body physics not working when naked

1 hour ago, bundesengel said:

Hi. I use 3BBB amazing body. After laptop crash and new install, the body physics works only if i putt clothes /bra on. As soon i naked, all physics gone. Same with the NPC characters. Can someone explain whats the reason for that ?

Clothing/Armour Slot 32 will contain a reference body, if the armour has physics then the body will too. I suspect the "bra" you're referring too also contains a reference body and the reference body with your armour is working fine.

Why your naked bodies are not working correctly I couldn't say but that is why there is a difference between the physics working on your clothed and unclothed body.

Build your naked body in Bodyslide using an appropriate physics model (body/outfit) (CBBE-CBBE-3BBB, BHUNP, UUNP SMP, etc) and a model-specific preset

presets need to comply with the body model they're working on. A CBBE preset won't work for a BHUNP body, and visa versa. A CBBE preset will work *partially* with a aCBBE-3BBB body but won't properly address the extra "bits". That is, you can still choose them, but their output won't be correct.

CBBE-3BBB body model (ie, the amazing body)? Use a CBBE-3BBB compliant preset to set its specifics.

Failing that, I'd recommend that you reinstall the body model and try again, of course, making sure that all prerequisite mods (dependencies) have been installed first

Edited by anjenthedog
  • 3 weeks later...

I found the mistake. After installing a Mod COTR that overrides my body. 

But by the  end, i did  restore a backup from my system and didnt realised that the elektric was cut of. so my lap crashed by restoring an my SSD was history. Need to make all new.

But thx for your answer.

Have a nice day and stay healty

On 7/18/2021 at 5:39 PM, anjenthedog said:

A CBBE preset will work *partially* with a aCBBE-3BBB body but won't properly address the extra "bits". That is, you can still choose them, but their output won't be correct.

What exactly are the missing bits, i.e. what to look for that is probably not working? I've got some CBBE-3BBE gear, and it seems to work ok.

This is quite puzzling to me - naming bodies like "FusionGirl" clearly indicate that it's not compatible with CBBE gear, but with CBBE-3BBE or CBBE-3BA I don't understand how much usable it is even if there's no dedicated "CBBE only" option.

On 8/6/2021 at 3:39 PM, bundesengel said:

I found the mistake. After installing a Mod COTR that overrides my body. 

I had the same problem and got the solution here - you have to manually copy Body, Hands and probably Feet: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/173477-how-to-use-cotr-with-cbbe-and-bodyslide/?tab=comments#comment-3465958

Edited by BillyG
1 hour ago, BillyG said:

What exactly are the missing bits, i.e. what to look for that is probably not working? I've got some CBBE-3BBE gear, and it seems to work ok.

This is quite puzzling to me - naming bodies like "FusionGirl" clearly indicate that it's not compatible with CBBE gear, but with CBBE-3BBE or CBBE-3BA I don't understand how much usable it is even if there's no dedicated "CBBE only" option.

tbh I'm not sure what the actual cause is. And the symptoms can be different too. Breasts not bouncing, vaginas suddenly missing their texture (or becoming static entities in the case of wearing CBBE when CBBE-3BBB sometimes), bodies that shrink inside of or enlarge beyond the boundaries of the armor in which they reside, the classic "nipples are placed wrong and there are stripes on the hips" issue, etc.

And yes, some outfits made for one type work just fine with another (at least within the same basic body family Ex: some CBBE working with CBBE-3BBB). All I know is that in my experience, it's best practice to stick with using the same body model for clothing armor AND for slider presets to which they'll be fitted in general 

And yes... even after all this, I freely admit that I use SunJeong's CBBE outfits (a couple of pieces anyway), and afaik one piece from another CBBE gear mod, but in general, I stick with CBBE-3BBB qualified armor/clothing for my player (and CBBE-3BBB followers), and BHUNP outfits for my BHUNP followers. Because they work better, with fewer instances of clipping, and fewer or no instances of body physics NOT working, or working in bizarre ways. 

