Need help to edit armor value

Just now, Back2friday said:

Hi, i want to basically cheat. I have some clothing mods that does not have armor on them. How can i put my own value of armor on that type of clothing. For example panty's. These clothing pieces has zero protection on them. Is there a way with SE xEDIT to add some armor value on it? 

Yup.

1. Using xEdit, find the armor piece (ARMO record)
  2. You will find a section under "Biped Body", and change it to "Light Armor" or "Heavy Armor"
  3. Then at the bottom of the record will be "DNAM - Armor Rating", and you change that to whatever you like.  May want to compare to a boot or something to see what a valid range is, or just set it to whatever you want.

That's it.

1 hour ago, Seijin8 said:

Yup.

1. Using xEdit, find the armor piece (ARMO record)
  2. You will find a section under "Biped Body", and change it to "Light Armor" or "Heavy Armor"
  3. Then at the bottom of the record will be "DNAM - Armor Rating", and you change that to whatever you like.  May want to compare to a boot or something to see what a valid range is, or just set it to whatever you want.

That's it.

Thanks worked. However changing the slot number didnt solved the clipping, and with Nifskope i cant figure it out. See my other topic. Hope you can help me out 

Firstly, changing Biped Slot assignments can't possibly fix clipping. You must make/use an Outfit Studio project to fix the clipping, then build the item into the game with your current preset shape using BodySlide > Batch Build.

In order to set/change the Biped Slot assignment of an item:

1. If the item shape/partition in the nif file(s) is NOT a BSDismemberSkinInstance (e.g. it is a NiSkinInstance), you can ignore the nifs- the slot is assigned only in the plugin
  2. If the item shape/partition in the nif file(s) IS a BSTriShape > BSDismemberSkinInstance, then you must set the slot in the Details pane of the Partition > Partition subrecord of both the high-weight and low-weight nifs, and both nifs must agree with each other
  3. For NiSkinInstance and BSDismemberSkinInstance partitions alike, you must set the Biped Slot assignment in both the Armor Addon (ARMA) and the Armor (ARMO) records of the plugin; both assignments must match each other; and both assignments must match the slot assigned in the nifs (if any.)

Since you seem to be new at this, I would strongly suggest that you make backup copies of your first few plugins and nifs until the process starts making sense to you. Don't ask me how I arrived at this recommendation. :classic_wacko:

Or, I may have just wasted 10 minutes of my life typing this for you since my first line might have stopped you from reading the rest. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Vyxenne
On 9/19/2021 at 8:13 AM, Vyxenne said:

Firstly, changing Biped Slot assignments can't possibly fix clipping. You must make/use an Outfit Studio project to fix the clipping, then build the item into the game with your current preset shape using BodySlide > Batch Build.

In order to set/change the Biped Slot assignment of an item:

1. If the item shape/partition in the nif file(s) is NOT a BSDismemberSkinInstance (e.g. it is a NiSkinInstance), you can ignore the nifs- the slot is assigned only in the plugin
  2. If the item shape/partition in the nif file(s) IS a BSTriShape > BSDismemberSkinInstance, then you must set the slot in the Details pane of the Partition > Partition subrecord of both the high-weight and low-weight nifs, and both nifs must agree with each other
  3. For NiSkinInstance and BSDismemberSkinInstance partitions alike, you must set the Biped Slot assignment in both the Armor Addon (ARMA) and the Armor (ARMO) records of the plugin; both assignments must match each other; and both assignments must match the slot assigned in the nifs (if any.)

Since you seem too be new at this, I would strongly suggest that you make backup copies of your first few plugins and nifs until the process starts making sense to you. Don't ask me how I arrived at this recommendation. :classic_wacko:

Or, I may have just wasted 10 minutes of my life typing this for you since my first line might have stopped you from reading the rest. :classic_biggrin:

Not wasted at all lol.

I posted that problem on the Technical Support page https://www.loverslab.com/topic/176370-panty-and-schlong-clipping/ 

Here you can see what i tried to do. 

I do make back ups before i edit the files. I mean, thats the number one rule when doing these things right? hehehe 

I also actually read description on a mod page and check for incompatible mods on the comments page, before installing mods. So yeah, i dont mess with something unless i know what im doing. 

Its a lesson i learned when i was installing AAF and its addon mods for Fallout 4. I think you understand how troublesome that can be, but had everything working. I did the whole creating own outfits by mixing blending outfits into eachother, removing parts, increasing meshes/fixing clipping with outfistudio ect. 

Same with Skyrim, never incompatible mods.

But yeah, for now i fixed the clipping by adding the panty to a body clothing piece with Outfit Studio. So now it act as 1 clothing piece instead of 2. Better if you check it on that topic page. 

Using Nifskope is new to me, you're right on that and need a bit more expierence with it. 

Thanks!! 

Edited by Back2friday