FNVedit and Wrye

szooch

i have been using FNVedit and it creates a batch patch for me.  In the last 24 hours I decided to  also use wrye.  Which in turn recommonded a bash patch which included the the patch created by FNVedit.  Is this wise??  Do I include the mods already bashed patch with FNVedit in with the bash patch created by wrye??   Why do these to programs have 2 seperate ideas on what to patch??   I have not a chance to fully test how all this works  other than noticing the hair styles on my npcs have changed...

Do I include the mods already bashed patch with FNVedit in with the bash patch created by wrye??

No. Only use one.

Why do these to programs have 2 seperate ideas on what to patch??

Because they are two separate programs.

Do I include the mods already bashed patch with FNVedit in with the bash patch created by wrye??

No. Only use one.

Why do these to programs have 2 seperate ideas on what to patch??

Because they are two separate programs.

so which  program's batch patch should I use??

and thanks for the advice !!!!!!!!!!

I use both. They are perfectly compatible. You can deactivate the merged patch after including it in the bashed patch.

okay I went with the advice  and using both bash patches......with the fnvedit patch unchecked and merged into the wrye patch.............here is hoping it will help with my random crashes when going into hostile encounters......

While both resolve a lot of conflicts that are the cause of random crashes, they cannot resolve issues stemming from sources out of their reach, like bugged spawning points, sloppy coded mods, engine limitations, dirty/wild edits, etc. 

what the heck is a  wild edit??  One further question what causes  'bugged spawning points"  bad mods??

is the wild edit KainsChylde refering to the FNVedit merged patch??

Appreciate the help and knowledge passed on.

Wild edits are, if a mod author changes something that he didn't mean to change, didn't announce to change or are unwise to change. For instance mod author A makes a weapon mod. He replaces a chair in Doc Mitchells house with a box, where the weapon is located. Mod author B doesn't know about this and has the chair referenced in one of his scripts. Since the chair doesn't exist anymore, you will get a ctd everytime the chair is being called on in the script.

Bugged spawn points can be caused by mods. However, this is a problem that can happen to unmodded games as well. You notice a bugged spawn point, if you can't enter one particular cell or worldspace. Sometimes this can be fixed by waiting for three in-game days. The game refreshes every spawn point in that period. If you are unlucky the cell is corrupted and it won't load ever again for your particular savegame and all successive saves.

Archived