Looks like I misunderstood what your .esp did, Thelargir. And as a result, my description of it in the OP is wrong.

I'll correct it.

Btw, I'm currently remaking my original esp, but this time I'm just creating the base perks, without touching any Perk trees. That can then serve as a base mod that could be adapted to SkyRe or SPERG by inserting the perks into the overhauled perk trees.

The perks have only been moved to the speechcraft-tree, theyre still bound to the relevant skills. I.e; you cant get the alchemy-related perk, unless your alchemy skill is high enough.

(If you're using the esp I created).

I suppose it's just a bit vague-- my lockpicking was fairly decent, but the perk only became available some time later.  I'd guessed that, maybe, the operative skill would have to exceed the required Speechcraft skill; but, my lockpicking was already more than a third of the way to the maximum, and higher than the Speechcraft req for the perk.  If I was going to get a 20% bonus, I reasoned that it would be good to get it while my skill still sucked enough to need the bonus.  Not that I'm complaining about the way that the mod works; it's just that the description was vague enough that I was afraid that I'd installed something incorrectly, or screwed-up my load order, causing the odd behavior.  It wouldn't be the first time that THAT has happened to me.

My conjuring skill is still not all that high; but, flame atronarchs are a regular staple in my combat SOP, since I don't usually bring companions.  I've been hoping for that perk to become available which extends the duration of conjuring spells-- I'm glad to know that it will eventually show up, even though it doesn't, yet.

It occurs to me that there should be a way to get Light Armor experience, or its equivalent, while using this mod and fighting without armor.  The toons should be gaining SOME kind of combat experience; and this mod bases its bonuses off the Light Armor skill.  As a simple stopgap substitute for implementing a new "Unarmored Fighting" tree, I respectfully submit that treating unarmored close-quarters combat with melee weapons as straight-up Light Armor combat would allow characters to advance this mod's Speechcraft protection bonus.  Otherwise, the only alternatives are finding Light Armor trainers (and, after lever 75, non-orc characters must quest to gain entry to an orc settlement to get training from the only sufficiently advanced trainer) and buying Light Armor skill at every level-up until the desired bonuses are obtained; and/or, abandoning this mod and playing in armor for a while.  I'm playing an assassin-type, and most of the time I'm either picking off groups running toward me with my bow, or decapitating them from behind by surprise.  But, I sometimes end up in a straight-up fight.  Fortunately, I had some light armor experience (+60... not much) before deciding to try this mod... and I usually put up Stoneskin, if the noise won't cause me too much of a problem.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.  =)

The perks have only been moved to the speechcraft-tree, theyre still bound to the relevant skills. I.e; you cant get the alchemy-related perk, unless your alchemy skill is high enough.

(If you're using the esp I created).

I suppose it's just a bit vague-- my lockpicking was fairly decent, but the perk only became available some time later.  I'd guessed that, maybe, the operative skill would have to exceed the required Speechcraft skill; but, my lockpicking was already more than a third of the way to the maximum, and higher than the Speechcraft req for the perk.  If I was going to get a 20% bonus, I reasoned that it would be good to get it while my skill still sucked enough to need the bonus.  Not that I'm complaining about the way that the mod works; it's just that the description was vague enough that I was afraid that I'd installed something incorrectly, or screwed-up my load order, causing the odd behavior.  It wouldn't be the first time that THAT has happened to me.

My conjuring skill is still not all that high; but, flame atronarchs are a regular staple in my combat SOP, since I don't usually bring companions.  I've been hoping for that perk to become available which extends the duration of conjuring spells-- I'm glad to know that it will eventually show up, even though it doesn't, yet.

It occurs to me that there should be a way to get Light Armor experience, or its equivalent, while using this mod and fighting without armor.  The toons should be gaining SOME kind of combat experience; and this mod bases its bonuses off the Light Armor skill.  As a simple stopgap substitute for implementing a new "Unarmored Fighting" tree, I respectfully submit that treating unarmored close-quarters combat with melee weapons as straight-up Light Armor combat would allow characters to advance this mod's Speechcraft protection bonus.  Otherwise, the only alternatives are finding Light Armor trainers (and, after lever 75, non-orc characters must quest to gain entry to an orc settlement to get training from the only sufficiently advanced trainer) and buying Light Armor skill at every level-up until the desired bonuses are obtained; and/or, abandoning this mod and playing in armor for a while.  I'm playing an assassin-type, and most of the time I'm either picking off groups running toward me with my bow, or decapitating them from behind by surprise.  But, I sometimes end up in a straight-up fight.  Fortunately, I had some light armor experience (+60... not much) before deciding to try this mod... and I usually put up Stoneskin, if the noise won't cause me too much of a problem.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.  =)

I see. Well, its actually my first attempt at modding anything, so I may very well have overlooked or done something incorrectly :P 

Looks like I misunderstood what your .esp did, Thelargir. And as a result, my description of it in the OP is wrong.

I'll correct it.

Btw, I'm currently remaking my original esp, but this time I'm just creating the base perks, without touching any Perk trees. That can then serve as a base mod that could be adapted to SkyRe or SPERG by inserting the perks into the overhauled perk trees.

