Technical question from a MMO2 beginner

Since I have only recently switched from the Nexus Modmanager on the MO2, I do not quite get along with manshcne things.
therefore the question.
If I start Outfitstudio via the MO2 and create a new project, where is this then saved?
And if I form this project then with Bodyslide where is this saved?
I ask because I want to pack these files in a zip file and then install with the MO2.

7 minutes ago, N.Gamma said:

Since I have only recently switched from the Nexus Modmanager on the MO2, I do not quite get along with manshcne things.
therefore the question.
If I start Outfitstudio via the MO2 and create a new project, where is this then saved?
And if I form this project then with Bodyslide where is this saved?
I ask because I want to pack these files in a zip file and then install with the MO2.

Any files saved by programs run through MO2 will end up in the Overwrite folder, which stays at the bottom of the mod list(right pane). These can then be moved to their own mod by right-clicking on that Overwrite line/mod, and choosing Create Mod from the list of options - this means archiving the files before installing them as a mod isn't necessary.

(if you keep default setting, which BS and OS offer, and run through MO2) BS and OS generate file in "overwrite" directory,  . and keep the sub directory. relative from skyrim data = overwrite.

At same time, MO2 auto overwrite any loose files in each mod folda when you generate  same name file.

so you may need to care,, you happend to overwrite same name projects or OS generated file which you made before.(or other mod offer default project files)

eg if you have project file in mod A, "(ModA Root directory name)\ CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderSets\mytest.osp , then it is current winner loose file of conflict.    then you open the mytest.osp >> edit in OS >> save it as same name,  the file  in ModA will be overwritten. (so OS not generate new file in "overwrite" directory actually

I do not think there is way to avoid it.. so as Kuroyami said,, if you make new project file,  it will be generated in MO2 overwrite directory.

then you make it as new mod B..  after that, if you edit the same project file, and save as same name,, MO2 auto overwrite the project file in mod B.

the same thing happen, when you generate clothing or body nif from BS.. if you not hope auto-overwrite other mod offer nifs..  you may better rename them or hide.. or these files (conflict winner)  will be auto overwritten as default.  I suppose  some or many  BS and OS user have experienced  this  when they first use MO2 and BS.   (overwrite original nif s, when customize and generate nif s from BS)

On 12/4/2021 at 10:00 AM, Kuroyami said:

Any files saved by programs run through MO2 will end up in the Overwrite folder, which stays at the bottom of the mod list(right pane). These can then be moved to their own mod by right-clicking on that Overwrite line/mod, and choosing Create Mod from the list of options - this means archiving the files before installing them as a mod isn't necessary.

Thanks a lot