Alla's Oblivion My Way

View File

Alla's Oblivion My Way

Little additions to make Oblivion more fun

Dragonwing Lodge
     If you explore the mountains, you'll find a small house.  You'll have to solve a few riddles to take possession of it, though.  Inside you'll find a bed, plenty of safe storage, cooking and crafting amenities, and two rather special wall decorations. (If you are using the CObl version, you will discover one other interesting thing in the Lodge.)

Cloud Ruler Quarters
     It seems wildly unfair not that Martin and Jauffre had private quarters -- after all, one's the Emperor and the other is the Head Blade -- but that they expected the hero to share the dorm-barracks.  No.  Just no.  Look for the Hero's Quarters in Cloud Ruler Temple; you'll find safe storage and the usual amenities.  (And the extra interesting thing that CObl provides.)

Crafting Stations
     The Herbcraft Notes acts as a full leveled Alchemy Apparatus set, and the Enchanting Manual acts as a Spellmaking Station (because not everyone wants to join a guild just to mix a potion or enchant a sword).

Fun with Cooking
     You will find cooking amenities not just in Dragonwing Lodge or the Hero's Quarters, but throughout Cyrodiil (usually outdoors).
     Cook Pots will make 4 Meals; Mixing Bowls will make 2 Salads; Drink Pitchers will make 2 Drinks.
     A CookBook lists what you can make, and what ingredients you need.  (Each recipe requires 3 ingredients).

Pebbles, Clothes, Gear, and Jewelry
     There are several "Pebbles" to be found in various places -- in containers, at various shops, in the possession of many people and creatures.  These Pebbles can be used like Sigil Stones to enchant your armor or clothes.  There is also some enchanted jewelry which will help you on your adventures.  Most Chest items (Cuirasses, shirts/blouses, robes) no longer hide amulets and necklaces.  Let's face it, either you spent a lot of money on your jewelry, or you risked your life to acquire it.  You want people to see it!

Brother Maborel's Paint Horse
     That is a really stupid name for a horse, so he has been renamed in honor of a famous racehorse.

Keep in mind, none of the goodies are just plunked down somewhere obvious.  You will have to look around, use your brains, explore, and examine things around you.  (But nothing is terribly hard to see, locate, or use.)

==================================================================================================

Requirements for AllaObMyWay = OBSE
Requirements for AllaObMyWay-CObl = OBSE + CObl

AllaObMyWay/AllaObMyWay-CObl should play nice with most other mods.  (I highly recommend Kuertee's "Eat and Sleep", Kvatchcount's "Return the Stolen Items Redux",  and TheWizardKs's "Word of Recall")

==================================================================================================

Install = Manual install recommended.  Choose ONE ESP only!

Place AllaObMyWay.esp, Meshes, and Textures, into your Oblivion\Data directory.  When you're asked to "Replace" click "Yes".  (You won't overwrite any existing files, all that will happen is the meshes, textures, and icons for AllaObMyWay will end up where they belong.)

*OR*

Place AllaObMyWay-CObl.esp, Meshes, and Textures, into your Oblivion\Data directory.  When you're asked to "Replace" click "Yes".  (You won't overwrite any existing files, all that will happen is the meshes, textures, and icons for AllaObMyWay-CObl will end up where they belong.)

Uninstall

Remove AllaObMyWay.esp or AllaObMyWay-CObl.esp from your Data directory.

Remove AllaMeshes from your Meshes folder.

Remove AllaTextures from your Textures folder.  Remove the 8 "Alla" icon files from your Textures>Menus>Icons>Clutter Folder

*****DO NOT ATTEMPT TO "CLEAN" THIS MOD.  All changes are intentional.  "Cleaning" will simply break it and render it unusable.*****

If you need to find something from this mod in the CS, just look for anything prefixed with Alla -- Scripts, Meshes, Textures, Icons.

Note:  You may find the console commands "GetBaseObject" and "SetActorFullName" handy.
To use GetBaseObject drop the item on the ground, open the console, click the item, and type GetBaseObject.  That will give you the item's code; the first two characters will be the number of the mod the item comes from.
To use SetActorFullName click a creature, open the console, and type SetActorFullName MyExample or, SetActorFullName "My Example" if the name has a space in it.

FAQ
It doesn't work!
     Did you choose ONE ESP and place it in your Oblivion\Data directory?
     Did you place the Meshes and Texture folders in your Data folder?
     Did you ACTIVATE the plugin?
     Did you use BOSS, SkyBSA, or something similar, to sort your plugins?
     Did you refrain from "cleaning" the mod?  I did tell you not to, remember?

