Where do i start? Everything is so confusing?

Hey this is my second try now after giving up 6 month ago trying it by myself.

I have no previous modding experience and am a complete noob when it comes to modding.

All i want is my character and/or my follower to look a certain way (I prefer downloading body presets and armor/lingerie)

and then walk around with them and maybe put them into a pose/animation.

I just dont know where to start? I tried reading a bunch of confusing guides that were written as if you knew what all these things mean (UNHPP.SKSE,CBBE and what not)

Ive downloaded Skyrim legendary edition and made a "clean save" in riverdale.

I installed the following mods via Vortex :

Bodyslide and Outfit Studio

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended

Fores new idles in Skyrim SE FNIS SE FNIIS Behavior SE 7_6

SkyUI_5_2_SE

Racemenu Racemenu Special edition v0-4-16

AdditemMenuLE_32_SKSE173

UNP Remastered BHUNP TBBP 3BBB Body LE-100306-2-31-1621153018

I understood the following :

SKYUI makes the UI within skyrim easier to navigate through.

Bodyslide helps you add body types. Still dont understand how you add them or how to " Make a character or follower look different"

Additem is simply used to get you items out of the mods you downloaded.

Racemenu is basicly a more advanced character changer that changes the way your character body looks (?)

Some outfits requiere certain body types.

Modding is freaking difficult and complex as a beginner.

What i clarification for :

Which mods are needed on a "base level" to get me started adding outfits and bodypresets to my game.

How do i go about it? Is it as simple as downloading them from nexusmods and then checkign them within a games menu?

Do i just search for a certain item (as example i added a armour that looks like a bikini) equip it and then thats it or does it need to be compatible with the current body i selected?

What would help me is something like this :

You need these mods to start adding body/character presets and armours into the game.

Mod A

Mod B

Mod C

Mod D

After youve done that you go ingame write "xxx" into the console etc or run this or that program to preconfigure skyrim.

Basicly a explenation for dummies.

*space for additonal things that dont come to mind right now*

I just want to understand the basics and i appreciate everyone that is willing to help me out.

3 minutes ago, Wrappa said:

I have no previous modding experience and am a complete noob when it comes to modding.

All i want is my character and/or my follower to look a certain way (I prefer downloading body presets and armor/lingerie)

I just dont know where to start? I tried reading a bunch of confusing guides that were written as if you knew what all these things mean (UNHPP.SKSE,CBBE and what not)

SkyUI_5_2_SE

AdditemMenuLE_32_SKSE173

I understood the following :

SKYUI makes the UI within skyrim easier to navigate through.

Bodyslide helps you add body types. Still dont understand how you add them or how to " Make a character or follower look different"

Additem is simply used to get you items out of the mods you downloaded.

Racemenu is basicly a more advanced character changer that changes the way your character body looks (?)

Some outfits requiere certain body types.

Modding is freaking difficult and complex as a beginner.

Which mods are needed on a "base level" to get me started adding outfits and bodypresets to my game.

How do i go about it? Is it as simple as downloading them from nexusmods and then checkign them within a games menu?

Do i just search for a certain item (as example i added a armour that looks like a bikini) equip it and then thats it or does it need to be compatible with the current body i selected?

What would help me is something like this :

You need these mods to start adding body/character presets and armours into the game.

Mod A

Mod B

Mod C

Mod D

After youve done that you go ingame write "xxx" into the console etc or run this or that program to preconfigure skyrim.

Basicly a explenation for dummies.

*space for additonal things that dont come to mind right now*

I just want to understand the basics and i appreciate everyone that is willing to help me out.

29 minutes ago, Thelewdgooberkitty69 said:

I appreciate it but ive already looked into it and it doesnt really explain stuff.

This guide goes over stuff he installs and the way he/she writes it is really difficult to understand for someone who doesnt know anything about modding.

It doesnt cover how to add body presets or armour. It doesnt explain what all these shorts stand for (FNI,CBBE,SMP etc) So it already assumes that you know what he is talking about.

In no way im trying to downplay his post (I probably would appreciate it more if i understood it better) but at this time it doesnt do anything for me.

Bodyslide and Outfit Studio - This is for making outfits conform to a body type assuming whatever outfit/armor you install supports bodyslide

UNP Remastered BHUNP TBBP 3BBB Body LE-100306-2-31-1621153018 - From the LE in the name this sounds wrong as your other mods are for Skyrim special edition (SE) and not legendary edition

Usually the process is that you install a body texture (thats what UNP Remastered BHUNP TBBP 3BBB Body LE would be) then install some sort of outfit/armor that supports bodyslide and then you run the batch build in bodyslide to make that outfit/armor fit

1 hour ago, Wrappa said:

Ive downloaded Skyrim legendary edition and made a "clean save" in riverdale

Uhmm, you're in the SSE help section. And Riverdale doesn't exist. (or is that the german translation for Riverwood?)

