faction issues

i was going to go check out the powder ganger content from sexout, but they all wanted to kill me on sight, so i adjusted my rep with them to idolized, waited a few days, but they still wanted my head, so naturally i figured i screwed up something in that save game and started a new game, made my character and walked out doc Mitchell's house straight to ncrcf, and they still go after me, so it has to be a mod somewhere. my question is where do i start looking, as far as i can tell only new vegas esm is altering the powder gangers faction in any way, what section in nvedit determines them trying to gun me down on sight, and how can i go about finding/fixing it?

Faction reputation gets set by script, so you most likely won't have much lock with FNVEdit. Check for overhaul mods and mods that alter starting quests and goodsprings content. 

For testing purposes you can always spawn Obsidian's "Testacles the Debug Centurion" to alter your reputation.

player.placeatme 00139b8b

Just remember to disable and markfordelete him, if you don't need him anymore.

If you alter rep manually, remember to set both positive and negative rep. 

i was going to go check out the powder ganger content from sexout, but they all wanted to kill me on sight, so i adjusted my rep with them to idolized, waited a few days, but they still wanted my head, so naturally i figured i screwed up something in that save game and started a new game, made my character and walked out doc Mitchell's house straight to ncrcf, and they still go after me, so it has to be a mod somewhere. my question is where do i start looking, as far as i can tell only new vegas esm is altering the powder gangers faction in any way, what section in nvedit determines them trying to gun me down on sight, and how can i go about finding/fixing it?

I think from memory you have to talk to the gang leader nicely near a house just off the road leaving goodsprings

I think from memory you have to talk to the gang leader nicely near a house just off the road leaving goodsprings

thank you, i played new vegas for hundreds of hours on console, so i was down to a routine for the first 5 or so hours of the game to get myself set up, and just went about the starting missions as fast as possible, never crossed my mind to actally talk to em, so yea you have to actually talk to joe cobb and once he puts the map marker on your map for ncrcf, they go neutral, if you don't walk up to him and talk to him on your own before ghost town gunfight the powder gangers are perma hostile, no fixes, even if you set yourself to idolized.

might be something to note in the plethera of tryout powder ganger content, as i would have never considered that to be the issue.

thank you, i played new vegas for hundreds of hours on console, so i was down to a routine for the first 5 or so hours of the game to get myself set up, and just went about the starting missions as fast as possible, never crossed my mind to actally talk to em, so yea you have to actually talk to joe cobb and once he puts the map marker on your map for ncrcf, they go neutral, if you don't walk up to him and talk to him on your own before ghost town gunfight the powder gangers are perma hostile, no fixes, even if you set yourself to idolized.

might be something to note in the plethera of tryout powder ganger content, as i would have never considered that to be the issue.

Yeah I never even knew there was a friendly option for Powder Gangers till I found that out, I assumed the whole game just involved killing them on sight :)

i knew they could be friendly, i just didn't care, because in vanilla game allying with them involved wiping out a perfectly good town to resupply/heal, only to side with a faction that gets wiped off the map after 3 quests for them. so since i never cared about them i never made the connection that being able to be allies with them is solely dependent on talking to joe cobb before he dies, even though he doesn't actually have anything useful to say if your not helping him.

I think you can also try skipping Ghost Town Gunfight entirely and go directly to NCRCF. Dawes (the door guard) will never shoot you on sight unless you have a negative reputation with the Powder Gangers. Just make sure to avoid going near Jean's Sky Diving and Ringo's Pillaged Caravan because there's always Powder Gangers there that will shoot you.

Also you might want to try setting the Powder Ganger tryout approach chance to 0% if you haven't talked to Dawes yet, because roaming Powder Gangers might unintentionally walk to your position, making them shoot you.

not sure about dawes, but the guards in the watchtowers on the way in will gun you down if you haven't talked to cobb, so whether dawes does or not is irrelevant in my book since you cant survive long enough to talk to em anyway.

Strange, the guards on the towers never shot me on the way to NCRCF. Tbh, there never seem to be guards posted on the towers positioned on the gate side of the prison. The only "resistance" I encountered on the way there were some unnecessarily-placed Powder charges.

Archived