I may have been a bit vague about what i did with it :P But you got the description right, because it also removes most of the perk-based requirements. 

So theres really no need to change the OP.

That sounds great! I'm currently experimenting a bit with importing the perks into different mods. I've switched from SkyRe, to using ERSO and SPERG. 

SPERG is a perk overhaul, and I've been able to get some of the streakerperks to work with it, but for some reason many of the perks dont show up ingame. 

I'll upload it when i've fixed it ;)

I've completed the remake of the mod:

What I'm uploading now is a file intended for modders only, as it currently does not alter your game in any way. (The original mod is still up in the OP)

I have created the basic perks (with no prerequisite perks or required skill levels), but I haven't inserted them into any skill trees. Having not touched the skill trees in any way, this .esp should not have any conflicts with any other mod. So anyone who wants to can load the esp together with another mod, and insert the perks into it's skill trees as you see fit. Hopefully, that'll make the creation of ports to Overhaul mods easier. :)

@Technomagier: Of course you have permission. And good luck with your exam! :)

StreakerPerksBASE.esp

I have an issue to draw to your attention:

I have the perk that supposedly grants an armor bonus based on light armor skill; but, in practice, it behaves very strangely-- perhaps, not at all.

Obviously, it doesn't work if one is wearing armor-- that's the entire point.  I'm supposed to be entitled to a +90 armor bonus; but, unarmored, my armor rating is zero.

If I check out some bracers that normally have an armor value of 11, thanks to the mod, they are listed as having a value of 90.  In fact, every item of armor is listed as having a value of 90, until I put it on, at which point it's actual value comes into effect, and that +90 just vanishes from the face of the Earth.

If I use no armor, at all, and just use Stoneskin, my only armor rating is from the Stoneskin.  Again, the +90 is nowhere to be found.  The only time I ever see evidence of it is when I put the cursor over a piece of armor, at which point I am promised +90 (which never materializes).

Anyway, I just thought I'd point that out....

The Light- and Heavy Armour perks should not even be in the mod.

I noticed that they didn't work properly when I made the mod and removed them from the perk trees until I could figure out a way to make them behave properly - which never happened.

Are you using the NoReq version? Maybe Thelargir included the perks in this version.

• 7 months later...

I really love the idea, but it still isn't quite viable enough to play as a nudist combatant.  There needs to be some kind of natural armor perk (actually diablo ii had something just like that for barbarian race).  Elemental and magic resistance needs to have more levels (up to 80%).  At the moment, I'm using another mod (I think it's called unarmored combat or something like that) that gets me part way there, although it focuses more on combat without weapons than defense.

May I make some suggestions? I might make some fixes myself later.

There are only a few cases where "More of the primary trait" is actually useful for a nudist character - they're already doing plenty of damage with their weapons.

Instead, it should offset the cost of the lost enchantment slots:

For example:
Destruction - increase magicka by 50/100% (Offsetting the lack of Fortify Destruction or Magicka enchantments)

One/Two-Handed - Reduce all incoming damage by 20/40/60% at levels 30, 60, and 90 (Is that possible without using Armor?)

Archery - Increase move speed by ~25% (One or two perks)

• 7 months later...

This mod just recently stopped working for me.  Or, at least, the easiest things for me to verify... the movement bonus perk from having level 40 in Heavy Armor and the armor bonus from "transferable skills..." are no longer being applied.

This occurred just after I updated to the latest version of Sexlab, SD Plus and the Devious Devices mods (all at the same time). 

I really liked using this mod.  The bonuses were really cool, and it's going to be difficult adjusting to playing without them, now.  If any way can be figured out to get it working, again, I would greatly appreciate it.

Idk if this is connected, but, the animation used to show that the clothes coming off were causing the mod effects to kick in was the same as is used by SD Plus to show Sanguine's magical influence (although I haven't figured out what difference it makes when that effect is on or not, yet).  I'm just throwing that out there-- the problem could be connected to ANYTHING, I imagine.

I haven't made up my mind whether to leave the mod installed for sentimental reasons (I've used it for over a year), or uninstall it because it's so discouraging to be constantly reminded of the mod options I don't have, anymore. 

All I really care about is getting the mod working, again.  I tried deleting, dropping in a fresh copy, and moving it in the load order.  But, nothing I know how to do restores the mod's functionality. :(

* After a lot more testing, the movement bonus did show up in all following games-- so, that appears to work.  But, the bonuses to items being crafted are completely wrong, and are merely confusing, since they show up as one thing in the crafting menus, but as something else in the character menu.  Most bonuses apparently don't work, anymore... EXCEPT for the movement bonus.

• 1 year later...

Yep, its not working for me either, tested it on the enchanting perk and no bonuses. I want to disable it but then I will lose the perks I spent right?

Probably. If you want to get some more perk points in an immersive way, you could play the sisterhood of dibella mod, you can get marks of dibella for sex (or find them at dead hargravens) and donate them to Fiona, for 3 of them you'll get one point.