I installed AllaObMyWay or AllaObMyWay-CObl correctly, but I think I found a bug!
     Uh-oh.  Can you describe it so I can try to fix it?
     What happened, under what conditions, and can you repeat the problem?

Hey, this other mod does some or all of the same stuff!
     It's nice to have variety, isn't it?

May I use your models or textures?
     NO, you may NOT use my models or textures without express permission.

May I use your scripts?
     YES, you certainly may.  Scripting for Oblivion (and Skyrim) confuses the snot out of me.  Once I finally figure something out, I want to share it and perhaps save others the cost of a case of aspirin.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/21/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    OBSE

AllaObMyWay: right name, because only you can use it. :classic_wink:

Sorry a long bug report.

------------------------------------

Your nif have full textures path
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\oblivion\data\textures\upperclass\silverdetail01.dds
Texures path starts with textures\.....
With full textures path only people with the same install folder will have textures in game, all others will have purple missing textures.
And 99% will have another install path... because in every install instruction you can read "Never install the game in  program files (x86) ", or OBSE, pluggy and other tools may not work right.
You seem to be one of the few people who don't have any problems with Oblivion in program files (x86)

Many of your static meshes use clutter nif (vanilla or new nif )
To set a nif to static
BSXFlags  remove Havok
bhkRigidBodyT  change 6 entries

And the vanilla nif you use for static items:

Make copies of the vanilla nif you use and put them in your AllaMeshes and change the nif to static. ( Then change the path in the esp )
Also some activators use clutter nif but should be static.

If a nif is set to clutter-collision and you use it as static item in your Mod  the nif in game can not be grabbed ,  but it can be moved by hitting with body, weapon and magic.
But you are unable to grab it and put it in the right position.

--------------------------------

The first thing most people install is a nude body and armor-clothes replacer.

Your Mod conflict with Vanilla armor clothes replacer that add female versions. You changed it back to "only male" versions.
UpperRobe01 "White Mage's Robes" [CLOT:000A498F]
LowerRobe01white "White Monk Robe" [CLOT:00071047]
EnchClothingRobeChameleon "Lesser Chameleon Robe" [CLOT:00048990]
LowerRobe01 "Monk Robe" [CLOT:0001E7FF]
EnchClothingRobeChameleonCommon "Chameleon Robe" [CLOT:0000844D]
SteelCuirass "Steel Cuirass" [ARMO:000229A2]
DwarvenCuirass "Dwarven Cuirass" [ARMO:00036349]
BlackwoodCuirass "Blackwood Cuirass" [ARMO:00038510]
EnchSteelCuirassFortEndurance "Cuirass of Resilience" [ARMO:00049520]
EnchSteelCuirassFortHealth "Cuirass of the Herald" [ARMO:00049521]
EnchSteelCuirassFortHeavyArmor "General's Cuirass" [ARMO:00049655]
EnchSteelCuirassResistNormalWeapons "Ambassador's Cuirass" [ARMO:0004965F]
EnchSteelCuirassResistPoison "Cuirass of the Diplomat" [ARMO:00049660]
EnchDwarvenCuirassFortEndurance "Cuirass of Vitality" [ARMO:0004966A]
EnchDwarvenCuirassFortHealth "Cuirass of Lifeblood" [ARMO:0004966C]
EnchDwarvenCuirassFortHeavyArmor "Cuirass of Battle" [ARMO:00049672]
EnchDwarvenCuirassResistNormalWeapons "Weaponbane Cuirass" [ARMO:0004967B]
EnchDwarvenCuirassResistPoison "Cuirass of the Cave Viper" [ARMO:0004967C]

Maybe better no vanilla armor-clothes changes.  Let people use their own replacers.

-----------------------------------

"Fog Near" in your and Vanilla Interior Cells  not 0,0001. If your Mod is in load order after Unofficial_Oblivion_Patch you overwrite the 2 vanilla cells fixes.
And you have water in your interior Cells. (can be deleted)

--------------------------------------

Vanilla Ingredient:
you reduce many to 3 effects.  Why? Maybe in other Mods people need the 4 effects.

No pathgrid in your cells, very bad for companions and NPC/Creatures

-------------------------------------

Some wrong script ( all the cooking scripts )
else  !After a else you don't add a condition like "Player.GetItemCount Apple < 2  .....  "  You do it only after a elseif

If condition

y happens

else (nothing behind it )

z happens

endif

Or

If  condition A

y happens

elseif condition B

z happens

endif

------

AllaMealScript not able to compile: Invalid block structure. command Endif has no matching If. ( delete one endif at the end of the script )

----------------------------------

esp is not clean.  Use TES4Edit

-----------------

Mod not compatible with UL Snowdale (and some other UL Mods) and Order of the Dragon. I only cheched the DragonWingLodge.

