Urbinepto Posted August 7, 2021 Posted August 7, 2021 Hello! I'm using UNP Body Renewal (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1699?tab=files), followed by Fair Skin mouth textures in my load order, followed by BHUNP (UUNP Next Generation) SSE (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31126?tab=posts), foillowed by High Poly Head, followed by Bijin Skin UNP 8k body diffuse and a couple of makeup, warpaint and overlay mods. Apologies for the noob question, but is it the case that the muscle mass of the character is only determined during UNP Body Renewal installation? I've installed UNP Pin-up (since I find Skinny a bit too skinny) and followed it up by "muscular" presets when prompted by the FOMOD. Logically, the Dragonborn becomes thicc. However, could skin textures, overlays, character presets (such as "Runa - Nord High Poly Head Preset" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40691 ) have influenced this? I'm talking real changes, not optical effects (such as how certain clothes patterns can make a chest look bigger). A very small issue I have is that while it's fitting for a Nord, Redguard, Orc character to be muscular, I like my Bretons, Bosmer and Imperials slightly skinnier. If I ever want a thinner Breton Dragonborn, should I reinstall UNP? Thank you for your guidance, happy gaming!
spoonsinger Posted August 7, 2021 Posted August 7, 2021 If I'm looking at your question correctly. The skeleton mesh points to a texture, which can overly or underlie define the presentation of the subject, (eg give more weight to muscle structure, but not size). That skeleton, (by default), points to the same mesh, (and this texture), for all races. If you want a different perspective for certain races, you have to redefine those races you want to be different to use a different textures, (or ultimately the skeleton itself).
Urbinepto Posted August 7, 2021 Author Posted August 7, 2021 17 minutes ago, spoonsinger said: If I'm looking at your question correctly. The skeleton mesh points to a texture, which can overly or underlie define the presentation of the subject, (eg give more weight to muscle structure, but not size). That skeleton, (by default), points to the same mesh, (and this texture), for all races. If you want a different perspective for certain races, you have to redefine those races you want to be different to use a different textures, (or ultimately the skeleton itself). Thank you! this is a valid answer. I guess that while it should be possible to have UNP Pinup for races ABC and Skinny for XYZ, I'll have to tweak my game to get it.
KoolHndLuke Posted August 7, 2021 Posted August 7, 2021 23 minutes ago, Urbinepto said: Thank you! this is a valid answer. I guess that while it should be possible to have UNP Pinup for races ABC and Skinny for XYZ, I'll have to tweak my game to get it. Pretty sure there is a mod somewhere that lets you customize each race's body. Probably even one that lets you customize individual followers and certain npcs. Not sure how well BS morphs work for something like that with outfits and you might need to adjust some things.
Urbinepto Posted August 7, 2021 Author Posted August 7, 2021 20 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said: Pretty sure there is a mod somewhere that lets you customize each race's body. Probably even one that lets you customize individual followers and certain npcs. Not sure how well BS morphs work for something like that with outfits and you might need to adjust some things. I'll look into it, thanks.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.