How do you stop periods in kinky world from coming completely?

30 minutes ago, BrianLyons315 said:

I want to make my famale sims have sex but I don't want them to get pregnant at all.

Instead of posting a new question each week, you may want to click on a sim, and begin exploring the many options inside of both the KW settings and KW debug menus. What you seek is in settings, grasshopper.

• 2 years later...

KW pregnancy setting is what was being referenced but I use NRaas Story Progression to turn ALL pregnancy off by changing the 'can be pregnant' to off as well as any other settings which add a sim actor to the pregnant 'caste'. This will grey out any of the Sim menu wheel options which would result in pregnancy like Risky Woohoo or Try for Baby.

While KW indeed loads last in an effort to override anything else, NRaas Story Progression still has the final say on deeper internal mechanics.

One of the main reasons I turned off pregnancy is I have aging turned off and I had towns with households full of babies which would never grow/age and just added more 'weight' to the game processes being run. The game makes special choices in regards to babies and toddlers for care and safety and I don't need the game running those processes either.

Edited by landess
  • 3 weeks later...

I am not in the game to see the settings, but I thought there was an option in KW to disable pregnancies, or something similar. It was not in the section on periods and fertility. I know it caused me problems when I wanted to stop all the randos around town constantly getting pregnant, but still wanted my sims to be able to intentionally have offspring. With the KW setting, townies were no longer getting pregnant, but I’d get my sim pregnant, and a few hours later, the pregnancy would just cease to be, like nothing had ever happened.

At any rate, what I did in KW to prevent pregnancy from KW stuff was to go to the pregnancy settings and set the sperm lifetime to 0. That does not block periods, but it does make it so that the sperm never lives long enough to impregnate anyone. I have never had any unexpected pregnancies anywhere in town after I started setting that.

Then, you can still have pregnancy from Story Progression or from normal EA “Try for Baby”, if you want, or just only use KW for woohoo, and never get pregnant.

Edit: I wish we could gives thumbs down on posts like ones from users with no posting history that jump in and make rude comments to decent questions. Yes, you can figure a lot out from playing the game, but frankly there are a ton of obscure settings that have zero documentation. Sometimes you either need to spend a lot of time experimenting, or you could ask a simple question and hope someone else has already figured it out and is kind enough to help.

Edited by FreakyRufus