Skyrim In 3D!

So I stumbled onto a nifty little thing the other day. I happen to have an Nvidia 660Ti graphics card and noticed that the display can be set up for stereoscopic 3D. Now I know that most people already know that Nvidia has many ways of approaching the 3D element in computer gaming but most of them are pretty darn expensive. However, there is a rather cheap way to still get a 3D effect in most of your computer gaming. The 3D Discoverer glasses from Nvidia are crazy cheap. I bought 10 for $10 and no shipping cost. They are the old-school paper glasses with the flimsy plastic lenses but hey you get 10 for a buck each. If you take care of them they will last. They aren't the greatest form of achieving 3D but they are certainly the most ECONOMICAL. Just started playing Skyrim in 3D and once your eyes adjust it is pretty damn fantastic! So I thought I would pass this little nugget of information along to the fine community here. YOUR WELCOME!

Yeah it's actually quite amazing what you can find to make your game look 3D, like for me I was goofing around with my daughter with my sunglasses & I took off one lens, well I turn & looked at my PC screen & my Character was in a standing idle where the screen was rotating around my character & I was looking at it in 3D I was blown away, I played like that for hour till my eyes were crossed...LOL

ATI also has a path through a 3rd party vendor to get 3d stereoscopic vision to work on Skyrim.  You will need supported video card and 3d display, which seems to be a fairly wide list.  I've been playing around with the free version (14 day demo) and while it's very interesting to look at, playing makes my eyes hurt.  The aiming reticle and the 'world' being at different depths makes my eyes want to refocus constantly, which is probably good for them in short exercises(there is actually an eye exercise plan you can get that teaches you to focus at different depths for different times) but after a couple times playing, I'm not sure it's something I will do on a regular basis.  

One bonus though, it has predefined 3D profiles for lots of other games.  Half life 2 was also quite fun to play with for a little while.

Here's the link:

http://www.tridef.com/

Sex Addicts mod in 3D.  :huh:

HELL YEAH!

... The aiming reticle and the 'world' being at different depths makes my eyes want to refocus constantly...

I don't know how it works with ATI but with Nvidia the 3D system comes with the ability to generate a 3D laser sight. I use that and turn off the sight in the game itself. Otherwise your right, most games, with the exception of the ones that come 3D ready, don't have aiming reticles that show up properly. 

I always believed that 3d* is for casual users, I mean I play a lot and if I did play in 3d possibly I would had constant headache.

*This generation 3d

Ahh yes, this is quite true. The red/blue glasses were never good for wearing over long periods of time. Obviously they are the easiest way to achieve the 3D effect but you have the tradeoff of having a headache after 20 minutes. That's probably why the $200 pair of Nvidia 3D glasses is better. It is also probably why they are so ridiculously expensive.

Archived