Is there any reason this workflow isn't functional for @kziitd's equipment-based facial?

1. Create single piece of equipment with all the facial cum splatters.
2. Add a separate morph slider for each different splatter. Maybe slide them into the center of the head when not in use, I dunno.
3. Create a morphsetdata xml file with ID entries for each splatter ("Pattern1", "Pattern2", etc).
4. Register for an OnStop call from any relevant AAF animation.
5. During OnStop event, equip the piece of equipment we made onto actor 0.
6. Still during OnStop event, apply one or more of our custom morph sets via AAF API script [AAF_API.ApplyMorphSet(PlayerRef, "yourMorphSetID")].

Yes/no?

I started putting together a proof-of-concept using the workflow above, and realized I had dramatically overcomplicated the process.  Instead of morph sliders and custom XML files, the headparts are now included in a magic effect script.  Each headpart is conditioned on a separate global variable, and the magic effects are combined into a single spell that we can apply.  See attached POC version of the facials demo for testing/demonstration.  There's an MCM where you can select either or both facial headparts to be applied.  Then click the Apply Facials option.

I also added condition checks to the armor script itself if you prefer to use that method.  It uses the same MCM settings.

Either way, in implementation, you could register for AAF's OnStop event, set values for the global variables, and then apply the facial spell (or armor). 

facial demo POC.zip

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 9:20 AM, spicydoritos said:

I started putting together a proof-of-concept using the workflow above, and realized I had dramatically overcomplicated the process.  Instead of morph sliders and custom XML files, the headparts are now included in a magic effect script.  Each headpart is conditioned on a separate global variable, and the magic effects are combined into a single spell that we can apply.  See attached POC version of the facials demo for testing/demonstration.  There's an MCM where you can select either or both facial headparts to be applied.  Then click the Apply Facials option.

I also added condition checks to the armor script itself if you prefer to use that method.  It uses the same MCM settings.

Either way, in implementation, you could register for AAF's OnStop event, set values for the global variables, and then apply the facial spell (or armor). 

facial demo POC.zip 21.58 MB · 25 downloads

So this works after the appropriate AAF animation?

7 hours ago, LostDremoraDream said:

So this works after the appropriate AAF animation?

No, right now it's just a technical/modder's demonstration.  The POC shows the sort of scripting calls that could be used after an AAF event to apply the facials.

If we had a handful of kziitd's facial meshes, turned into a handful of head parts, someone (me or whoever) could write a unified script function to apply them when called.  Then that script function could be put behind an event listener like the one in Cum Overlays.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/22/2021 at 7:46 AM, spicydoritos said:

No, right now it's just a technical/modder's demonstration.  The POC shows the sort of scripting calls that could be used after an AAF event to apply the facials.

If we had a handful of kziitd's facial meshes, turned into a handful of head parts, someone (me or whoever) could write a unified script function to apply them when called.  Then that script function could be put behind an event listener like the one in Cum Overlays.

THere's no way this can be done via textures, is there?

like some blank mesh that resembles the head and applies a cum texture to it?

Similar to like...blank body meshes that have textures and render the rest as transparent? The body tattoo from CoA Fanatics does this...

14 minutes ago, LostDremoraDream said:

THere's no way this can be done via textures, is there?

like some blank mesh that resembles the head and applies a cum texture to it?

Similar to like...blank body meshes that have textures and render the rest as transparent? The body tattoo from CoA Fanatics does this...

You can manually apply facial textures, and in fact there is a set floating around LL somewhere.  The reason no one has incorporated them into a mod like Cum Overlays is that Looksmenu lacks an API for applying facial textures in a scripted fashion.

Take heart, though; more work is being done on these 3D versions behind the scenes.  No timeline currently.

1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

You can manually apply facial textures, and in fact there is a set floating around LL somewhere.  The reason no one has incorporated them into a mod like Cum Overlays is that Looksmenu lacks an API for applying facial textures in a scripted fashion.

Take heart, though; more work is being done on these 3D versions behind the scenes.  No timeline currently.

I'm excited about where this is going. This looks awesome! I'll be keeping an eye out over here.

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2022 at 3:11 PM, spicydoritos said:

THere's a mesh thing planned? no more janky textures? I wonder how that would work...

On 4/3/2022 at 8:29 PM, LostDremoraDream said:

THere's a mesh thing planned? no more janky textures? I wonder how that would work...

The "mesh thing" is what we've been talking about since about midway down page 1.  ?

As to how it would work, the answer based on my alpha testing is "pretty damn good if I do say so myself".

5 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

The "mesh thing" is what we've been talking about since about midway down page 1.  ?

As to how it would work, the answer based on my alpha testing is "pretty damn good if I do say so myself".

Sorry, I meant like specifically for the body.

The way I see this kind of turning out is textures for the body, meshes for the face. Which sounds pretty cool, but I would assume that eventually the body gets meshes instead of textures too.

I can see how that would be a problem though, since you have to factor in clothing mods, body mods, etc.... so to have Textures = Body and Meshes = Face for cum applications seems odd to me, since textures made the most sense for such a long while.

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

A little while back, kziitd made a whole new set of preliminary facial meshes.  The preview is posted in a different thread somewhere on LL.  But he got wrapped up in another major project and hasn't had time to finish them, as far as I know.

where is this thread can I find?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...