Anyone have any idea what may cause this sort of "double ear" effect?

I'm using the High Poly Head with symmetrical compatibility for Fair Skin Complexion. Disabling Fair Skin Complexion, and reverting to basic CBBE textures fixes it, but with poor low resolution textures.

ScreenShot11.png.df5097789167f645bfb11fd9de722266.png

Actually...

Is it supposed to look like this!?

I just googled ears...

ear-wax.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I thought most ears looked more like this...

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I just realized two things:

A - In all my life I can't have paid much attention to ears...

B - I might be a mutant!

Edited by binarylover
Update
9 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

Hmm... what "double ear effect" are you talking about? Your example image shows what appears to me to be a perfectly normal ear, albeit, not an elf (pointy) ear

ear_image.jpg.3d45ea6e2351f319108ae9e735b70677.jpg

Yeah, I was just in the process of updating my post.

Everything I thought I understood about the human body has just been turned upside down! ?

hehe, just for the record, when I said "normal", I sure wasn't talking about my own (IRL). From the front I look like an elf, but from the side my ears are pretty damned buttugly and messy, and not at all "normal". Bad enough I wore long hair for years to hide them before I got too old to care, and I'm not a particularly vane person. 

Some people have almost no droop on the lower lobe, some people have massive ones. Some people have literal pointiness to the top (albeit not as poiinty as fantasy "elves"), some are perfectly round, some like me look  like they have cauliflower ear  (medical condition usually caused by cartilage damage, often from fighting) ... I  don't but they look a bit that way And some have "dumbo" ears where they face forward and stick out a lot (Which are often surgically pinned back due to self-consciousness of folks who have them... knew a kid in elementary who had them - big, round and really prominent - and he eventually had them "fixed" ... although I wonder how it changed his hearing, since ear shape and direction and so forth play a part in how we hear... I wonder if he had any associated reduction in his positional hearing, but I digress)

An "elf ear" in Skyrim means (afaik by definition) it has a pointy top

Edited by anjenthedog
punctuation
10 minutes ago, binarylover said:

I just can't believe in all my years I haven't noticed the variety.

I must not be an "ear person" ?

Mind you, now I can't stop looking... *prepares for incoming ear obsession*

Every time a new fetish is born an angel get his wings.. ?

BTW, regardless of your race, you can apply different ear features in racemenu, fwiw. For instance, my female player is a nord, but I gave her just a bit of elven look, as if she has a grandparent who's elven. Not sure how far you can take that, but if you're particular about their features, give it a look, it might help you attain some or all of what you desire.

2 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

BTW, regardless of your race, you can apply different ear features in racemenu, fwiw. For instance, my female player is a nord, but I gave her just a bit of elven look, as if she has a grandparent who's elven. Not sure how far you can take that, but if you're particular about their features, give it a look, it might help you attain some or all of what you desire.

You mean the slider where you can give your pc some characteristics of other Races yes?
If so,be sure not to abuse it too much, some hairstyles don't like it ;/ at least not the ones for males.. Gave an old nord character of mine more smaller elven like features with that before i got highpolyhead. Looked not too bad, but too villainous for this play through

22 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

You mean the slider where you can give your pc some characteristics of other Races yes?
If so,be sure not to abuse it too much, some hairstyles don't like it ;/ at least not the ones for males.. Gave an old nord character of mine more smaller elven like features with that before i got highpolyhead. Looked not too bad, but too villainous for this play through

no, I'm referring to either the racemenu "head" or "face" sliders...one of those, can't recall off-hand, not the one where you add literal elf or redguard or orc or whatever). The only "problems" I encounter is when wearing some of the more odd earrings from some jewelry mods I have installed, which are apparently designed for strictly human ears.

Edited by anjenthedog
spelling...
5 hours ago, Gukahn said:

... Hate to break it to you but.. not all ears look alike?  There is no "Most ears" tbh.. I even know a girl whos ears are almost round.. And a guy who could double for a mouse..

Yeah, I remember reading once that ears are as unique as fingerprints.

So... some sort of coverings would be wise if you ever intend to commit any "ear crime"! ?