TK 17 on Windows ARM

Exonico

Hello guys

I have tried to run TK 17 VX on Windows ARM (MacBook Pro M1 actually) with 2 different methods :

- with CrossOver on MacOS

- through Win 11 ARM on Parallels Desktop VM

I have same issue with both methods : The launcher is ok but the game fails to start with the following Error message : "Error executing Tk17-158.001.exe"

I was wondering if anyone has the same setup as mine and had more luck ?

Thanks a lot

Edited by Exonico

Best way to proceed is to go step-by-step:

1) From your Windows VM under the MacOS, run the VX setup exe and install it using the "Portable" option. Don't add any mods yet (including Hook.)

2) Use "Play The Klub 17.exe" to start the program (you only need to do this once so that it creates the necessary folders.) If you get the launch dialog, you can Cancel. If you don't get even this far, you probably need a different VM.

3) Now, install the final "v1.00p" patch. Now you can launch VX using "TK17_Launcher.exe" (use this from now on.)

4) When the startup dialog/menu appears, if the "TWRK17" on the bottom left is green, everything loaded properly. If it's red, something is broken.

You can try adding Hook5 to the Binaries folder, but don't be surprised if it does not work. Hook requires DirectX-11 and ".Net 3.5" to work, which can be difficult to install under a VM.

PS: "TK17" is "The Klub 17". We haven' added an 18th member. :D

Edited by OysterMug

Ha ha sorry for the typo : TK17 indeed.

Did what you suggested and everything looks fine : TWRK17 is green

image.png.e562a679a8296b02273e01bcbfbb4cba.png

But still

image.png.4fc4ec26467f18738ee3684c489dbbcb.png

I guess this is due to ARM version of Windows ....

Even if Windows 10 and 11 ARM include a transcompiling tool that translate ARM instructions into x86 ones that allow in theory to run many many Intel apps.

Edited by Exonico
On 11/5/2021 at 1:22 PM, Exonico said:

Thanks for your post Daspex.

Tried launching directly the exe but same result.

How can I know the runtime libraries required to run the game ?

You need directx,framework.net and the ms redistribute or whatever they call that file  iirc. to run the game.

10 hours ago, Exonico said:

Did install this as well. No luck either...

Log if this can help :

Klub-10.log 4.79 kB · 1 download

Try to use the DX9 setup i attached here,this is a dx setup posted at the old garden.Maybe this version fixes the issue.If not youll have to wait until Marburg logs in.Maybe the Memory location reported in the log can tell him something.

DirectX 9.0C Addon - 1.10.06.0 (June 2010).rar

5 hours ago, OysterMug said:

I'm not familiar with Windows emulation on a Mac. Is it just an x86 VM and you must supply the OS/Windows, or does it claim to run Windows programs natively (like "Wine"?)

Hi OysterMug

I actually tried both methods :

- Crossover application (Based on Wine) that "emulates" a native windows machine.

- Windows virtual machine through Parallels Desktop. Although it is not a x86 VM since my Mac is ARM so the VM runs Windows 11 ARM. This version of windows uses a transcompiler to translate ARM instruction into x86 ones to run Windows x86 applications.

7 hours ago, Exonico said:

uses a transcompiler to translate ARM instruction into x86 ones to run Windows x86 applications.

Oooh. So you're basically trying to run an emulator on an emulator.

I think we've found the source of your trouble. ?

Until someone makes an ARM version of an x86 emulator, you're kinda stuck. :(

(I'm guessing this is an M1 based Mac?)

On 11/12/2021 at 5:04 PM, OysterMug said:

Oooh. So you're basically trying to run an emulator on an emulator.

I think we've found the source of your trouble. ?

Until someone makes an ARM version of an x86 emulator, you're kinda stuck. :(

(I'm guessing this is an M1 based Mac?)

Yes we kinda see it as an emulator in an emulator 

It works with many other applications though. Even games