[REQ] Just some basic outfits, please.

After browsing through everything done for CK3 so far, both her and other places, right now I am seeing only three things:

1) Naked body stuff mods.

2) Flavor text based mods.

3) Desperate hope for a all-in-one sex animation mod.

Which surprises me considering that doing clothing has always been one of the easier things for modders to do, historically speaking.  Yet I have yet to see even one mod for CK3 that introduces just some plain old fashioned slooty outfits, which is particularly weird for a game where the vanilla "nightgown" is basically a burlap bag.

What happened to the great modding sloot-lords (and ladies) old who cranked fifty types of FO4 revealing vault suits within the first fifteen minutes of the game's release?  What ever happened to the endless buffet of entire websites devoted to just slooty outfits from the days when the Sims was the pinnacle of "3D games with sex mods?"   Yet here we are, seven months in on CK3 and I can't even find a single garter belt, thigh-high stocking or frilly bra to put on my harem girls.  Not one velvet or leather choker, not one bondage outfit, not one babydoll, chemise, or even low-cut ball gown has hit any of the modding showcases that I'm aware of.  Not here, not Workshop, nor the Nexus.  Nothing.  Zip.  Zilch.

I know it sounds like I'm just complaining but I'm actually more amazed than anything.  Like I said, sexy/slooty clothing has, historically, always been the second thing that gets crammed out in massive numbers right after the obligatory opening day-one nude mods.  It's tradition and it's been this way for everything for as long as I can remember.  CK3 seems to be the first and biggest exception to this rule and I'm honestly confused as to why or even how this has come to pass.  It's just... unnatural.  Strange.  Confusing. 

I'm guessing there is something that I am missing.  Perhaps doing clothing mods in CK3 is actually a lot, lot harder than it is for other games?  Is it not Blender compatible?  Do you need a special proprietary image format that no one has access to yet?  Is there some weird oblique coding that defies attempts to create new outfits?  Or am I just an old fashioned, obsolete relic of a bygone era, a dinosaur that hasn't figured out that mere slooty clothes is no longer of any interest to a community that now reaches straight for beastiality flavored incest orgies and finds anything less not worth their valuable time?  There has to be a logical explanation that I'm just not seeing, right?

At any rate, just saying it would be cool if someone out there was working on some good old fashioned skimpy outfits for CK3.  And no, you don't have to make them part of your grand epic Cult of the Moose-Cock Incest Orgy mod.  Really, it's OK.  I can honestly live without that.  What I can't live without, however, is a girl wearing an outfit made of nothing but gold bangles, dammit.

I know it sounds like I'm just complaining but I'm actually more amazed than anything.  Like I said, sexy/slooty clothing has, historically, always been the second thing that gets crammed out in massive numbers right after the obligatory opening day-one nude mods.  It's tradition and it's been this way for everything for as long as I can remember.  CK3 seems to be the first and biggest exception to this rule and I'm honestly confused as to why or even how this has come to pass.  It's just... unnatural.  Strange.  Confusing. 

Let me play devil's advocate for a bit:

1. The games you'd look at for clothing mods are games that have featured full body display for quite some time, e.g. The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Sims. Crusader Kings only recently got an installment with "full" 3D models. Unsurprisingly, no one from the two previous titles will have much experience from modding clothing in the new CK system. If someone does have experience, it will most likely be coincidental, i.e. there is little carry-over from previous titles. You can also take this as an explanation as for why there are mostly event mods etc. at the moment, since those are mod types that you can find plenty of in CK2.

2. If you look at the mods already existant for CK3, one that stands out in number of total downloads is the Community Flavour Pack, which adds clothing (non-skimpy). And there aren't many more (as you'd expect when taking into account what was stated in 1.). This can give you an idea of how many people actually are both willing and able to mod clothing. Of all people playing a game, a substantial number will start using mods after a certain time, but only a fraction will, then, start modding themselves, and they usually start with comparatively simple things. The first Skyrim armour mods on the Nexus, for instance, are mostly just recolours. It is not until quite some time after realease that we see new armour models or reworked old ones to appear. But, the TES modding community is waaaaaay larger than the CK modding community if I take number of Upvotes and Downloads as an indicator. Given what I just stated about only a fraction of the player base getting into modding in general, and adding to that the smaller traditional modding base and lower player numbers of CK in comparison to e.g. Skyrim, you can probably imagine how few people we are talking about in CK3 clothing modding. More importantly, of the people modding, again, only a fraction will go for lewd mods. So the small group of clothing modders is further broken down until we have next to no one left. Furthermore, a lot of modding comes through being a user/consumer first and a creator after. Since there is not a lot to go off in CK, a lot of the people who will eventually pick up clothing modding in CK aren't "there" yet, i.e. there are few clothing modders out there at the moment and even fewer lewd ones and the growth rate is as a result low.

