Abysmal FPS and Script Latency - PLEASE HELP

The only time I reach 60fps is on the main menu screen.  "Good" fps for me is between 30 and 40, but is usually somewhere between 20 and 35 fps.  Sometimes as low as 15.  In combat, I've gotten fps as low as 3.

After poking around a bit, I usually average script latency of between 120 and 180ms.  The all time peak was 800ms.

FPS during animations never goes above 7 and latency averages around 500ms.

Full Modlist can be found here.

My computer is perfectly able to run Skyrim SE, there's just something about this load order that's making my PC shit itself.

Skyrim SE and a modded version have nothing in common in terms of system requirements.

As much as i love blaming bethesda, Skyrim was damn well optimized. Mod makers often dont bother with optimiztion at all, those "4k outfit textures and 8k skin" cannot function practically beyond the realm of screenshots. Unless they are the only HD things in 512 tex world, wich would look ridiculous.

Consider the following:  Bijin mod series is low poly and runs texture of 1k-2k resolution. Its still about the best looking NPC mod out there. Good stuff. Adding polygons for the sake of "high poly l33t" tag is like upscaling shitty textures to say "Dude its 4k". Unless there is discernable difference you actively want, anything that says "High poly" or "high resolution" is a waste of resources. Of wich you dont seem to have much to spare.

You dont seem to run too much stuff that would spawn additional NPCs, but cant say im familiar with your entire LO.

Basicly - go cutting and testing.

Cut high poly stuff, it doesnt do anything anyway. If you want prettier NPCs use something like botox+pandorable/bijin/both. If there are L33t 4k+ mods - cut those as well. If that doesnt help - you can try cutting stuff that actually does something: mods that add extra NPCs, if there are any, scritped mods like headtracking.

With that said - from what ive seen combat FPS drop is something to expect from modded skyrim. So to remain combortable there you'll probably need stable 60+ outside of combat.

2 minutes ago, nilead said:

Cut high poly stuff, it doesnt do anything anyway. If you want prettier NPCs use something like botox+pandorable/bijin/both.

Thanks.  I'll check out Bijin.  I was basically following this guide to get started.  I already cut out a lot of the superfluous texture mods, but I'll cut the High Poly NPC stuff and see if that helps.  Hopefully I don't need another fresh installation.

6 minutes ago, sadboihoursbro said:

Thanks.  I'll check out Bijin.  I was basically following this guide to get started.  I already cut out a lot of the superfluous texture mods, but I'll cut the High Poly NPC stuff and see if that helps.  Hopefully I don't need another fresh installation.

I was having some problems with script lag and FPS myself with that guide.  I reduced and optimized the textures for some of the broader texture mods that covered lots of things, using Cathedral Assets Optimizer, and reduced the number of pebbles in the grass mod in Xedit, dropped a mod or two, reduced the impact of the cloak for dripping when aroused (reduced the distance for the cloak and slightly increased the update time) and it helped a bit.  Still not ideal but its playable now.

What sort of specs does the PC your using have.  My PC, was pretty good, for a laptop, 6 years ago, which means its verging on potato category now compared to a modern desktop. 

Skylake 4 core i5 with no hyperthreadng, and a 960M with 4GB, and 16GB of RAM, running the game off a SATA SSD.  If your worse than that then that mod list is going to be a problem.

how Is the framerate indoors compared to outdoor?

low framerates indoor can be tied to hdt/smp

I run le but recently had my framerate drop into single digits indoors. turns out  a xml file i was trying out for buunp was causing it. Had the file installed for a while without problems  then bamm!  crap framerate.

try disabling anything that could have overwritten  your bodies' skeleton

4 hours ago, sadboihoursbro said:

Full Modlist

In this case it would also be interesting to see your hardware specs.

But in general:

- Play in 1920 x 1080 resolution

- Avoid using 4K textures (maybe even 2K textures depending on how much video ram your graphics card has)

- Avoid installing too many script heavy mods

- Avoid overcrowding areas by installing too many mods adding custom npc's.

- Avoid using SMP for body (use CBPC for most moving body parts) and hair movement

- Avoid grass in landscape mods

12 hours ago, Shadowbroker3495 said:

In this case it would also be interesting to see your hardware specs.

16 hours ago, axz2 said:

What sort of specs does the PC your using have.

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8665U CPU @ 1.90GHz   2.11 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Graphics     NVIDIA Quadro P520

Sorry for the slow response

EDIT: I disabled everything (even the Unofficial Patch) and ran vanilla Skyrim SE.  I hadn't used FPS counters back in vanilla and it was eyeopening.  Even without running any mods at all, I couldn't reach 60fps in game.  It was usually between 35 and 50, dipping down to the 20's and sometimes high teens when loading in new exterior cells.  I guess my PC just can't handle SSE after all.  Idk how I've put up with it for so many hours.  This sucks.

Edited by sadboihoursbro
1 hour ago, sadboihoursbro said:

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8665U CPU @ 1.90GHz   2.11 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Graphics     NVIDIA Quadro P520

Sorry for the slow response

EDIT: I disabled everything (even the Unofficial Patch) and ran vanilla Skyrim SE.  I hadn't used FPS counters back in vanilla and it was eyeopening.  Even without running any mods at all, I couldn't reach 60fps in game.  It was usually between 35 and 50, dipping down to the 20's and sometimes high teens when loading in new exterior cells.  I guess my PC just can't handle SSE after all.  Idk how I've put up with it for so many hours.  This sucks.

It looks to me like the video card would be your bottleneck.   You have as much RAM as I have and I think you have a faster CPU.  I think my GPU might be the bottleneck as well (although I could also use a faster CPU).

You might  be less accepting of low performance than I am.  If I don't ever reach 60 FPS its ok with me as long as it doesn't impact my gameplay in a noticeable way.  In Skyrim I could definitely live with 35 to 50.  Teens might be a bit of a problem, but I if its high teens an only occasionally maybe I could live with that too.   At least I think so I haven't actually checked my FPS.

One thing to check is that your game is being run using the Quadro rather than the built in graphics on your i7.  You don't have a great GPU, but it still should be much better than using the graphics built in to your CPU.