TS3 CLIP Merge Tool 1.0.2

I have ported my CLIP merge tool to Sims 3 if someone want's to make bouncing breast animations for walking, running, jogging, workout etc.

TS3ClipMergeTool.png.3d1f48b03b4c510cf1254b9c29ac5673.png

It works like this,

1. Export the animation from the game package.
2. Import the animation into Blender.
3. Animate the breasts.
4. Export the animation from Blender.
5. Import the animation into a custom package.
6. Use the tool on the custom package.

7. Place the new created package from the merge tool into your overrides folder.
8. Start the game and see if it works.

What the tool does is take the 4 breast tracks from the custom animation and merge them with the EA original, this will preserve all events, IK setup and floats needed for the animation to work properly in game, including loco animations.

TS3ClipMergeTool1.0.2.zip

Edited by Denton47
12 hours ago, sim333 said:

Could you write about this process in more detail?

For my perspective it is only missing

7. Place the new created package from the merge tool into your overrides folder.

On my game it worked so far.

Had a test earlier with that but the game always stuck a short while on the loops.

Now I see, the merged package from the tool do not have a "key" file inside. Maybe that was the trick ! (Will test that with my old try package)

30 minutes ago, Clydie said:

Perhaps a stupid question, but I did not understand how

On 8/10/2021 at 8:17 PM, Denton47 said:

1. Export the animation from the game package.

?  The same is meant 

On 8/10/2021 at 8:17 PM, Denton47 said:

walking, running, jogging, workout etc

Where is it in the game?

@sim333

You need to find the package "FullBuild0.package" of the base game folder Sims 3/GameData/Shared/Packages - or similar !

Recommend to copy the file "FullBuild0.package" to a save place. Then open this (copied) package with S3PE and hunt for the following clip files :

a_female_run, a_female_run_short, a_female_walk, a_female_walk_short, a_female_walk_pregnant and a_female_walk_pregnant_short.

This should be enough at the beginning. Mark this Clips in S3PE and export them as file. Open a normal female rig in Blender (best the old ones from Master) and load then the exported clip. Then continue with Nr. 3 of the above description.

You can shorten that by downloading the file attached I just made for test in a fast way. There I copied in some simple breast movements already.

The only thing to be done with that is to continue on point 6. "Use the tool on the custom package" You should get a message "6of6 CLIP(s) merged)

Do not copy this package attached into your overrides without prior using the tool and use later the package the tool created in the directory you selected.

(Did not try the attached myself yet, but think it should work - remember, it's just a test)

Have fun.

FEMWALK_TST5.package

Edited by Clydie
9 hours ago, Clydie said:

On my game it worked so far.

Had a test earlier with that but the game always stuck a short while on the loops.

Now I see, the merged package from the tool do not have a "key" file inside. Maybe that was the trick ! (Will test that with my old try package)

I don’t know much about making animations for Sims 3 I’m afraid so all feedback is welcome.

I can make the tool add a name map to the merged package if this is needed ?

The tool is a port of the tool I made for tonicmole, maybe there is more information in his thread, the TS3 and TS4 animation format is not that different.

15 hours ago, Denton47 said:

I can make the tool add a name map to the merged package if this is needed ?

Does that mean, the tool will add (take over) the names for each animation in the package the tool creates ?

If yes, it would be may helpful if one want to modify or improve the animation of the merged package later on again.

• Denton47 changed the title to TS3 CLIP Merge Tool 1.0.1
On 8/13/2021 at 11:00 AM, Clydie said:

Does that mean, the tool will add (take over) the names for each animation in the package the tool creates ?

If yes, it would be may helpful if one want to modify or improve the animation of the merged package later on again.

I have uploaded a new version 1.0.1, the tool will now add a name map (_KEY resource) to the merged package, I have also added support for other install types than Steam.

On 8/19/2021 at 7:33 PM, Denton47 said:

I have uploaded a new version 1.0.1, the tool will now add a name map (_KEY resource) to the merged package,

Thanks, will check and test it.

On 8/19/2021 at 7:33 PM, Denton47 said:

added support for other install types than Steam.

OK ?! Do not have Steam, all CDs. But your tool worked for me.

First off thanks for this great little tool, got busy right away and really happy with results so far, looks great but the "a_female_walk" doesn't always play correctly, the extra animation data that is, the standard walk animation plays, so I had a look at the file  in the overide package anims and noticed unlike the other anims it looked a bit mashed and was also too long? wierd as it plays fine in game on and off but wonder if there's a prob there, should the animation look like the original and be the same length like the others or is that normal?, also the tool isn't picking up _a2o_***** object interactions anims, for example the beach towel sunbathing anims, could these be supported too, thanks.

I've attached anim and post tool anim if needed.

Anims.7z

• Denton47 changed the title to TS3 CLIP Merge Tool 1.0.2
17 hours ago, BlaGGeR said:

First off thanks for this great little tool, got busy right away and really happy with results so far, looks great but the "a_female_walk" doesn't always play correctly, the extra animation data that is, the standard walk animation plays, so I had a look at the file  in the overide package anims and noticed unlike the other anims it looked a bit mashed and was also too long? wierd as it plays fine in game on and off but wonder if there's a prob there, should the animation look like the original and be the same length like the others or is that normal?, also the tool isn't picking up _a2o_***** object interactions anims, for example the beach towel sunbathing anims, could these be supported too, thanks.

I've attached anim and post tool anim if needed.

Anims.7z 15.18 kB · 2 downloads

Hmm, apparently the information released by SGMS regarding the F3 track using the locomotion data table is not correct, this also appears to be the case for Sims 4, I assume the reason it works in Sims 4 is because the locomotion data is pulled from CLHD resource which is unmodified.

I have changed the F3 definition to what I think it should be, if you could please try again and see if the animations work with the new version 1.0.2.

There was an issue with the previous version of the tool not searching/recognizing all the game files, the latest version 1.0.2 should now work correctly (I hope) with Steam, boxed, Origin and Complete Collection install types and also search the patch files in the correct order.

Brilliant, thanks for the update. Did some more testing prior to this update and it then dawned upon me that there are the modifiers to the walk anim, carrying a tray,glass ect. maybe these are messin with it, gonna have a look at these files now as they are _a2o.**** - maybe they need the tracks too. loving it so far tho, done about 60 anims, only (err... can't read that number) anims left to get through :).

• 2 months later...

@Denton47 So, as a FAILURE trying to do animations, I must say that I had some relative success with using this tool. Sure, I am on version 20 or 30 of what I am doing, but that is just me. ))) 

Thanks for this tool!