oh hey, back here again (hooray, more mod troubles)

anyways, here's the pastbin go look at it i guess. i was diligent enough to crawl through it myself and got rid of mods that are dependent on other mods when i didn't have or need. at the moment i've got a few problems:

• 1st) game CTDs after 30-40 seconds of loading after start up
  • the second one) when it does load up and create a character my sail ends up only restarting the conversation instead of advancing it (a small fix i found was to exit the session then open the character again, but who cares. apparently i do as i want that problem dealt with in some way)
  • C) the game does not load up a planet and either leaves me drifting in space or is stuck in a loop of looking for a planet to start on

well, those are the problems i've experienced.

oh yeah, and the glitch janitor at the start of the game doesn't talk, that's a thing too i guess

thank you in advance to anyone who helps me with this ?‍♂️

Zero idea honestly but maybe is relared to "No such key 'kitsune' in pathApply("/items/kitsune/0/1/0/primary", any kitsune mod that is missing?

Also for contents.pak are your mods from any server in particular?

and the line that killed it seems to be "[Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (MapException) Key 'populated' not found in Map::get()"

Edited by Algene

don't think the race is required as i recall it only calls for MkioTNT workshop

also i play single player only

also for some weird reason installing the Kitsune race got my game to not crash. which neither the FFS addon or the clothing mod needed before

Just now, koldkanadian said:

don't think the race is required as i recall it only calls for MkioTNT workshop

also i play single player only

also for some weird reason installing the Kitsune race got my game to not crash. which neither the FFS addon or the clothing mod needed before

then again, i closed the game then ran it again only to CTD again. perplexing

9 hours ago, koldkanadian said:

anyways, here's the pastbin go look at it i guess. i was diligent enough to crawl through it myself and got rid of mods that are dependent on other mods when i didn't have or need. at the moment i've got a few problems:

• 1st) game CTDs after 30-40 seconds of loading after start up
  • the second one) when it does load up and create a character my sail ends up only restarting the conversation instead of advancing it (a small fix i found was to exit the session then open the character again, but who cares. apparently i do as i want that problem dealt with in some way)
  • C) the game does not load up a planet and either leaves me drifting in space or is stuck in a loop of looking for a planet to start on

well, those are the problems i've experienced.

oh yeah, and the glitch janitor at the start of the game doesn't talk, that's a thing too i guess

thank you in advance to anyone who helps me with this ?‍♂️

Well... That's uh... :cold_sweat: 447 mods...

Yeah that's bound to cause some issues and it's not even a pun. From what i can tell from what you describe, the planets are fucked. Not necessarily all of them, but most. What does that mean?

1. Game crashes to desktop on load because the game can't find a valid planet for the main menu background (Yes, that's a possibility)
  2. Game fails to land you on a valid starting planet. In this case you'll see it as the Sail refusing to load, the background never stops moving, you never land somewhere.

These odds make me believe you have a lot of planet mods, biome mods or etc, that are either outdated or overlap and conflict with each other. Your modpack is a bit too big to pick apart slowly, when i can't even know which of all the mods has planets or biomes.

ok, so going off of what you said i got my mod list down to 340, excluding any found in the mod folder of the game and somehow got it to work again. thing is, i don't know what was the last mod i unsubscribed from, anyways thank you for your help. even if it wasn't a whole lot ?‍♂️thank you ?‍♂️ thank you?‍♂️

10 minutes ago, koldkanadian said:

ok, so going off of what you said i got my mod list down to 340, excluding any found in the mod folder of the game and somehow got it to work again. thing is, i don't know what was the last mod i unsubscribed from, anyways thank you for your help. even if it wasn't a whole lot ?‍♂️thank you ?‍♂️ thank you?‍♂️

you're probably thinking that i don't understand how i did it. and you're right. again thank you very much for helping me in the most vaguest sens ?‍♂️thank you ?‍♂️ thank you

1 hour ago, koldkanadian said:

you're probably thinking that i don't understand how i did it. and you're right. again thank you very much for helping me in the most vaguest sens ?‍♂️thank you ?‍♂️ thank you

Should probably have written some more honestly, but thankfully you have been able to return your game to a playable state. And don't mind the chaos, getting the game to work with success is worth it regardless of whether you comprehend how you got there.