Hold this, hold that??

Zquad1

Well, yes.  You would be making a copy of that item equipable along with the modifications needed to actually hold the object (not sure proper terms on that portion of it, I do believe it is to the meshes for those objects),  I do not have the skills to do that though, else I would offer to make it for ya.

puppeteer Master seems to show held objects like in the screenshot below, but I have been unable to even get NPC's to hold anything I guess if I have to alter objects in the creation kit well then I'll just pass  would rather mess with armor then mess with random clutter so my character can hold them.

Thanks for the reply BTW!! :D

post-74675-0-15374900-1369241399_thumb.jpg

There might ways to do this using some animation mods.  The Fully Animated Meals and Potions ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26271 ) has animations showing eating various foods and drinking potions/beverages.  There is the Pipe Smoking ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30200 ) mod that has a smoking animation.  The only only "goblet" type animation I know of for sure is the base one in the game when the PC is sitting and drinks something (not using goblet, but a mug).  The problem with all of these is that they are animations, not poses, so you either have to record them then pull the frames from the video, or screen cap them at the right moment.  Check the FNIS link for others thay may work, like the Osare AnimObjects Pose ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19497 ).  It has not been updated in quite a while and make take some work to get it to work with the newest FNIS if Fore hasn't added compatibility specifcally for it.  There is also the Skyrim Pose Collection (linked on the FNIS page).  Not sure what it has though.

puppeteer Master seems to show held objects like in the screenshot below, but I have been unable to even get NPC's to hold anything I guess if I have to alter objects in the creation kit well then I'll just pass  would rather mess with armor then mess with random clutter so my character can hold them.

Thanks for the reply BTW!! :D

Puppeteer master works just like shown, I did it once. In order to get NPC's to do it, you have to do something to them, like a "freeze" basically, tell them to stop ALL actions then give them the command using Puppeteer master. Something like StopAI or something like that ( that is NOT right, but I remember it being something along those lines ).

No need to change anything in creation kit if the idle ( such as puppeteer master ) already has the object as part of the animation. Your NPC's are just doing what you told them ( HOLD MEAT DAMNIT! ) then doing something else ( stop moving I said HOLD MEAT! :P ). You need to tell them they are not allowed to do anything else until told otherwise using the console.

Hope this helps.

*edit* fast after post edit : I think you can use directors tools, or something like that. 

FNIS Spells is doing that. It has spells that make the character use animations with so called Animated Objects (spells o1 to o18 and b1 to b18).

Now you can go and replace any of the corresponding animation files in meshes/actors/character/animations/FNISSpells (e.g. FNISSPo001.hkx), and the matching AnimObject file in meshes/AnimObjects/FNIS (e.g. AnimObjectFNISo001.nif).

The (animation and AnimObject) files you use can be extracted from the game's .bsa files. Or from any animation replacer, e.g Halo's pinups. The problem "only" is, that you have to find the files you want, and the placement of the AnimObject will probably not match the pose.

Archived