, either I need a fix/patch or I simply must use 2.77a (I'll try the latest version of Blender to see if it works. If so, I'll have to learn how to use it.)  :(

OOPS! Spoke too soon. CTK v2.09 worked with Blender 2.77a, but the same (Blender) file using CTK v3.2 and a stock bat file produced a room with no textures and no targets other than "DEFAULT". Not sure what's missing.

Sure,here you go...

run_exemple_DaspexRoom20_VX.7z

20 hours ago, _Haze_ said:

Its like you are sick, perhaps incompetent. You always have to announce the entire world about needing help

Uh, this is the "Help" forum. Where do you suggest I ask for help? The Yellow Pages? ?

Edited by OysterMug
15 hours ago, OysterMug said:

Ah, you used "BergerRoom6" for you template. Okay, that works.

So now I need to understand why the other CTK Room scripts don't work and what the differences are (what are the "SS" versions?)

Are there situations when the BR6 template would unwanted?

Yeah,this ctk pack has been altered by Berger and its from old garden.

Cant find the readme related to the files but iiric the -ss- versions have something to do with a specific texture mode in the txf files.

8 hours ago, Daspex said:

Yeah,this ctk pack has been altered by Berger and its from old garden.

Cant find the readme related to the files but iiric the -ss- versions have something to do with a specific texture mode in the txf files.

Thx. I plan to update my "CTK_GUI" app (I never realized there were issues building rooms using the other templates.)

The thing is, I need to know if there are switches that need to be "optional".

7 hours ago, OysterMug said:

Thx. I plan to update my "CTK_GUI" app (I never realized there were issues building rooms using the other templates.)

The thing is, I need to know if there are switches that need to be "optional".

Yeah,sometimes the devil is in the detail.Your gui works fine with the br6 batches btw.I will see if i can find the documentation berger wrote for his altered batches.

Edited by Daspex
4 hours ago, Daspex said:

Yeah,sometimes the devil is in the detail.Your gui works fine with the br6 batches btw.I will see if i can find the documentation berger wrote for his altered batches.

Okay, after some experimentation comparing the working stock "BergerRoom6" template to the non-working stock "Userroom1_VX" stock template, here is what I've found:

• Adding the missing -fs "room_position_group" switch only adds the locations to the list of targets, but the pose does not actually move.
  • The key change to get Targets working is to ALSO replace -ef "Setting/Extra_File/acRoom.txt" with -ef "Setting/Extra_File/acRoom_Furniture_HybridLightMod.txt".

That's all that is needed to get the stock "UserRoom1" scripts working again. "acRoom_Furniture_HybridLightMod.txt" adds a few lines of script to the standard "acRoom.txt" related to poses (not lights.) "HybridLightMod" does not appear to have anything to do with "lights". I think "light" just means it's a small mod. Without those changes, you will only have one target in the middle of the room.

?

17 minutes ago, OysterMug said:

What is the -mdl 34 35 option in the Berger script for (Something to do with Layer Priority I believe.)

I'm wondering if I need to have an option to include/exclude it?

The values 34 35 are described somewhere in the old ctc 2.11? as an optional switch if i remember it right but forgot what for the values are.

2 hours ago, Daspex said:

The values 34 35 are described somewhere in the old ctc 2.11? as an optional switch if i remember it right but forgot what for the values are.

Its optional and not needed necessary. HDiddy told me to talk to smoke about this and pretty much confirmed what I remember. Its more meant for transparency. Assuming that the modder went the distance to create or convert the mesh from Multi layers. 

Given that berger gave you his bats file therefor he usually created rooms with glass and such lines of code is needed. The values are from 34-38

3 hours ago, _Haze_ said:

Its optional and not needed necessary. HDiddy told me to talk to smoke about this and pretty much confirmed what I remember. Its more meant for transparency. Assuming that the modder went the distance to create or convert the mesh from Multi layers. 

Given that berger gave you his bats file therefor he usually created rooms with glass and such lines of code is needed. The values are from 34-38

Yeah...if im thinking back that is true he gave it to me cause of transparency issues i think.

Hmm. I'm wondering what "transparency" in a room mesh couldn't be handled simply with transparent/translucent textures?

I'd need an example to see the difference for myself. I'm wondering if the switch could be included when building every room, or if there are times it would need to be disabled?

I can't add a switch saying "Check this box to..." when I don't know exactly what it does or when it's unwanted. :(

11 hours ago, OysterMug said:

Hmm. I'm wondering what "transparency" in a room mesh couldn't be handled simply with transparent/translucent textures?

I'd need an example to see the difference for myself. I'm wondering if the switch could be included when building every room, or if there are times it would need to be disabled?

I can't add a switch saying "Check this box to..." when I don't know exactly what it does or when it's unwanted. :(

Isnt berger arround anymore?He should know what the switch is doing.