Sexout: adding new animations with .esp file - is it even possible?

Guest Shadd Ashborn

Guest Shadd Ashborn

So, I decided to try again thing that I already tried long time ago but failed, smh.

I would like to add few new sexout animations with external .esp mod that would work with random picker and in general work like they are in esm file. I tried to add new function, edit AddInternalAnims main script, tried to make things like in that old skeleton esp that provided in old guide. Nothing works, I always get this:

ACDSeeQVUltimate14_gEsXbZOdKn.png.e4c10200679aae9a9baf99d59346af1e.png

Which makes me think that newer Sexout builds are simply ignore anything that doesn't present in Sexout.esm.

So, question is it even possible and I just don't know something (considering there's zero info about thet)? I do not want to inject new anims to main mod (which I know how to do and capable to) as they are kinda specific and most of players will not need them at all.

Edited by Shadd Ashborn

looking at the code, i think that you need to use

call fnSexoutAddAnimToMod "somename", animDef

alternative

call fnSexoutAddAnimToMod "somename.esp", animDef

instead of

call fnSexoutAddAnim animDef

because this is how sexout setting animations for amra, zaz, pregnancy. Everything else is the same

and make sure that you have set all animations in your separate plugin, so sexout can actually find it

Edited by Neutron_rus
Guest Shadd Ashborn

I tried it and it still fails to properly call animation by number.

Sexout do find animations and add them to registry:

ACDSeeQVUltimate14_trKhgDdpEG.png.c085468a1c1b6d20c7124495a2c00576.png

But fails to use them.

Edited by Shadd Ashborn
Guest Shadd Ashborn

No because it is against goal of making mod a new esp. It has to work with vanilla sexout calls and random picker otherwise noone will even use it now.

i don't really sure if it's possible to do so w/o adding a plugin name or modifying the main file. And i think that you can use random picker with added plugin name still, just it'll be stricted to this exact addon

Checked code a little more, randomize act code have function to see plugins too, so if you name mod correctly in the add animation code, it should technically be able to use it for random picker w/o any problems

I'm curious, why don't you want to add it directly to Sexout? You could try what Amra did a while ago when he had his own esp file that ran alongside Sexout, before Sexout incorporated his anims. There should be versions of his esp/esm lying around the forum somewhere.

Edited by ChancellorKremlin
Guest Shadd Ashborn
1 hour ago, Neutron_rus said:

i don't really sure if it's possible to do so w/o adding a plugin name or modifying the main file. And i think that you can use random picker with added plugin name still, just it'll be stricted to this exact addon

Checked code a little more, randomize act code have function to see plugins too, so if you name mod correctly in the add animation code, it should technically be able to use it for random picker w/o any problems

Yeah, after extencive testing it seems that my animations are really properly added to random picker. Though it seems that adding code that uses certain number will need that "plugin" addition. Well, anyway if someone want to use that certain animation it wouldnt matter if they need to add plugin name to a code or not.

Now I need to test if proper gender restrictions for animations will work.