Going Medieval

Hello All,

I'm just posting to raise awareness of Going Medieval, which has just gone into Early Access on Steam. Most reviews are comparing it am more visually pleasing Rimworld and the developers seem open to the idea of making it easily modable, talking of possible Steam Workshop compatibility for it in the future!

Even now it's worth a look, and I am sure the LL modding community will put their own spin on the game in the future ?

Live long and Prosper, all

Kes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

you know it would be fun to try and make some low poly nude models but im not sure how i would go about replacing the bodies that are in there. maybe even be able to add in some good animations and even more. but at the same time i feel like updates would break alot of mods..?

going to see if i can put my own models in. found out they are infact making it easy to mod this one. the game so far is really good. ive gotten through the first year so far. and its great. could use a bit more randomness to encounters maybe even a better map set up. but the rest of the game is great. adding your own scripts seems to not be hard either. the devs left a small update with how to go about adding your own stuff to it as well. so they will infact have great mod support.

image.png.67cef2518cfc6234a890a1f4369cf646.png

On 6/7/2022 at 5:46 PM, Hexz said:

im still needing help on how to replace things i have found a few files that seem like they would work but they don't seem to refrence the models?

That's actually really cool seeing that pic. I heard they were going to be very generous on the modding support. Glad to hear it wasn't a lie. Hopefully it gets a bigger following then Rimworld in terms of modders though. IT can have all the support in the world but without modders, no mods .3.

Personally I want to see fantasy races make it into the game. Doesn't look like the models have to be too complex.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Я думаю , создать "Брачное ложе" с соответствующей анимацией не составит особого труда ;) . Однако гораздо интереснее было бы создать тему "Супружеской измены" :) !!! Представьте : Идет бой ! Все ранены . И вдруг у одной из лучниц срабатывает триггер "РЕВНОСТЬ" и она всаживает стрелу в "Любовницу мужа" !!!:)  После чего начинается ХАОС !!!:) Все стреляют во всех :);):)!!!!!!!! 

А тема "Отравить мужа" или "Убить жену" !!! МММ!!!:) А потом " СУД Присяжных " , постройка здания Суда , профессия "Дознавателя" или "Следователя" ... Постройка "Средневековой" комнаты следствия - "ПЫТОЧНОЙ КОМНАТЫ" !!!;):);)!!!

2 hours ago, Grifel_77 said:

ХМ ... Что-то фантазия раз игралась не шуточно ... Аж самому стало страшно ...;) !!!

Most of the things you mentioned are harder to pull than just a small anim, unless you were joking of course.

6 hours ago, Screws said:

Mind translating? lol

Dude wants a full on relationship system with emphasis on NTR, now that I think about it he may be talking about a text mod, in which case I can see how it would be easier, still I don't know much about modding this game in particular so I'm just talking in general, mind you, Rus is my 4rd language so sometimes can't understand things very well.

53 minutes ago, Algene said:

Dude wants a full on relationship system with emphasis on NTR, now that I think about it he may be talking about a text mod, in which case I can see how it would be easier, still I don't know much about modding this game in particular so I'm just talking in general, mind you, Rus is my 4rd language so sometimes can't understand things very well.

4th*

Sorry, couldn't help myself on that one >.<

Honestly, that could prolly work, but first need to get the base lewd in first I'd think.

13 hours ago, Screws said:

4th*

Nah, no problem, was gonna write 3rd, then I considered "oh yeah, that's English", lately I seem to use English more than my native language.

Main problem is that I don't see too many modders interested in the game, not even SFW modders, so I sincerely don't think there will be lewd mods for this game, still hope I'm proven wrong.

8 hours ago, Algene said:

Nah, no problem, was gonna write 3rd, then I considered "oh yeah, that's English", lately I seem to use English more than my native language.

Main problem is that I don't see too many modders interested in the game, not even SFW modders, so I sincerely don't think there will be lewd mods for this game, still hope I'm proven wrong.

It's really hard to find modders for most games unless they themselves are motivated personally for it. 

Hell I was looking for Dungeons 3 mods the other day and saw nothing really, but some dude on Steam proved it was fairly easy to make mods for it, just lack of interest.

Or like I am part of Risk of Rain 2 sex mod server, but since no one knows how to code, there is no mod really lol. Tons of artists and animators, just no coders.

Edited by Screws
  • 4 weeks later...

I do agree that Going Medieval would be pretty perfect platform for some brothel running mod. One guy acts as the master, then you build a structure you like, next recruit girls only for prostitutes (or guys too if that scratches your itch) and then just some events where customers appear on the map. Another quite perfect game for this would be Crossroads Inn, but sadly I haven't seen anybody to take interest to mod it.