GlossMax best method for wet look on skin

Wast1980

Hello!

I know there was a similar topic one year ago, but it's archived and I cannot bump it.

Does anyone remember the tool MaxGloss for Oblivion, which alters the glossiness of skin meshes (bodymeshes and skinmeshes in armors) automatically?

This tool would be quiet handy for Skyrim also.

Altering the glossiness of the mesh in addition to glossy specular maps is the best way to get a believable wet look of the skin.

Editing every single mesh is a massive pain in the ass.

Changing an ENB setting isn't an option because then every object in the game is glossy.

It would be great if someone could convert this tool so it works with Skyrim meshes(It should be possible, if I remember right the original tool searches after the shader type Skin and alters the glossiness entry).

Or perhaps someone has the sourcecode of the tool so I could take a look at it?

Well you can also through the use of NifScope set the glossiness of you character's model meshes to something like 1000. That is a good start. It gives you a nice and noticeable sheen. Nothing crazy you will notice highlights on your skin that make it look like you have a light coating of oil on your skin. Then if you want something more you can edit the specular maps of your body's texture files (all the files that have the *_s.dds in them). If you make them just a hair brighter through Photoshop or some other program it will leave you skill looking like you jumped into a tub full of oil.

Well you can also through the use of NifScope set the glossiness of you character's model meshes to something like 1000. That is a good start. It gives you a nice and noticeable sheen. Nothing crazy you will notice highlights on your skin that make it look like you have a light coating of oil on your skin. Then if you want something more you can edit the specular maps of your body's texture files (all the files that have the *_s.dds in them). If you make them just a hair brighter through Photoshop or some other program it will leave you skill looking like you jumped into a tub full of oil.

Sorry, but thank you. I already wrote that in the topic description. I'm searching for a converted version of GlossMax or a similar tool. It would help to set the glossiness for example to 200 (that's enough I think) for a bunch of body/armor meshes just with a few mouse clicks.

Have you already tried to do this manually to all your amors you are using?

One single body contains 7 parts which you have to edit, but that isn't really the problem.

Also every armor contains multiple parts of skin shaded meshes(which show skin in game).

Editing an ENB setting give a nice effect, but it isn't a solution because every item get that gloss also.

I'm only aware of GlossTech, which simply exports a small specular map for body skins (not armor).

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5437/

I've never noticed any change in Skyrim between a gloss value of 5 or 5000 when it concerns the mesh file itself.

Also thank you, I'm already using FairSkinSweatSpecular maps. Once upon a time MonoS944 did his Glosstech after reading a post of mine:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5437/?tab=4&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D5437%26page%3D50%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D519131&pUp=1

Example for mesh based gloss (at 200):

Screenshot49746.jpg

It makes a difference.

Same shot with enb:

Screenshot49633.jpg

another shot:

Screenshot46648.jpg

editing the mesh provides a much more natural wet look

So I know the technique, I'm just searching for a tool like GlossMax(Oblivion) which would save hours of nifskope editing (20 armors---> you will have to edit about 80 meshes)

So basically you want a GlossTech that will modify armors as well as body meshes and specular maps? Well, I don't know of anything like that but if you find something let us know.

No, just the meshes. GlossMax is a tool for Oblivion which does exact what I have in mind. You open it, a gui occurs and you can drop in all the meshes you want to edit ----> glossiness will be automatically set to 100(as it was in Oblivion) or you can edit the *.ini file to set another value.

Yeah I have to do it all manually, sucks but I guess in the end it's worth it for the sexy gloss it give's your characters.

Yeah, of course it is worth doing it. I just want to edit every armor (male/female) not only the armor I'm using currently for my pc.

The Gloosmax tool would be very helpfull when it comes to this. Yesterday I recognized that I can open the application file of GlossMax with 7z. Perhaps I'm able to take a look at code, but I don't think so(it's probably assembler).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm only aware of GlossTech, which simply exports a small specular map for body skins (not armor).

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5437/

I've never noticed any change in Skyrim between a gloss value of 5 or 5000 when it concerns the mesh file itself.

gloss isn't the only setting that needs to be changed, you also need to change the spectral setting along with it.

it also helps if you up the contrast to the spec map file, it can do some odd things sometimes though lol.

Archived