Modding question - On_Actions Problems

I have been trying to create an event and several on_actions associated with this event. I'm hoping someone can help me understand :

First off, I can't combine the "on_16th_birthday" and a custom on_action "on_betrothal". I'm guessing this is normal, but can someone confirm?

Second, I cannot get my activity on_action working whatsoever. Here is the on_action in common/on_actions/activities (I changed some of the names to make it easier to read) :

# On-action Last Minute Planning
activity_tier_1 = {
	events = {
		ic_activity.1000 
	}
	fallback = activity_tier_2
}

# On-Action - Guest Interactions
activity_tier_2 = {
	random_events = {
		100 = activity.2000 
		100 = activity.2001
	}
	fallback = activity_tier_3_start
}

# Fallback - Start
activity_tier_3_start = {
	events = {
		activity.3000
	}
}

But the error log reads :

[22:08:14][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:229]: Error: "Unexpected token: =, near line: 3
" in file: "common/on_action/activities/ic_on_actions.txt" near line: 8
[22:08:14][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:229]: Error: "Unexpected token: activity_tier_2, near line: 11
" in file: "common/on_action/activities/ic_on_actions.txt" near line: 17
[22:08:14][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:229]: Error: "Unexpected token: activity_tier_3_start, near line: 20
" in file: "common/on_action/activities/ic_on_actions.txt" near line: 24

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by lefselille999

I can't exactly say for sure what was wrong, but I fixed it. The file type was right, (plain text, UTF-8 BOM, CRLF) it was in the right folder path, and I changed the file name several times and nothing seemed to make it better. I copied in another on_action file in the same folder, and it seemed to read correctly, but when replacing the contents of my own on_action with the contents of the file that does work into my on_action file, suddenly the contents are unreadable. To fix it, I used the copied over on_action file, replaced it's contents with my own, and renamed the file, and no more errors. No idea why this was, but if anyone else has a problem similar to this, I hope this helps you.

Edited by lefselille999
On 7/9/2021 at 1:17 AM, lefselille999 said:

I have been trying to create an event and several on_actions associated with this event. I'm hoping someone can help me understand :

First off, I can't combine the "on_16th_birthday" and a custom on_action "on_betrothal". I'm guessing this is normal, but can someone confirm?

Second, I cannot get my activity on_action working whatsoever. Here is the on_action in common/on_actions/activities (I changed some of the names to make it easier to read) :

# On-action Last Minute Planning
activity_tier_1 = {
	events = {
		ic_activity.1000 
	}
	fallback = activity_tier_2
}

# On-Action - Guest Interactions
activity_tier_2 = {
	random_events = {
		100 = activity.2000 
		100 = activity.2001
	}
	fallback = activity_tier_3_start
}

# Fallback - Start
activity_tier_3_start = {
	events = {
		activity.3000
	}
}

But the error log reads :

[22:08:14][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:229]: Error: "Unexpected token: =, near line: 3
" in file: "common/on_action/activities/ic_on_actions.txt" near line: 8
[22:08:14][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:229]: Error: "Unexpected token: activity_tier_2, near line: 11
" in file: "common/on_action/activities/ic_on_actions.txt" near line: 17
[22:08:14][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:229]: Error: "Unexpected token: activity_tier_3_start, near line: 20
" in file: "common/on_action/activities/ic_on_actions.txt" near line: 24

What am I doing wrong?

I've noticed sometimes the game can be weird with comments as well. 

But what do mean by "combining" on_actions?