Assorted Mods by Invictusblade

10 hours ago, Potato_Skill said:

@Invictusblade Hi I'm trying to apply your mod to fix the invisible dead bodies with BodyGen. Still, I don't know how to add the clothings to the level list as stated in the guide. Is that something I can do with FO4Edit? I've copied and renamed the base Female and MaleBody_dead files.  Any help is appreciated.

so long story short, someone stole this mod and posted it on Nexus (personally I was fine with this but he added a bad backstory that pissed me off)

so I have remade this fix to use Random Overlay Framework (I will be making changes to it and posting it to Nexus sooner or later)

Random Overlay Framework

turns out that dead bodies are extremely difficult to code for (simply doesn't work)

1 hour ago, Invictusblade said:

so long story short, someone stole this mod and posted it on Nexus (personally I was fine with this but he added a bad backstory that pissed me off)

so I have remade this fix to use Random Overlay Framework (I will be making changes to it and posting it to Nexus sooner or later)

Random Overlay Framework

turns out that dead bodies are extremely difficult to code for (simply doesn't work)

Ahh I understand. I'll install ROF then. I have a question, do I need to activate the .esp(s) of the overlay mods or do I just need the texture files?

1 hour ago, Potato_Skill said:

Ahh I understand. I'll install ROF then. I have a question, do I need to activate the .esp(s) of the overlay mods or do I just need the texture files?

so I recommend that you add the tattoo/body hair mods and then overwrite their ESP's with my ESP replacer (because I changed them to be ESL(reduce mod load))

I might be adding a new option in the future which will add empty ESL's to replace the existing ESP's

*the actual mods are actually useless in regards to overlays because it uses F4SE

**The above is a mess but it does kinda make sense (to me at least)

• 2 weeks later...

Can I use Random Overlay Framework *only* to use the Dead Body Fix? Do I need to download or do anything else besides ROF and check the Dead Body Fix option in the FOMOD? Is there something in the MCM settings that needs to be configured ensure the dead body fix is being applied?

The invisible corpse-body is driving me nuts. :)

On 8/26/2022 at 7:12 PM, Invictusblade said:

???

they should be in the file above from 14 hours ago

they were called Loot_bahbah_Male

or what do you mean?

I think they mean that if you have a compiled list of corpse Base IDs, if you could share that, we could try adding it to our morphs.ini file for BodyGen.

6 hours ago, jayblah said:

Can I use Random Overlay Framework *only* to use the Dead Body Fix? Do I need to download or do anything else besides ROF and check the Dead Body Fix option in the FOMOD? Is there something in the MCM settings that needs to be configured ensure the dead body fix is being applied?

The invisible corpse-body is driving me nuts. :)

6 hours ago, jayblah said:

I think they mean that if you have a compiled list of corpse Base IDs, if you could share that, we could try adding it to our morphs.ini file for BodyGen.

I will be working on a new version of the Dead body fix (it should be use Robco Patcher assuming the author does my request)

so that should be a total fix for this issue

regardless here is the Fix for ROF (you need ROF as a master)

DeadInvisibleBodiesFix_ROF.esp

7 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

I will be working on a new version of the Dead body fix (it should be use Robco Patcher assuming the author does my request)

so that should be a total fix for this issue

regardless here is the Fix for ROF (you need ROF as a master)

DeadInvisibleBodiesFix_ROF.esp 130.64 kB · 0 downloads

I'm using the new version you just provided. I guess my question remains: In Random Overlay Framework, if the ONLY thing I care about is the Dead Body Fix, what settings should I make sure are enabled or disabled for that? 

Here are some examples of the MCM config I'm using to try to make sure that the Dead Body Fix is being applied: https://imgur.com/a/rHPuSCG

Do those settings look right to you? I don't have any pubic hair or tattoo overlays installed. I only have Random Overlay Framework and Dead Body Fix installed.

Edited by jayblah
10 hours ago, jayblah said:

I'm using the new version you just provided. I guess my question remains: In Random Overlay Framework, if the ONLY thing I care about is the Dead Body Fix, what settings should I make sure are enabled or disabled for that? 

Here are some examples of the MCM config I'm using to try to make sure that the Dead Body Fix is being applied: https://imgur.com/a/rHPuSCG

Do those settings look right to you? I don't have any pubic hair or tattoo overlays installed. I only have Random Overlay Framework and Dead Body Fix installed.

that should be fine enough, There is Death overlays already included in the package

(I was looking into invisible options for an upcoming version) *such as a pixel in an unused area of the texture

Edited by Invictusblade
30 minutes ago, Invictusblade said:

that should be fine enough, There is Death overlays already included in the package

(I was looking into invisible options for an upcoming version) *such as a pixel in an unused area of the texture

Unfortunately, even with Random Overlay Framework + DeadBodyFix esp and my settings, I still see invisible bodies.

so there is a known bug that if you save and reload near a dead body then it will return to its invisible state.

4 hours ago, jayblah said:

Unfortunately, even with Random Overlay Framework + DeadBodyFix esp and my settings, I still see invisible bodies.

which bodies? (what is the location) *because modded dead NPC's will still be invisible.

1 hour ago, Potato_Skill said:

Do they re-appear when you save and reload that save? Anyway, I think you should just wait for the upcoming new version.

actually that is a bad idea because like I have been saying 'Dead NPC's are a real pain to script for"

here is a screenshot of the known bug

20220820161700_1.thumb.jpg.0e9cd4be570fb75cfbd708913c9d542f.jpg

10 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

which bodies? (what is the location) *because modded dead NPC's will still be invisible.

The corpses in the bottom of Hardware Town, for example (usually the place I go to to test the Dead Body Fix). They're unmodded corpses. Note that I run Fusion Girl for women, and Body Talk for men.

12 hours ago, Potato_Skill said:

Do they re-appear when you save and reload that save? Anyway, I think you should just wait for the upcoming new version.

Nope.

So far the only thing I've found (thanks to a user named vaultbait) that actually semi-consistently works is editing morphs.ini and templates.ini in ...\Fallout 4\mods\ZeX In-Game BodySlide\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\BodyGen\ZeX-BodyGen.esp\

Unfortunately, the drawback to that is you need to have all the dead corpse Base IDs in the morphs.ini file beforehand. I don't have a complete list. Because once a dead body is rendered with the invisible body, it's really hard to reset it to not be bugged.

Here's an example of what I mean by making changes in morphs.ini:

Fallout4.esm|3183a=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|668d5=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|83ad2=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|97335=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|d39e9=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|d39ea=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|d39eb=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|d39ec=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|184ab1=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|ad3a2=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|1d323=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|a0e30=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|a0e31=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|a0e3a=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|a0e3b=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|a0e32=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|a0e33=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|1079af=CorpseFix
raider children.esp|c6ec=CorpseFix
raider children.esp|c6f3=CorpseFix

And here's what CorpseFix looks like in templates.ini:

CorpseFix=Nonexistent@0.0

Basically, BodyGen will ignore any Base ID set to "CorpseFix". This solution does seem to work, but I need a comprehensive list of Base IDs for corpses.

Invictusblade, do you have a comprehensive list? Could you share it?

Edited by jayblah