C2D 5 seconds after loading a save.

xeno867

Hi, so how to describe this.

I decided to level a new character on a fresh save and once I reach level 8 it's been crashing randomly. Now when I load the save the game will run for 5 seconds only to end up C2D.

Notes:

I have tried a different save - same result.

I have another savefile, another character where I have my main char/play of 100s of hours. - It works fine, using the same mods.

I tried making a new save and load from there - no go.

I try using bossmods, wryebash to check for problems - no go.

Since my main savefile on my first char is working fine, I think the issue is with the savefile itself and the mods used in that particular save? I have no idea. Could anyone suggest what's wrong? I suppose I'm not giving enough specific detail. I tried this "filesavefixer" mod and it doesn't seem to help either.   SKYRIM Save Cleaner by seifer69er from Nexus-- -
So anyone has any ideas? I had similar problems levelling a previous new char and it also started crashing after a few levels.

Check skirim.ini if uGridstoload is more than 5 this maybe solution.

I checked that file, it doesn't have any line called "uGridtoload" ,

I levelled another character to 10 and I'm having the same post 5 second crash :s, I'm using Mai Shiranui's gloves boots and hair** thing, not the dress because it blows up the char. Could that cause crashes? (Oblivion imported).

I don't know what causes your trouble when i have problem witch loading saves restoring uGridtoload to 5 helped.

You may try this.First make backup Skyrim.ini after this do this in game:

Open save as usual
open command prompt
setini "ugridstoload:general" 5
saveini
refreshini

If this is problem with something else i don't know.I also have sometimes problem with saves with no reason game ctd after loading or on loading screen.To avoid this when i stop playing i make save in 3 different cells.If one save ctd,other work.

hi xeno867!

I do not speak English, the written text with translators.
You have also written that it could be an armor mod?
I can only tell you if it were it would crash when starting your game already. recordable: you use BBP-body and used TBBP equipment,
there are two possibilities!
1 you use a mod of your savegame affected, which is maybe not compatible with other mods. then I advise you to remove this mod.
2 you can also write the SkyrimINI + skyrimPerfs remove (not delete esteem) always create a backup copy of these. if you have removed both files then start your game, then the two files will be rewritten. it occurs, for when mods are removed, the registration will remain in the INI and then leads to problems.
hatt this helped me personally away.
I hope you could understand everything.

Thanks for the responses people. The thing is that on my main character (male lv 70) I seldom have crashes and can play forever more or less. But this other char is a female - using CHBHC + BBP, Mai Shiranui oblivion import and terra armor - but I stopped using them thinking they're the culprits, but now I'm just using vanilla gear. I'll try these console tweaks.

Btw all my files in wryebash are showing as "purple" i.e. good.

I don't know what causes your trouble when i have problem witch loading saves restoring uGridtoload to 5 helped.

You may try this.First make backup Skyrim.ini after this do this in game:

Open save as usual

open command prompt

setini "ugridstoload:general" 5

saveini

refreshini

If this is problem with something else i don't know.I also have sometimes problem with saves with no reason game ctd after loading or on loading screen.To avoid this when i stop playing i make save in 3 different cells.If one save ctd,other work.

I did this, saved in new slot, loaded new save - still same 5 second wait and crash.

hi xeno867!
I see you are using CHBHC + BBP body, me too!
you use the armor of 123check, armours with this I had no problems. your problem lies somewhere else, you wonder since when the error occurred, what you have previously installed, because I suspect that because your problem originates.

I tried the gridto5 console thing and no change. There's this strange thing, the silverdragon symbol and otherstuff during "load" gets a reddish shadow, I don't know if this gridconsolething did that or the update to latest skse.

I guess I'll just reinstall the whole set of things like I've done 200 times already :) , the chbhc+bbp thing has worked fine for a long time but  don't know if it's the new addons which for some reason only affects the female char I play, not my main, male char game. Wryebash shows all saves as being "good" and no conflicting mods so I'm confused :s

I'm having similar problems, but sometimes the crashing happens while loading a save.  Most of the time, loading a previous save where you are indoors then from the menu, load the last save (the one you want to use) and the game won't crash.

I'm not sure what is the cause.  At first I thought all the mods I had was putting a drag on resources, but when I started using Realistic Hope enb, the game would take a little longer to load, but so far has not crashed.  Strange as I thought throwing an enb into the load would cause nothing but crashing.

I tried the gridto5 console thing and no change. There's this strange thing, the silverdragon symbol and otherstuff during "load" gets a reddish shadow, I don't know if this gridconsolething did that or the update to latest skse.

I guess I'll just reinstall the whole set of things like I've done 200 times already :) , the chbhc+bbp thing has worked fine for a long time but  don't know if it's the new addons which for some reason only affects the female char I play, not my main, male char game. Wryebash shows all saves as being "good" and no conflicting mods so I'm confused :s

This red thing is from scripts added from mods in folder "scripts" try to temporary remove this folder and add mods one by one.i have similar issue one time.

Archived