that prompted me to continue creating

race mods for Skyrim.

Well, that seems ages ago. Yet this seemed

to remain the most popular of all my custom

races. Every time Bethesda broke it, I was

immediately inundated with PMs asking for

patches to fix it. That shouldn't be a

problem anymore.

A few days ago, I set out to once again repair this race.

And again, I was quite pleased by the outcome:

2013-06-12_00004.jpg

These are the same tattooed textures I used in the original mod:

post-26143-0-35286700-1371132018_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-48352400-1371132029_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-08944600-1371132042_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-14058400-1371132071_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-85190600-1371132084_thumb.jpg

The ears are still a bit off color-wise. However, they're attached to a new earless head mesh

which improves the appearance significantly. What they really need is new textures. So if

any texture modders have some free time, I'd love to see what you can offer.

Anyway, I'm working on the UNPB package now, but I hope to have this ready for this weekend.

Trykz

hi Trykz!
the Moonshadow Elves is one of my best races I use in skyrim, but here I also had the opportunity to use the CHSBHC + BBP, because here there are a meshes + textures file.
at the Chocolate Elves race is no longer possible because I can not use the CHSBHC + BBP, there are no meshes + textures.
shame . :( 

deutsch !

die Moonshadow Elves ist einer meiner besten rassen die ich in skyrim verwende , hier hatte ich aber auch die möglichkeit den CHSBHC + BBP zu verwenden , denn da giebt es eine meshes + textures datei .
bei der Chocolate Elves rasse ist das nicht mehr möglich denn da kann ich den CHSBHC + BBP nicht verwenden , es giebt keine meshes + textures .
schade. :( 

hi Trykz!

the Moonshadow Elves is one of my best races I use in skyrim, but here I also had the opportunity to use the CHSBHC + BBP, because here there are a meshes + textures file.

at the Chocolate Elves race is no longer possible because I can not use the CHSBHC + BBP, there are no meshes + textures.

shame . :( 

deutsch !

die Moonshadow Elves ist einer meiner besten rassen die ich in skyrim verwende , hier hatte ich aber auch die möglichkeit den CHSBHC + BBP zu verwenden , denn da giebt es eine meshes + textures datei .

bei der Chocolate Elves rasse ist das nicht mehr möglich denn da kann ich den CHSBHC + BBP nicht verwenden , es giebt keine meshes + textures .

schade. :( 

I scrapped the CHSBHC body from TCRA, because the older CBBE textures won't work with the latest version of the body meshes.

Again, most meshes used by my races are stored in TCRA (bodies, heads, and custom parts). My race mods are substantially smaller than others, because I have no need to package individual body meshes and texture sets with each and every mod. I have no intention of changing this for obvious reasons. If you don't want to use a race mod for it's body type, then I'm sorry, but I can't help you.

I may however, create a new texture set for this race sometime in the future. But for now it's not gonna happen. It took over a month to make these (lining up the tattoos just right), and I have too many other things in the works at the moment.

hi Trykz!
there is a reason why I do not use the CBBE with Bodyslide that is quite easy to explain. Bodyslide the operating elements (slide control) are all occupied with English words, unfortunately I do not speak English and thus Bodyslide is useless for me. could the modder the main languages ​​used then I could use it too. also if I use too many mods English is my game D-English .

Deutsch !

es giebt einen grund warum ich nicht den CBBE mit BodySlide verwende , daß ist ganz einfach zu erklären . die BodySlide bedienungselemente ( schieberegler) sind alle mit englischen worten belegt , leider spreche ich kein englisch und somit ist BodySlide für mich nutzlos . hätte der modder die wichtigste sprachen verwendet dann könnte ich es auch verwenden . außerdem wenn ich zu viele englische mods verwende wird mein spiel D-englisch

hi Trykz!

there is a reason why I do not use the CBDI with Bodyslide that is quite easy to explain. Bodyslide the operating elements (slide control) are all occupied with English words, unfortunately I do not speak English and thus Bodyslide is useless for me. could the modder the main languages ​​used then I could use it too. also if I use too many mods English is my game D-English .

