Question Updating animation packs? steps?

Ok, you'd think I'd know better, but I don't

What's the correct procedure to *update* SL animation packs?

for instance, do I need to disable all the pack-associated animations first in SLAL and do any cleanup in SL prior, or perform any other maintenance steps?

if someone would be so kind as to fire off a quick ELI5 (step 1 do this, step 2 do that, etc ) I'd appreciate it. I can always "guess" but I hate when my guessing ends with me pissing around for 2 or 3 hours fixing some mess I made unnecessarily.

thnx.

Edited by anjenthedog
edited title
  • anjenthedog changed the title to Question Updating animation packs? steps?
17 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

I never had a problem with just:

1 Deinstall the older version with manager

2 Install the newer version with manager

3 make sure the load order doesn't change, new version gets the same spot as old version.

4 do the FNIS shuffle and the registration with slal afterwards.

I update my packs quite frequently exactly like that and while i am a notorious new game starter, i don't necessarily make clean saves for that, never had a problem with scenes just because of updating things. 

Edited by Gukahn

Thanks. That got me on the right track, although it wasn't transparent as that for whatever reason, but then again, the process wasn't as slow as I thought it would be from past "rebuilding" efforts so that's a positive (I've avoided updating animation packs for a long time, well over a year, because "back when", I had some oddities in my config that made scripts crawl... an SL registry rebuild used to take me 10-15 minutes, so my hesitance was a form of 'pain avoidance').

Anyway, unfortunately the replaced pack animations  almost all failed after the update) ... So... what I did was

---------------your process...already done...

1 Deinstall the older version with manager

2 Install the newer version with manager

3 make sure the load order doesn't change, new version gets the same spot as old version.

4 do the FNIS shuffle and the registration with slal afterwards

---------------discovered failing animations (this from the billyy page for when things go wrong)

5. in SLAL deselect all

6. In "General Options",  Click "Rebuild Sexlab Anim registry"

7. wait for completion of task

8. reselect all the animations you want to  use

9. In "General Options" Click "Register Animations"

10. wait for completion of task

Again, thanks... you put me on the right track and that's what's important. 

Edited by anjenthedog