But whatever. you do as you see fit (sincerely, not snidely). I'm not savvy enough on the innards to fix the things I run intothat are broken, so I take short cuts. One is sticking with a model (or in my case two models) for the vast majority of my clothing and armor, and always using bodyslide presets I know with certainty are made to MATCH the body model(s) I use. ... Often times, issues with armors and bodies are because a person has chosen a "wrong" preset that isn't suitable for their body model or the clothing armor model they've chosen to install (or, rarely,  the mod author didn't do such a good job with their ref body..,. another issue I see from time to time)

best of luck and hope you resolve your issues. 

PS> tbh, not sure what happens if you're CBBE and wear a CBBE-3BBB outfit... the reverse situation isn't one I've had any opportunity to encounter, or one that I'm likely to encounter as a casual "gamer".

OH. PPS> have one idea to share on the presets front. To avoid that, make sure to create a nude and one or two clothed variant presets by selecting whatever stock preset for your body model and adjusting sliders to your liking, then saving them as new presets in Bodyslide, naming them so you can always refer to them and if desired, so you know what type they're associated with (CBBE, CBBE-3BB, etc). That way you never get confused by the reams of presets that end up in Bodyslide from installations, many of which have no correlated model identifier in their names, (yes, they'll say what they're supposed to *look like* (Pretty girl, Mage, Natural, Alunder BSP, ABS Cortana, Athletic Body, etc, etc), but not the body model they're compatible with)

Edited by anjenthedog
cuz uh stuffz (added content) And punctuation and spelling
  • 1 year later...
On 8/11/2021 at 3:28 PM, anjenthedog said:

tbh I'm not sure what the actual cause is. And the symptoms can be different too. Breasts not bouncing, vaginas suddenly missing their texture (or becoming static entities in the case of wearing CBBE when CBBE-3BBB sometimes), bodies that shrink inside of or enlarge beyond the boundaries of the armor in which they reside, the classic "nipples are placed wrong and there are stripes on the hips" issue, etc.

And yes, some outfits made for one type work just fine with another (at least within the same basic body family Ex: some CBBE working with CBBE-3BBB). All I know is that in my experience, it's best practice to stick with using the same body model for clothing armor AND for slider presets to which they'll be fitted in general 

And yes... even after all this, I freely admit that I use SunJeong's CBBE outfits (a couple of pieces anyway), and afaik one piece from another CBBE gear mod, but in general, I stick with CBBE-3BBB qualified armor/clothing for my player (and CBBE-3BBB followers), and BHUNP outfits for my BHUNP followers. Because they work better, with fewer instances of clipping, and fewer or no instances of body physics NOT working, or working in bizarre ways. 

But whatever. you do as you see fit (sincerely, not snidely). I'm not savvy enough on the innards to fix the things I run intothat are broken, so I take short cuts. One is sticking with a model (or in my case two models) for the vast majority of my clothing and armor, and always using bodyslide presets I know with certainty are made to MATCH the body model(s) I use. ... Often times, issues with armors and bodies are because a person has chosen a "wrong" preset that isn't suitable for their body model or the clothing armor model they've chosen to install (or, rarely,  the mod author didn't do such a good job with their ref body..,. another issue I see from time to time)

best of luck and hope you resolve your issues. 

PS> tbh, not sure what happens if you're CBBE and wear a CBBE-3BBB outfit... the reverse situation isn't one I've had any opportunity to encounter, or one that I'm likely to encounter as a casual "gamer".

OH. PPS> have one idea to share on the presets front. To avoid that, make sure to create a nude and one or two clothed variant presets by selecting whatever stock preset for your body model and adjusting sliders to your liking, then saving them as new presets in Bodyslide, naming them so you can always refer to them and if desired, so you know what type they're associated with (CBBE, CBBE-3BB, etc). That way you never get confused by the reams of presets that end up in Bodyslide from installations, many of which have no correlated model identifier in their names, (yes, they'll say what they're supposed to *look like* (Pretty girl, Mage, Natural, Alunder BSP, ABS Cortana, Athletic Body, etc, etc), but not the body model they're compatible with)

So you're just not helpful at all