Deutsch !

es giebt einen grund warum ich nicht den CBBE mit BodySlide verwende , daß ist ganz einfach zu erklären . die BodySlide bedienungselemente ( schieberegler) sind alle mit englischen worten belegt , leider spreche ich kein englisch und somit ist BodySlide für mich nutzlos . hätte der modder die wichtigste sprachen verwendet dann könnte ich es auch verwenden . außerdem wenn ich zu viele englische mods verwende wird mein spiel D-englisch

I usually provide the XML file for the particular BodySlide bodies I use. Essentially, this means you wouldn't need to make any slider adjustments at all. You would only need to select the armor you want to create, and the custom body listed in the box to create BodySlide armors that fit the body.

I can't imagine the frustration you must sometimes go through because of the language barrier. And I wish there were a simple way of making this easier for you. But unfortunately, it's simply too much effort for a single body type.

Sorry,

Trykz

So ... if you release a new race (can't wait for the Moonshadow Elves) ... I usually don't have to download TCRA again? And would you consider adding Sevennity's bodies (maybe as a choice)?

I've already obtained Sevennity's permission to include the Bombshell body in the next release of TCRA  ;)

Once TCRA is obtained, it only needs to be re-downloaded if it's updated. If you want the Sevennity bodies (if I can acquire permission for the variants), then yes, you'll need to get it again, unless you wait until after that update. However, it's going to be a while. I'm in no hurry to update, because armors are very sparse for the Sevennity bodies at the moment, and I have a TON of existing textures to add to the new ESM which TCRA already contains, but are unused atm.

But the next version of TCRA will likely be the final.

Looks great. Would you be able to release the tattoos for the Moonshadows, and other races that might also use custom tattoos? I'm asking this just in case I want to swap textures, while still retaining the tattoos.

I have the file somewhere. I just have to dig through some old folders.

However, I want to be perfectly clear on one thing:

None of the tattoo resources I release are to be used for any other race mods. Or anything released on Nexus. If you want to use them to make new texture sets for the race they were made for, I'm fine with that. I'd even support your releasing them as alternatives for others here to use.

If that's something you're okay with, I'll send you the file as soon as I have time to find it.

On that note:

I just finished switching from the CBBE body and textures to UNPB through TCRA:

post-26143-0-76658100-1371153084_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-62255800-1371153093_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-55553000-1371153105_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-35764600-1371153123_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-90502100-1371153136_thumb.jpg

Trykz

where can i download the new unpb version as i use this body and the clothing mods for it as well as your original mod . in fact im currently using  your version  from august of last year

First, read the thread title. [WIP] means Work in Progress. Meaning I'm still working on it, and it isn't released yet. The first post in this thread actually says as much.

Next:

This will not be compatible with characters created under that version.

Race jumping won't stick through saves. So you have 2 options:

stick with what you have now

or:

write down your skill values, health, stamina and magicka. Use the racemenu to switch race to Breton and then back to Moonshadow Elf. Re-customize your character, and then use the console to set your skills back to the values they were.

This race has been completely rebuilt, and a lot of the parts required by the version you are using no longer exist in the directories it will be searching for them in. The head mesh is completely new, and doesn't exist in that version at all.

Finally, this and all of my other races, REQUIRE the file found at the top of this thread. They simply won't work without it, and will CTD your game. I advise you to read everything in the thread linked above, and in my release thread in the downloads section. A lot has changed.

Trykz

So ... if you release a new race (can't wait for the Moonshadow Elves) ... I usually don't have to download TCRA again? And would you consider adding Sevennity's bodies (maybe as a choice)?

I've already obtained Sevennity's permission to include the Bombshell body in the next release of TCRA  ;)

Once TCRA is obtained, it only needs to be re-downloaded if it's updated. If you want the Sevennity bodies (if I can acquire permission for the variants), then yes, you'll need to get it again, unless you wait until after that update. However, it's going to be a while. I'm in no hurry to update, because armors are very sparse for the Sevennity bodies at the moment, and I have a TON of existing textures to add to the new ESM which TCRA already contains, but are unused atm.

Looks great. Would you be able to release the tattoos for the Moonshadows, and other races that might also use custom tattoos? I'm asking this just in case I want to swap textures, while still retaining the tattoos.

