Is Buffout safe ?

10 hours ago, dukx said:

Its just that users on nexus have often referred to Buffout as the sole reason for their latest crash since it seems incompatible with many mods. I keep adding new mods to my list so not sure if buffout won't cause any issues. Also, how about Baka ScrapHeap - Script Memory Limit Expander ? seems many users got their game running like butter with this. 

I just learned about Baka ScrapHeap last night. I decided to download it to give it a whirl. I do notice a performance improvement. It's not huge, but it is there. I also have Buffout installed with it. I had to go into Buffouts config, and set 5 of the OS allocators to false. So Buffout would handoff the heap to Baka. I'm still in testing mode. So I really do not know if this is gonna work out, or not.

23 hours ago, HentaiGnome said:

But as of this writing it's got like 36 reported bugs so YMMV

Well, I got no problems using Buffout... so yes, it safe (like the chance you got fault condom when you buy one)... If you mess up the game by installing every mod you can find, no memory management will help you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 10:39 AM, blastikor said:

I had to go into Buffouts config, and set 5 of the OS allocators to false.

That for me didn't work out good with Baka

I had crashes while trying to have AI and AAF

My problems disappears when i uninstalled Baka and only have Buffout

Now i play and no more crashes

2 hours ago, tuxagent7 said:

That for me didn't work out good with Baka

I had crashes while trying to have AI and AAF

My problems disappears when i uninstalled Baka and only have Buffout

Now i play and no more crashes

I ended up removing it as well. At first it seemed to work fine, but after a while not so much. I didn't have any crashes. I had weird things like not being able to open the map, inventory, ect. None of my keys seemed to work.