1 hour ago, Wrappa said:

3BBB for LE on an SE game is prone to not working. And 3BBB is a tough choice, because it's very new. Too new for my taste at least, there hasn't been much converted yet. What's wrong with BHUNP?

1 hour ago, Wrappa said:

Bodyslide helps you add body types.

No. Bodyslide lets you fit armour resp. clothing that supports bodyslide, to fit the body you chose.

Yes, you also choose how your body looks in that program, but mostly you'll be using BS for what you're wearing.

1 hour ago, Wrappa said:

Racemenu is in the vanilla start right after you step from the cart to the chopping block. It is built in the game, the mod let's you call it anytime you want, and IIRC might add some more choices like tattoos that aren't vanilla. On top of that works bodyslide, though I'm unsure how those two interact.

1 hour ago, Wrappa said:

Base level is - install one, get that running. Do you have all requirements? Some mods need a plethora of other mods to run.

You download your shit, install it via Vortex or whatever mod manager you use.

If the mod comes with poses/idles you run FNIS. (otherwise you have the dreaded T-pose or a simple crash in vanilla start)

If the mod comes with armour that supports bodyslide, you run BS

You pick the outfit you want via AdditemMenu. If that clips, tweak in BS.

UNP and CBBE are different, but to my knowledge not incompatible. CBBE just looks weird. ?

HTH,

Joe

40 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

Bodyslide and Outfit Studio - This is for making outfits conform to a body type assuming whatever outfit/armor you install supports bodyslide

UNP Remastered BHUNP TBBP 3BBB Body LE-100306-2-31-1621153018 - From the LE in the name this sounds wrong as your other mods are for Skyrim special edition (SE) and not legendary edition

Usually the process is that you install a body texture (thats what UNP Remastered BHUNP TBBP 3BBB Body LE would be) then install some sort of outfit/armor that supports bodyslide and then you run the batch build in bodyslide to make that outfit/armor fit

So basicly i need a body and a armor thats compatible. Then "build" it so that when i equip the armor the body preset gets used, right?

Also i got a problem with additemmenu. Whenever i press the cube it says cant equip item need SKSE 1.7.3.

Current SE build 2.0.19 (runtime 1.5.97) Is what i downloaded and pulled it into  my common- Skyrim Special edition folder.

Could you help me out with this?

2 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Uhmm, you're in the SSE help section. And Riverdale doesn't exist. (or is that the german translation for Riverwood?)

3BBB for LE on an SE game is prone to not working. And 3BBB is a tough choice, because it's very new. Too new for my taste at least, there hasn't been much converted yet. What's wrong with BHUNP?

No. Bodyslide lets you fit armour resp. clothing that supports bodyslide, to fit the body you chose.

Yes, you also choose how your body looks in that program, but mostly you'll be using BS for what you're wearing.

Racemenu is in the vanilla start right after you step from the cart to the chopping block. It is built in the game, the mod let's you call it anytime you want, and IIRC might add some more choices like tattoos that aren't vanilla. On top of that works bodyslide, though I'm unsure how those two interact.

Base level is - install one, get that running. Do you have all requirements? Some mods need a plethora of other mods to run.

You download your shit, install it via Vortex or whatever mod manager you use.

If the mod comes with poses/idles you run FNIS. (otherwise you have the dreaded T-pose or a simple crash in vanilla start)

If the mod comes with armour that supports bodyslide, you run BS

You pick the outfit you want via AdditemMenu. If that clips, tweak in BS.

UNP and CBBE are different, but to my knowledge not incompatible. CBBE just looks weird. ?

HTH,

Joe

Yes you are correct its the german translation.. :)

Okay so 3BBB UNP and BS are the same? Different mods that fit armor onto the body you chose? Please elaborate.

I got a problem with additemmenu right now could you help me? I downloaded

Current SE build 2.0.19 (runtime 1.5.97) and extract it into my common- skyrim special edition folder. I still get the error message " Cant equip item, need SKSE 1.7.3"

How do i fix this? Sorry for all these questions.. I definetly understood some bits of what youve said so thats great!

3 minutes ago, Wrappa said:

So basicly i need a body and a armor thats compatible. Then "build" it so that when i equip the armor the body preset gets used, right?

Also i got a problem with additemmenu. Whenever i press the cube it says cant equip item need SKSE 1.7.3.

Current SE build 2.0.19 (runtime 1.5.97) Is what i downloaded and pulled it into  my common- Skyrim Special edition folder.

