I've never heard of anything like what you ask if I take it literally.

Ambitions EP introduced the sculpting skill/profession. At level 6 one can start making ice sculptures of Sims and after creating 25, new ones made won't melt.

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/ambitions/sculpting/

Supernatural EP introduced the Philosopher's Stone which has a chance to 'backfire', turning the sim into a gold statue.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Philosopher's_stone

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Perhaps you are talking about making decorative object meshes and covering them with some kind of texture? That's beyond my skill level, but I'd recommend doing a search for how to make custom content as much of it requires the same programs/tools.

Edited by landess
On 6/9/2021 at 4:36 AM, TR4SH1 said:

statues for The Sims 3

I'm assuming you want to create decor? Never had much luck doing it, but you need Blender to make the object mesh, Gimp to make the texture and TSRW to package it. @Nonsequiturhas made statues.

A statue...

Basically anything - even Sims, garments, and puddles.  It's just a static mesh of any kind - from the smallest ornament to the Eiffel Tower.

Usually the only interaction available is "View".  

As LadySmoks stated - You need a 3d editor like Milkshape or Blender.

A Graphics editor like GIMP

TSRW to assemble the package.

If it can go into TSRW - It can be a Statue.

An example - Take a full Sim Garment. It has the Sim and clothing... it will not have the head and feet. To include them you will also need to clone them and merge with the body mesh.   This is just a simple overview of the process

Open TSRW and select the Park Statue as the object to clone. This is a Base Game Statue. It is a 2-group mesh so your replacement mesh needs 2 groups.

In the MESH tab - Import any 2-group mesh - that's your new statue.

You need to be able to put patterns and textures on it so you need to copy the Graphic images from your replacement mesh (overlay, color mask, multiplier, specular, and perhaps the Normal) and replace the Park Statue Images with the new one's. Or you need to make a UV Map and use your graphics editor to make new images based on that UV Map. 

If interested in a walk-through - PM me.

Pick something you want to make into a statue...

This all depends of your level of experience so start simple to get an understanding. 

Any Mesh is just a frame that has surfaces on it you assign color and textures. 

Whither an animated object like a Sim or a static object like the Park Statue  -it is the same. Depends if armatures are included for animation (striped out if used as a Statue),  for other actions it may  have been scripted.  A Statue is static with no other interactions except for the Sim to view the object. 

If your Replacement Mesh is very different and doesn't have Images already made for it - you will need to get a basic understanding of making a UV Map and the images you need based on that UV Map.