None of the tattoo resources I release are to be used for any other race mods. Or anything released on Nexus. If you want to use them to make new texture sets for the race they were made for, I'm fine with that. I'd even support your releasing them as alternatives for others here to use.

If that's something you're okay with, I'll send you the file as soon as I have time to find it.

On that note:

Trykz

When you say "use," do you mean only publishing/releasing of mods/textures that utilize the resources, and/or even a certain degree of personal use as well (ie. Using it on another race for my own game) ? If the former, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, as I do not mod myself and would prefer not to, if ever. If the latter, then I think I can comply with keeping them restricted to the intended races (although I don't know if combining other resources with your races and tattoos would be fine). From your post, I'm assuming you don't want things such as, say a Race X resource being personally used for Race Y, even if said Race Y was also one of your own under TCRA, or me putting out screenshots for Race Y with Race X resources. Or even combining your tattoos with Nexus ones.

I apologize if I'm not making much sense in this post, I'm just trying to avoid misunderstandings that could come about from your ideas of "unfair use." Let me know if I'm missing the mark on anything. In the end, these are still your mods, and I have to abide by your rules.

a suggestion for the moonshadow>breton>moonshadow thing is to enable god mode before and disable after you use the race menu. tho i would advise the use of another save of the same character (just make 2 saves of the character that way you have a copy of the original character so you dont loose progress and such) 

also note that sometimes, (rarely for me atleast) the god mode>race menu>god mode off doesn't save your stats hence the second copy of the character save.

On that note:

Trykz

When you say "use," do you mean only publishing/releasing of mods/textures that utilize the resources, and/or even a certain degree of personal use as well (ie. Using it on another race for my own game) ? If the former, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, as I do not mod myself and would prefer not to, if ever. If the latter, then I think I can comply with keeping them restricted to the intended races (although I don't know if combining other resources with your races and tattoos would be fine). From your post, I'm assuming you don't want things such as, say a Race X resource being personally used for Race Y, even if said Race Y was also one of your own under TCRA, or me putting out screenshots for Race Y with Race X resources. Or even combining your tattoos with Nexus ones.

I apologize if I'm not making much sense in this post, I'm just trying to avoid misunderstandings that could come about from your ideas of "unfair use." Let me know if I'm missing the mark on anything. In the end, these are still your mods, and I have to abide by your rules.

I replied to a PM to a similar question by another member. So I'll repeat the basics here:

Any mod created using the assets of one of my races, MUST require the user to have the race and it's requirements installed. ie: followers and the like may not be *standalone*

Distribution of ESP conversions of the TCRA.esm, or any ESM from one of my races is prohibited. For personal use, feel free to do whatever you like :)

I don't know if it's been requested or if you're already working on it, but ADEC support for this race would make myself and a lot of other people happy in the pants. :)

Perhaps in the future. But as of now, I don't really have the time to create new tattoo textures for another body type. The sets I made for the CBBE and UNP bodies took nearly a month  :P

can download this mod?

Yep, the link is in Trykz's signature if you haven't seen it already. (Dunno if hotlinking directly is allowed...) Or search Custom Race Mods by Trykz on the forums.

On that note:

Trykz

I replied to a PM to a similar question by another member. So I'll repeat the basics here:

Any mod created using the assets of one of my races, MUST require the user to have the race and it's requirements installed. ie: followers and the like may not be *standalone*

Distribution of ESP conversions of the TCRA.esm, or any ESM from one of my races is prohibited. For personal use, feel free to do whatever you like :)

I don't know if it's been requested or if you're already working on it, but ADEC support for this race would make myself and a lot of other people happy in the pants. :)

Perhaps in the future. But as of now, I don't really have the time to create new tattoo textures for another body type. The sets I made for the CBBE and UNP bodies took nearly a month  :P

Ah, ok. In that case, as I said before, doesn't look like I'll be releasing mods any day soon, so nothing to worry about there. :) I'd definitely like to use the resources then, if possible. Many thanks!

• 1 month later...

Actually, the ADEC texture is not that much different than cbbe. the main difference is around the bikini line... a section that cbbe has attached to the main body is attached to the top of the leg on ADEC. other than that, IIRC the uv is very much the same.

• 1 year later...

Archived