Hi, I need help please. I've been having random ctd on my existing playthrough (around 4-8 hours in). There wasn't any for the first couple of hours after I started the game (I use Aylis' modlist with some extra SL mods for my preference), but as the game progresses I've been noticing random ctd here and there in random places and time, and the crash log shows something about skeleton.nif and ineed - extended. I tried to find the culprit by doing the 50/50 method but sadly since the ctd were random, I couldn't find out the cause and am running out of options after trying for a few days. So please, I'd really appreciate any kind of help.

I've got these crash reports from Net script framework. Could anyone please take a look and kindly let me know if there's anything wrong with my game? Thank you greatly.

Log 1: https://paste.ee/p/nXmwV

Log 2: https://paste.ee/p/4sjZT

Log 3: https://paste.ee/p/mR6jw

Log 4: https://paste.ee/p/wam1k

Crash_2021_11_16_2-16-27.txt Crash_2021_11_16_3-35-42.txt Crash_2021_11_16_23-59-32.txt Crash_2021_11_17_23-20-18.txt

On 11/20/2021 at 3:12 AM, coolfreaky said:

do you know the use of tesEdit / Xedit  you might need to fix some errors from ineed , tesNPC , high poly , uossep , as some references seams to be overlapping . 

not sure it will fix your crashing and ctd"s though .

Thank you for your reply. I unfortunately haven't tried it yet, is there any guide that could walk newbies like me through the step? Thank you.

reinstall XPMSE (should way down in your load oder and should not be overwritten. So XPM overwrites everything) 

run Loot 

check for conflicts

run fnis (if you use animations mods)

start new game. (necessary because Loot is going to set up a new load order for you) 

I see XPM at the top while it should be low as possible and i see 3bbb all the way at the bottom. 

Could also be something the JK mods. They need patches and shit and is something i avoided. So i can not help you with that. But you mentioned something about your crash logs missing skeleton.nif, so start with that. 

5 hours ago, airnox said:

reinstall XPMSE (should way down in your load oder and should not be overwritten. So XPM overwrites everything) 

run Loot 

check for conflicts

run fnis (if you use animations mods)

start new game. (necessary because Loot is going to set up a new load order for you) 

I see XPM at the top while it should be low as possible and i see 3bbb all the way at the bottom. 

Could also be something the JK mods. They need patches and shit and is something i avoided. So i can not help you with that. But you mentioned something about your crash logs missing skeleton.nif, so start with that. 

Thank you, it's bc I followed Aylis' guide, though I believe they have a reason to put it there. I checked and it's only overwritten by Baka's ABC and XP32 Fixed Scripts. Is it safe?

2 hours ago, sweetrollskiwi said:

Thank you, it's bc I followed Aylis' guide, though I believe they have a reason to put it there. I checked and it's only overwritten by Baka's ABC and XP32 Fixed Scripts. Is it safe?

XPM should not be overwritten by anything and low as possible. Anyone telling you diffrent is lying. 

I dont know what XP32 fixed scripts is, but it sounds like a patch that fixes certain scripts, not the skeleton.

Baka is something with creature animations. I don't use it, but should not be overwriting XPM. 

Read my last post, test and play. If you still got ctds, then post your new load order. 

Note: it is important that you start a new game once you re ordered your load order with Loot.

(Don't worry, you can still add mods later on, no need to start over then. Just run Loot again to re order the latest mod) 

5 hours ago, airnox said:

XPM should not be overwritten by anything and low as possible. Anyone telling you diffrent is lying. 

I dont know what XP32 fixed scripts is, but it sounds like a patch that fixes certain scripts, not the skeleton.

Baka is something with creature animations. I don't use it, but should not be overwriting XPM. 

Read my last post, test and play. If you still got ctds, then post your new load order. 

Note: it is important that you start a new game once you re ordered your load order with Loot.

(Don't worry, you can still add mods later on, no need to start over then. Just run Loot again to re order the latest mod) 

Thank you, I'll give it another try! I don't mind restarting a new game, so it's all good!

Update: I use MNC and I got some issues with creatures after loading XP32 after MNC. I checked MNC's installation guide and it says MNC should overwrite XP32's, and Baka's ABC is supposed to load after MNC, so perhaps since it's in the mod author's instruction it should be alright?

The logs read something about skeleton.nif from Windhelm Guard, so is it possible that it's not creatures but some other issues?

Sorry for being a bother, I still haven't figured out what my problem is :(

32 minutes ago, sweetrollskiwi said:

Thank you, I'll give it another try! I don't mind restarting a new game, so it's all good!

Update: I use MNC and I got some issues with creatures after loading XP32 after MNC. I checked MNC's installation guide and it says MNC should overwrite XP32's, and Baka's ABC is supposed to load after MNC, so perhaps since it's in the mod author's instruction it should be alright?

The logs read something about skeleton.nif from Windhelm Guard, so is it possible that it's not creatures but some other issues?

Sorry for being a bother, I still haven't figured out what my problem is :(

Bro, that mod is for old Skyrim. With requirements that point to old Skyrim mods. My guess you have some mods that are not SE compatible. 

Remove everything, reinstall Skyrim, and use a guide.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/94228-se-compatibility-tracking-nov-20-6648-ae-is-here-skse-is-wip-sexlab-164-released/

Here is a guide i found. I recommend to use Vortex, because of your lack of experience (nothing wrong with it, we all had to learn) Vortex will do all the job and recognize conflicts. 

When you are about to download a mod, read its description and double check the correct version. 

Read the comments for possible issues and solutions. 

Then download the mod. This will save you and everyone trouble and time. 

The key of modding is to understand what you download and install. This will make it modding your game easier. 

In other words READ THE DESCRIPTIONS 

Good luck 

Edited by airnox