Could you help me out with this?

Yes, i dont use UNP myself but when you install CBBE it offers a selection of body types (slim, curvey etc) and then when you run bodyslide you select that type of body

image.png.f0f8f26d3a4337861fa258fbb5c98ef1.png

And click batch build with build morphs ticked it makes those outfits fit that body type, otherwise when naked your character might have DD breasts but then in armor has A's which looks odd

SKSE 1.7.3 is the LE version of it so it sounds like you have additemmenu for the LE version rather than the SE version

Try - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17563

Which is the SE version and requires

image.png.a5c4e0f4dcb0ae178ead856c72afbced.png

15 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

Yes, i dont use UNP myself but when you install CBBE it offers a selection of body types (slim, curvey etc) and then when you run bodyslide you select that type of body

image.png.f0f8f26d3a4337861fa258fbb5c98ef1.png

And click batch build with build morphs ticked it makes those outfits fit that body type, otherwise when naked your character might have DD breasts but then in armor has A's which looks odd

SKSE 1.7.3 is the LE version of it so it sounds like you have additemmenu for the LE version rather than the SE version

Try - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17563

Which is the SE version and requires

image.png.a5c4e0f4dcb0ae178ead856c72afbced.png

Yes you are correct it was the wrong SKSE version.. i feel dumb now.

I appreciate the help so far! It definetly got me further than last time where i tried myself.

1 hour ago, Wrappa said:

Okay so 3BBB UNP and BS are the same? Different mods that fit armor onto the body you chose? Please elaborate.

Current SE build 2.0.19 (runtime 1.5.97) and extract it into my common- skyrim special edition folder. I still get the error message " Cant equip item, need SKSE 1.7.3"

How do i fix this? Sorry for all these questions.. I definetly understood some bits of what youve said so thats great!

Na denn - ich hatte in Oblivion eine gemischtsprachige Installation, das hat so genervt, daß mein Skyrim jetzt auf englisch bleibt!

3BBB is a CBBE body type - I mixed that up with something else, sorry. Bloody abbreviatons!

BS is short for BodySlide.

As @pinky6225 already said, you need to take care to get the mods for the right version of the game. I'm on LE, so I cannot help you here.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:54 AM, Wrappa said:

SkyUI_5_2_SE

AdditemMenuLE_32_SKSE173

First and foremost your issue is you need to realize what "Edition" is which. 

Skyrim Legendary Edition (normally called LE or OldRim) is the original Skyrim 32 bit coded game. ONLY LE MODS WORK WITH THIS. 

Skyrim Special Edition (normally called SSE) is the REWORKED Skyrim in 64 bit coded game based proof of concept for the Fallout 4 engine, to get the funding / OKAY to produce Fallout 4 . ONLY SSE MODS WORK WITH THIS. 

THAT is the FIRST MAIN issue, your completely using the WRONG Skyrim edition. Now that you DID buy the LE edition, that used to (but don't know if still does) allow you to download the NEWER SSE edition.

WHY?  Because the original SKYRIM was just SKYRIM, no DLCs. So you had to wait till they made Dawngaurd DLC , HearthFires DLC, then finally Dragonborn DLC. So you can see that is alot more money to spend. After they 'abandoned' Skyrim, they remarketted it for more 'sales' by bundling all the DLCs with Skyrim, and calling it the Skyrim LE edition, which of course was quite expensive compared to the core game, but enough of a savings over buying Core+3 DLC packs. 

Then came along the news about Fallout4 being produced, and at the end of the event, to 'sell it' more, they then surprised everyone with the NEW Skyrim Special Edition trailer. Showing it too was being released (no one knew they were working on it at all) and would be available at F4's launch date as well. Needless to say while this made BIGGG news, they got slammed by all the recent LE buyers whom were like "I just spent all this money on LE and you go and release a whole redone game?? And expect me to pay all over again?!?!" 

So yeah they gave all LE buyers the new SSE for FREE. 

**IMPORTANT**  TLDR - Why the fuck do you care? 

SSE is 64bit coding, which means it manages the code alot better and with our 64Bit based machines, plays nicer when 'modding' the code (that is what modding actually is). 

LE is old code, crashed right Out Of the Box (OOB) and is so tempermental (Because it addresses the much smaller 32Bit limited memory mapping) it fails VERY easily when modding (hence the MANY MANY Skyrim crashes WHY threads for decades). 

There is NUMEROUS Skyrim Modding for Noobs Youtube videos that walk through all this. The Skyrim community, while helpful, is VERY OLD, so your 'post' is like "Been there done that 10 years ago read all the fucking threads since then!!! Don't be LAZY!" etc.    

