Just a suggestion: after the beginning horse and finding the blood stains, make the quest marker jump from the blood stains to the next goal. Not everyone has blood enabled, so there will be no trail for them to follow. Vanilla Skyrim makes this same mistake a couple times.

Edit: Actually, I turn gore and decals back on, but I still don't have any bloodstains. Any clue where I need to go next?

Edit edit: I opened it up in CK to follow the trail there, and I see now you also marked the location with a smoke pillar. Smart! Maybe also mention something like "you smell something smoky" (but more poetic) to combat the issue of Skyrim not displaying blood decals.

Edited by delete1618

I'm getting a crash as soon as I drink from the fountain of life. If that's when I'm supposed to first meet Hel, I should mention I already have the xp skeleton installed.

I reinstalled with the "lore friendly"  version to confirm, and the crash continues to happen as soon as the animation for drinking from the fountain completes.

Edited by delete1618
4 hours ago, delete1618 said:

I'm getting a crash as soon as I drink from the fountain of life. If that's when I'm supposed to first meet Hel, I should mention I already have the xp skeleton installed.

I reinstalled with the "lore friendly"  version to confirm, and the crash continues to happen as soon as the animation for drinking from the fountain completes.

My guess is you're using Path of Sorcery which causes a problem when drinking from the fountain. I've uploaded a patch that should take care of the issue ?

Thank you for this excellent work ! :D

I just have minor bugs...
- I am stuck in the crate moving quest, I can't give the piles of salt
to the friendly skeleton... maybe because my game is in french and it doesn't recognise "pile de sel" ?
- The picture in the safe in the basement is broken :( I just have a "IMG" on it....

Thanks for everything ! :D

10 hours ago, Tikerian said:

- I am stuck in the crate moving quest, I can't give the piles of salt to the friendly skeleton... maybe because my game is in french and it doesn't recognise "pile de sel" ?

The translation shouldn't matter at all, as the game only checks for the IDs of the respective item not its name. But the salt piles aren't even used for the moving crate quest so I'm a bit confused what you are referring to ?

The picture in the safe in the basement is broken :( I just have a "IMG" on it....

Sounds like I forget to remove it, best to ignore ?

Thank you for this excellent work ! :D

Thank you, glad to hear you like it! ?

2 hours ago, nachtdaemmerung77 said:

The translation shouldn't matter at all, as the game only checks for the IDs of the respective item not its name. But the salt piles aren't even used for the moving crate quest so I'm a bit confused what you are referring to ?

Oups, I may have swap my memories of the objectives items... I have done all the Helleim side quests in a row, before posting here :)
For more step by step :
- I look on the crates, the dialogue box appears and I click "Done".
- I talk to the skeleton, she told me what she wants.

- When I talk again to the skeleton, with or without the items asked, I don't have the end quest dialogue, just the same lines again and again.
(I'm not really stuck, because the Cage is visible from the side, so I simply use "tcl" to activate the button from behind the crates. ? )

Sounds like I forget to remove it, best to ignore ?

oooh, nooo.... :( I would love to see a picture of little girl Hel :D

Thank you, glad to hear you like it! ?

I like it so much that just after finishing it, I have download Maelstrom :D
Is there plans to add features on this mod ? :) (new rooms, Hel quest related to room opened,... ? )

22 hours ago, Tikerian said:

Oups, I may have swap my memories of the objectives items... I have done all the Helleim side quests in a row, before posting here :)
For more step by step :
- I look on the crates, the dialogue box appears and I click "Done".
- I talk to the skeleton, she told me what she wants.

- When I talk again to the skeleton, with or without the items asked, I don't have the end quest dialogue, just the same lines again and again.
(I'm not really stuck, because the Cage is visible from the side, so I simply use "tcl" to activate the button from behind the crates. ? )

I checked the quest, and if you bring some vampire dust to Ganglot it completes just fine. So I have no idea what would cause this problem for you, sorry ?

22 hours ago, Tikerian said:

I like it so much that just after finishing it, I have download Maelstrom :D
Is there plans to add features on this mod ? :) (new rooms, Hel quest related to room opened,... ? )

Currently there are no plans for anything because I don't have that much time for mod making any more, and I also have a lot of mods that I also need to take care of. But I hope you will enjoy Maelstrom ?

If the quest is OK, it's maybe just a spontaneus bug or a conflict on my vampire dust ? Anyway, if all is good except for me, I am good :)

I will folow all your futur works, I really enjoy maelstrom too ! (And I have to do it another time to have the other ends :D )

cheers :)

I have been loving this mod so much so far such a great mod. Got one issue that I'm not sure if anyone could help with. I have just drank from the fountain and when the next load screen happens to continue the mod my game crashes. Anyone got any advise. Thanks. Creator keep up the work!

1 hour ago, nachtdaemmerung77 said:

The only other cause I can think of is when XPMSSE isn't installed correctly. That would cause a CTD when the game tries to load Hel.

That was really weird... I just kept loading my save and crashing then when I attempted after a few tries a drauger wacked me from behind as I loaded in. It must have fell off the map and I didn't kill it during the fight because once I killed it the game didn't crash. That was supper weird haha. Anyway thanks creator your doing a great job! :).