I recently got a new PC with a proper graphics card, yay! However as it is my first time using such a thing, I'm at a bit of a loss on how to adjust my settings. By that I mean both the graphics card, and ini settings.

These are the specs of my new PC;

Spoiler

Device Specifications

Device name    Peaches
Processor    11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1185G7 @ 3.00GHz   3.00 GHz (It has 8 processors!)
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    Touch support with 10 touch points

It didn't bother to mention;

1TB SSD

Windows Specifications

Edition    Windows 11 Pro
Version    21H2
Installed on    ‎10/‎6/‎2021
OS build    22000.194
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.194.0

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti with Max-Q Design

Is that what I'm supposed to put here? I've never posted my PC specs before...

Thanx for reading?

13 hours ago, ReverendFelix said:

I recently got a new PC with a proper graphics card

Your CPU is fine but GTX 1650 TI only has 4 GB video ram.

Thus you should preferably be playing in 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080) and using 1K textures when possible.

If you push graphics card too hard with higher resolution and better textures, you will run out of video ram fast and windows will start pushing data to SSD pagefile to free video ram. This will result in stuttering and lower frame rate. Remember that Skyrim graphics engine is very old and not optimized for performance. Sure you can do some INI hacks to improve performance slightly but it is not a miracle.

On 10/9/2021 at 1:00 AM, Shadowbroker3495 said:

Your CPU is fine but GTX 1650 TI only has 4 GB video ram.

Thus you should preferably be playing in 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080) and using 1K textures when possible.

On 10/9/2021 at 6:07 AM, Sk8rld said:

(I'm getting constant 50 fps with GTX 1650)

Yeah, I didn't realize the GPU was kinda mid range until after I got the PC home. But it's ok, I am running full 60 fps right now with some nice high settings. My old pc was low end and did a decent job, but this new one is doing amazing. I do see what you mean about the 4 gb vram though. It mostly has issues fast traveling to high demand locales. But that is easily worked around by traveling to 'near' the locale, and simply walking to the trouble spot. Thank you for the heads up!

do not worry about your pc settings leave as it is .     you do not have a low end gpu ( not for skyrim anyway ) .  

skyrim runs smoothly with a laptop  ( Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz   2.80 GHz  + 16 gb ram with no settings at all  just basic ultra settings ) .

of course there is a limite of background scripts and of course there is a limit for animations . ( the more you meet these limits the more you need to pay attention to what was said above and after being sure that the Load Order is correct ) . 

and for your flickering thing  you might need to set your screen or and your gpu to 60 fps max .

( i had to set my screen parameters to 60 hz  initialy 120 hz ) .

Edited by coolfreaky