Every mod that changes world cells has conflicts with other mods, there are just too many. So nothing you can do or change.

Then I stopped checking...  have not played it, only CS and TES4Edit check. Unfortunately too many conflicts with mods that I will never delete.

I like small player houses ( not the multi-room castles and villas ). Your DragonWingLodge is nice.

Here most of the nif you use with fixed textures path and the nif you use as static are set to static collision. Also the vanilla nif copies. ( hope I missed nothing )

AllaMeshes.7z

Not changed are the clothes nif (shirt, pants, boots ) you use as Sigil stones.

Normally sigil stone have clutter collision, you can grab, activate and put in inventory. Your "sigil stones" don't have any collion in the nif.  Are they only decoration ?

I don't think you can grab or activate a nif without any collision.

They work if they are only in the inventory, but if you ever drop one you can never pick it up again.

I'm not quite sure why you're getting that with the texture paths, but I'll go back and check them as you suggest.

Not quite sure why the scripts aren't working for you.  I'll check those over again.

Don't clean the mod.  There are no dirty edits in it -- every change in it was intended.  Cleaning it, especially with TESxEdit, breaks it.

And wow, thank you for the zip file -- you obviously went to a lot of trouble to do.  That was really nice of you!

Edit -- also, didn't realize so many people use clothing or body replacers, since no one I know does so, thank you for pointing out that lots of people do use them.

The Pebbles were meant more along the lines of "tokens" that weren't touchable, so to speak.  But I like your idea better, of being able to drop or grab them.

Edited by Allannaa

I have not tested the Mod.

In CS I checked the script  and I get error messages about the else error  and the AllaMealScript it does not compile because of the error. If I do not fix the bug I can only save the script as UnCompiled, the CS wii and can not compile it with the bug. There is one endif too much

pic3.jpg

And all the "cooking" scripts

You can compile the script, it is not a real bug. But everything behind a else will not be used, the scriot will ignore it and jump to the next line.

pic2.jpg

There are wold cells, not used, no landscape or path grid change, nothing added. Only a vanilla overwrite. TES4Edit will delete such cells. And that can not break the Mod.

67 "Identical to Master" records will be removed. All Not-changed-cells

And one delete vanilla tree is set to "Initially disabled" (You should not delete vanilla entries )

pic1.jpg

-------------------------

EDIT

Here the vanilla renamed nif for the sigil stones

Sigil Nif.7z

People with big player house want to see everything. The put all stuff in vitamins, shelves and showcases.

Would be bad if they drop one of your "sigil stones" and it is stuck in the air and can not be moved or activated or taken back in the inventory.

---------

Hey we are here at LL !  so 99% of the people have a nude body installed  and so they need a armor-clothes replacer.

Edited by fejeena

I don't get why the meal script doesn't work.  It does work for me, and the other people in my house, but then we all have the same install and all that.

For the meal script all I did was use the Drink script you already had helped me with (remember that a week or two ago, in the forums?)

But I'll go back and try again.

ROTFL -- you're right about body replacers on LL -- I did not even think about it that way, and I should have!

If you was able to compile the AllaMealScript  it will work.

But with my CS If it was a new script, I wouldn't be able to compile it.

And the make cooking, drink, food scripts  work. Because the game ignores the part behind the else.

Because if the IF condition is not right the script jumps to the ELSE ( ignores the part behind the else)  And jumps to the next line and displays the messageBox.

The part after the ELSE you don't need.

Some of those cells that the cleaner is showing, were not changed except to drop an X marker into them (for teleporting).  But as with the other things you mentioned, I will definitely go back and look at them, and start over if necessary.

I don't mind starting over or fixing things, if it means other people will be able to enjoy the mod.  Otherwise, what's the point of making it, if no one else can have fun with it! ?

"Some of those cells that the cleaner is showing, were not changed except to drop an X marker into them ...."

This is exactly why you clean mods. The CS is stupid, especially if you use it without CS extender.

You add a Persistent reference in the world and it add the World-cell in your esp.

You change /add a interior cell and it add the Abandoned Mine in your esp and often it adds water in the cell.

You watch the races ( without changing anything ) and it add the argonian in your esp.

And if there is a overwrite you don't want to delete/clean you can clean manually. TES4Edit, "Apply Filter for Cleaning"  and then check all changed entries.

And you always do a manually cleaning because things like added water the auto-cleaning-function does not delete, you have to clean/delete the water manually.

I always do a auto-cleaning and then a manually cleaning.