3. On release some of the more veteran CK players commented about CK3 feeling barebones (either on the forums or via stream/YouTube). 9 or 10 years of CK2 development and modding still provide(d) more total depth than the 2 or 3 non-modding years that CK3 had at release (not very surprising one might say). Thus, at least a few people with Paradox game experience and new players influenced by them will have put CK3 on hold until the first gameplay focused DLC/expansion has been released (or even the first few). This will be Royal Court some time later this year. So, there will be quite some players lurking and waiting for a more complete CK experience and this will most likely also include a few modders or potential future modders. Also, you may expect official same-sex marriage and concubinage support to heighten interest in adult modding for CK, both of which are scheduled for the next patch (and maybe the one after depending on how you read the wording in the DDs). In general, looking back at other games as well as CK2, the modding scene only really came into full roughly 2 to 2 1/2 years after release. Up until that much time has passed, I'd recommend lowering expectations. Sometimes it is a single mod, a single source of inspiration to cause a whole flood.

14 hours ago, The Lord said:

devil's advocate playing

I wish I could like your post one more time, I doubt I could put these 3 points in better words, the point 3 is the biggest problem right now, the game is boring compared to ck2, I say that with +2000 hours, and that's considered low in the community;

The music, in my opinion, is impossibly lacklustre, the only good point is the performance and maybe the new 3d models, let's hope we can get better mods in a year or two, that aside, everyone is waiting for more content, Paradox hasn't done anything with CK3 in 3 months or more

Edited by Algene
On 5/22/2021 at 11:19 PM, Froggy said:

After browsing through everything done for CK3 so far, both her and other places, right now I am seeing only three things:

1) Naked body stuff mods.

2) Flavor text based mods.

3) Desperate hope for a all-in-one sex animation mod.

Which surprises me considering that doing clothing has always been one of the easier things for modders to do, historically speaking.  Yet I have yet to see even one mod for CK3 that introduces just some plain old fashioned slooty outfits, which is particularly weird for a game where the vanilla "nightgown" is basically a burlap bag.

What happened to the great modding sloot-lords (and ladies) old who cranked fifty types of FO4 revealing vault suits within the first fifteen minutes of the game's release?  What ever happened to the endless buffet of entire websites devoted to just slooty outfits from the days when the Sims was the pinnacle of "3D games with sex mods?"   Yet here we are, seven months in on CK3 and I can't even find a single garter belt, thigh-high stocking or frilly bra to put on my harem girls.  Not one velvet or leather choker, not one bondage outfit, not one babydoll, chemise, or even low-cut ball gown has hit any of the modding showcases that I'm aware of.  Not here, not Workshop, nor the Nexus.  Nothing.  Zip.  Zilch.

I'm guessing there is something that I am missing.  Perhaps doing clothing mods in CK3 is actually a lot, lot harder than it is for other games?  Is it not Blender compatible?  Do you need a special proprietary image format that no one has access to yet?  Is there some weird oblique coding that defies attempts to create new outfits?  Or am I just an old fashioned, obsolete relic of a bygone era, a dinosaur that hasn't figured out that mere slooty clothes is no longer of any interest to a community that now reaches straight for beastiality flavored incest orgies and finds anything less not worth their valuable time?  There has to be a logical explanation that I'm just not seeing, right?

At any rate, just saying it would be cool if someone out there was working on some good old fashioned skimpy outfits for CK3.  And no, you don't have to make them part of your grand epic Cult of the Moose-Cock Incest Orgy mod.  Really, it's OK.  I can honestly live without that.  What I can't live without, however, is a girl wearing an outfit made of nothing but gold bangles, dammit.

Yeah no one really has the modelling experience. I had no modelling experience but basically dove in to try to learn and created the sex animation mod to try to break down the barriers I was running into. As far as I can tell only waffleiron and myself have done any 3d modelling. Personally despite being able to teach myself 3d modeling, I've had no luck with textures/diffuses. Right now its kind of beyond what I can do. I've played around with simply creating more revealing versions of what the game already has, and that has been more successful, its just a matter of time.

Without being able to both use blender to create 3d models and knowing how to create new textures and diffuses and code them into the game using paradoxes coding style you aren't going to be able to make new clothing from scratch.

Is it really a surprise ? Ck3 has less than one years old and already has good sex mods (as carnalitas for instance...), I take this as a miracle.

Having a good and large modding scene will take years, like every other game.

On the other hand, good news are :

1. You've got experienced modders from ck2 scene.

2. CK3 sales are booming. Compare it to every other pdx title, ck3 did far better at launch. Which means you will get a way larger community than in ck2 (which had very good nsfw mods). Potential for the future is enormous for the modding scene.

3. Some modders we never heard of are modding right now and stuff they are making will be available in the future. Modders are getting more and more experience in understanding how game mechanics works which is a very good thing.

4. A good wine takes a lot of years to fully reveal its flavors and I think CK3 is one of them. Pdx will be making more and more content and hopefully with the feedback from the community they'll fix some gameplay issues (such has very low difficulty and the lack of challenge you get) as well as making the game more easy to mod

I remember that during the first years after sims 4 release everyone was saying that sims 3 mods were far better. Now sims 4 modding scene is far larger and better than sims 3 one, even in loverslab

So all we need is a bit of PATIENCE and to thank the modders for the awesome stuff they already made ;)

Don't ever forget that modders mostly are passionate people that are enjoying creating stuff and sharing it to the community. hopefully they will have fun making us some new content !

Edited by ashwolf