some creatures standing still.

Hello to everyone. I'm very new to this forum stuff but there is a problem I can't solve and I thought I'd ask here. I would be very happy if you are interested. My game is stable, I can do almost everything, and my animations work fine, except for some species (mainly humanoids). However, in humanoid and some other creature animations, the creatures remain stationary while the pc is animating itself.

I'm considering some possibilities that might cause the problem, but since these are not problems that I can solve, I wanted to get help from you. Maybe there is something I don't know or have overlooked.

5 hours ago, mircislav said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3038

FNIS Creature Pack SE 7.6-3038-7-6-1582049490.7z

Thx but i have FNIS Creature Pack and MNC. I also checked the versions and they are up to date. As I said, most animations including creature animations work, but there are problems with some animations, mostly humanoids. Some animals such as bears and cows are also problematic, but I can say that 95% works for animals.

I've had this problem for a few weeks as well.  For me it's only spiders, cows, and chickens for some reason. 

It's only on one profile I use on M02, my main one for playing a male PC.  I have no creature animations for this profile.  For me, those three animals alone are frozen and in all situations and I haven't been able to figure it out.

Are you using multiple profiles or mod lists for different characters (saves)? 

My speculation is that something from MNC (linked above) or ABC have something from FNIS in the overwrite or FNIS Output folders that carried over from the other profile.  For example, when switching between profiles it will always T-Pose everything if I don't run FNIS which tells me the overwrite and/or Output folders must be linked between profiles.  So I suspect this is the cause but I'm not sure how to fix it without potentially causing even bigger problems. 

I'm just mentioning this in case any of this sounds relevant to what you're going through.  I don't have a solution, still trying to understand where the problem is.  For example, if you are not running multiple profiles or mod lists, I may be wrong on my speculation and it's some other cause. 

14 hours ago, ttts1 said:

I've had this problem for a few weeks as well.  For me it's only spiders, cows, and chickens for some reason. 

It's only on one profile I use on M02, my main one for playing a male PC.  I have no creature animations for this profile.  For me, those three animals alone are frozen and in all situations and I haven't been able to figure it out.

Are you using multiple profiles or mod lists for different characters (saves)? 

My speculation is that something from MNC (linked above) or ABC have something from FNIS in the overwrite or FNIS Output folders that carried over from the other profile.  For example, when switching between profiles it will always T-Pose everything if I don't run FNIS which tells me the overwrite and/or Output folders must be linked between profiles.  So I suspect this is the cause but I'm not sure how to fix it without potentially causing even bigger problems. 

I'm just mentioning this in case any of this sounds relevant to what you're going through.  I don't have a solution, still trying to understand where the problem is.  For example, if you are not running multiple profiles or mod lists, I may be wrong on my speculation and it's some other cause. 

im not running multiple profiles only 1 female pc im playing. btw I solved the problem with cows and bears. I think some texture mods that change the look are breaking the animations. Disabling the mod fixed it, but the part about humanoids is still there and i couldnt find any mod changing texture of humanoids. maybe  i overlooked it

10 hours ago, FateOfSpirit said:

im not running multiple profiles only 1 female pc im playing. btw I solved the problem with cows and bears. I think some texture mods that change the look are breaking the animations. Disabling the mod fixed it, but the part about humanoids is still there and i couldnt find any mod changing texture of humanoids. maybe  i overlooked it

I have no animal or beast texture mods other than what MNC and ABC would do.  What mod did you disable to fix the cows and bears? 

I once had an issue where only 1 creature (ice wraith) would not move, attack or do anything it was like it was frozen in place. Usually re-running fnis or reinstalling creature pack seems to fix stuff but this time it didn't. I made a backup of my meshes folder then deleted it. Vortex on deployment asked me what to do and I chose restore files, then redid bodyslide files and voila it worked.

9 hours ago, WilliamIsAGirl said:

Have you guys tried uninstalling the creature pack, loading your game and making a save, then reinstalling the creature pack?

-i will try this. this was one of the possibilities in my mind anyway, but I already have a setup where most things work fine but it's very fragile, so I didn't want to do it. Does the method you suggest pose a problem in this regard?

-After deleting the creature pack, is it necessary to run fnis, nemesis, bodyslide, etc. before entering the game to save?

12 hours ago, WilliamIsAGirl said:

Have you guys tried uninstalling the creature pack, loading your game and making a save, then reinstalling the creature pack?

The profile and save I'm having an issue with has no creature pack.  Other profiles in MO2 with different mod lists have creature packs, but not the one I'm seeing an issue with.

2 hours ago, FateOfSpirit said:

-i will try this. this was one of the possibilities in my mind anyway, but I already have a setup where most things work fine but it's very fragile, so I didn't want to do it. Does the method you suggest pose a problem in this regard?

-After deleting the creature pack, is it necessary to run fnis, nemesis, bodyslide, etc. before entering the game to save?

1st question - probably not.  You may get a crash to desktop, but then you'll know you can't do that.  If you save something, however, that may introduce a problem in your save.  If that happens you would have to scrub your save file with an application (I've never used it, can't remember the name).

2nd question - yes.  anything that has animations without FNIS running will probably T Pose everything, or some at least somethings.  Always run FNIS after you make changes that may impact animations, which may include animal and/or beast packs if you have animations for them.

Don't delete the creature pack(s), that's not why they're saying.  Just load the game without the mod running.  I have fixed issues with invisible horses that way, just load the game without saving and the reload the game with the mod turned back on.  I think that's what William is suggesting.

12 hours ago, pinkfluf said:

I once had an issue where only 1 creature (ice wraith) would not move, attack or do anything it was like it was frozen in place. Usually re-running fnis or reinstalling creature pack seems to fix stuff but this time it didn't. I made a backup of my meshes folder then deleted it. Vortex on deployment asked me what to do and I chose restore files, then redid bodyslide files and voila it worked.

Interesting.  I may try this when I get time.  For me, I think the problem is likely in the overwrite folder (MO2) since the same mods are not having issues on other profiles.  But that's really just a guess. 

7 hours ago, FateOfSpirit said:

"just load the game without saving and the reload the game with the mod turned back on.  I think that's what William is suggesting."

i tried that but did not fix the problem. draugrs are always problematic for me 

No, when I made a save without sexlab installed that forces it to re-install it from scratch once you add it back, so I had to make a save to get mine fixed. But if it's just draugrs then maybe its something with a specific animation pack or animation in particular? 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes guys i was able to solve my problem. As I said before, there is a mod in my load order that I overlooked and affects draugrs. If you think that you have done the installation properly and you are detecting problems with some specific creatures, review your mod list and check if there is a mod that affects textures or animations. Probably the problem is caused by these mods. I'm posting it here in case anyone encounters the same problem. The richer the forum, the better.Thx to all trying to help...

The mod that was causing the problem for me was:

Ultimate Combat and Creatures Behaviour compatibility for Nemesis
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/45966

Edited by FateOfSpirit