Recently there has been a wonderful tool to make it easier, Wabbajack. It links to the mods and downloads them in order based on a Modlist.  If your looking for just a "pretty up" and "SCREEN ARCHERY" (not playing the game just taking photos) "there is a Modlist for that" called Living Skyrim, based on SSE . 

BE AWARE DUE TO THE CODING EVEN IN SSE (if you can get it) YOU STILL NEED A GAMING SYSTEM. You can NOT play with mods and expect HIGH FPS in Skyrim, especially if your doing this on your 'work' or 'school' laptop.  You want pretty - it will cost you real money to make it happen. 

Edited by NeroNightfire
On 8/5/2021 at 1:55 PM, Wrappa said:

Clarification here : There is a couple of different communities, a HUGE Japanese based SSE modding community, then the American community, then everyone else in the world. 

Short history

Skyrim had a 'base' and wore textures over it, that was it. 

ModCommunity be like : WAIT make clothing to wear OVER the body like real life! 

ModCommunity: Uhmmm that means scripting... Lets make a scripting engine, and it shall be called SKSE! Ah ha! 

JapModders : We made UNP as a model and build clothes / armours for it

Caliente on Nexus: PFFT! We made CBBE as a model, and make Bodyslides for easy clothing / armour making and modding

AmericanModders on Nexus : Remake all the clothing, armours!

JapModders : LOL we make all new pretty Anime / Manga / Hentai / etc. clothing, armors, etc. only for UUNP! 

Caliente on Nexus : PFFT! Make Bodyslides work with UUNP! DONE! 

AmericnaModders : Port Port Port Port ... all the JapModders work. 

Players : Where the BEEF? Where is the DICKs? NO DICKS!??? 

Players :  BUT NOTHING JIGGLESSS!!! No Bouncing butts? Breast be like concrete!!!

VectorPlexus : And behold on the 7th day I bring you SCHLONG! 

ModCommunity : HERE is Better Body Physics (BBP)! Now Bouncy Boobies! Bouncy Butts! 

Bethesda : With Fallout4 we now release Skyrim Special Edition - NOW NONE OF YOUR MODS WILL WORK! 

VectorPlexus : FUCK THIS I AM OUT! And does his own thing on his own website. 

ModCommunity : WE WILL REBUILD IT! WE WILL MAKE IT BETTER! WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY! 

(((very very long wait ensues)) 

ModCommunity : WE REMADE SKSE (the scripting tool to make scripted things work) 

Players : YEAH!! 

b3lisario : I bring you the Word of VectorPlexus and Smurf, and the word is SCHLONG for SSE! And it is good! AH HAAA! Amen!!

ModCommunity : NOW we make PHYSICS GREAT AGAIN! 

JapCommunity : YES we made SMP! ALL BOUNCE BOUNCE! 

Caliente on Nexus : Okay let me remake Bodyslides and CBBE

Players: But but I want HIGH HEELS! I want other things to bounce! 

JapCommunity: Okay here is HDT also.. Now hair bounces! Clothes Bounce! You can walk on High Heels! 

AmericanCommunity : PFFT! Fuck that, we made CBP!  ALL BOUNCE BOUNCE in CBP! 

Jap/AmericanCommunity: MAKE UUNP Great again! Now make it as BHUNP! All pretty dresses!! 

ModCommunity at Jap/AmericanCommunities : STOP! Here.... one physics to rule them all  '3BBB' (short for the three breast bones) 

LoversLabCommunity: BUT pussies?!?!?!? Why they no move? Why don't cocks bounce? 

LoversLabCommunity : Here be CLAMS to make the clam (pussy) move, gape stretch! 

ModCommunity : Okay... scratch 3BBB, make it 3BA (now include CLAM and make it an Advanced 3B body). 

VectorPlexus :  PFFT me and my buddies on my website be like HIGH POLY HEADS! Fuck you all and your low poly heads. 

Players & ModCommunity : DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD High poly head

And finally the very very small amount of MALE PLAYING PLAYERS : buttttt what about us??? We don't Female-Dragonborn!!

AmericanCommunity : Okay... here... is.. HIMBO! And it uses Bodyslides.. and works with High Poly heads too.. 

WabberjacK : Easy modlist downloading tool... GO! 

AmericanCommunity on Nexus: DON'T TOUCH MY MOD! 

Wabberjack:  Just a MODLIST, not a Modpack

Nexus: Ohh I see opportunity here.. Okay no one can delete shit after X date... 

ModCommunity : FUCK THIS I DELETE EVERYTHING - We done with modding... 

So be warned you sort of came in the worst time to try 'modding' ...