Sims 4 causing PC to reboot randomly

My modded Sims 4 is causing my whole PC to sudenly reboot at random times. Sometimes its quickly after loading my save, sometimes it takes hours and hours. I check temps, monitored power usaged, tried removing mods and only by removing ALL mods it seems to fixes it (as the problem is random, i cant be sure). I tried removing a lot of combinations of mods and had no luck. I can post a screenshot of the mods i am using for you to take a look and see if you know any conflicts or what could be causing that.

My pc is a I7-4770k (oc at 4.2ghz), 16gb ram, gtx 970, the game defaulted at max settings, i am using MCCC to have WAY longer life spans (like, close to 10x the default)

Try temporarily removing all Mods from the game. Then just start a random game with a Sim and see if that resolves the issue. If it does, you know it's a mod causing it. So, do the "50/50" method to find out which mod is causing it. Take half your mods and put those back. Play the game. If it causes a reboot, you know it's in that group. If it doesn't, take half the remaining mods and put those back. So then take half of the rest and try again until you narrow it down to the mod that's causing it. And so on. All that may be required is that you update the mod. But at least you'll know what is causing the rebooting.

Well, i just removed all the mods and i still got a random reboot. The sims is the only game that does that. Any ideas of what it can be doing it? I already re-installed the whole game (this time on my SSD)

1 hour ago, Vrork said:

Well, i just removed all the mods and i still got a random reboot. The sims is the only game that does that. Any ideas of what it can be doing it? I already re-installed the whole game (this time on my SSD)

I'd try running some stress test diagnostics on your PC.

Might be overheating or bad memory.

CMOS settings on motherboard might have temp monitoring set too tight.

PC will get hotter even when running Sims 4.

Even a bad graphics card or settings might cause it.

I don't think it's the game itself but rather a hardware/software problem with your PC.

If you can run other decent games OK then disregard.

Your game settings might need adjusting too, bout all I can think of ATM. 

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

I'd try running some stress test diagnostics on your PC.

Might be overheating or bad memory.

CMOS settings on motherboard might have temp monitoring set too tight.

PC will get hotter even when running Sims 4.

Even a bad graphics card or settings might cause it.

I don't think it's the game itself but rather a hardware/software problem with your PC.

If you can run other decent games OK then disregard.

Your game settings might need adjusting too, bout all I can think of ATM. 

I normally run it with msi afterburn monitoring and i dont see any heating up. It runs colder than Snowrunner and other heavier games. My graphic cards is OLD (gtx 970) soo maybe it could be it, but i doubt, since, other games that use it 99% have no problems.

I wonder if my antivirus can be causing that. (i have kaspersky).
I will see if a friend of mine can spare to me a psu (or his) so i can test if it is my psu becoming faulty, hopefully it isnt that.

I ran CHKDSK and Memtest and both accused no problems. 

Furmark has no problems too. 

The other stress testers i have, (the most extreme ones), when they crash, i get a blue screen and a error code, not a direct restart, and thats why i am finding this problem being weird.

Do you have any suggestion of other tools i can use to test?

58 minutes ago, Vrork said:

Do you have any suggestion of other tools i can use to test?

Nope sorry, It sounds like you did some pretty good testing already.

I know the game doesn't always detect hardware correctly tho.

Had trouble with a newer graphics card not being recognized.

Your card might even be on the EA approved list for Sims 4.

Make sure v-sync is off in both your graphics settings and your game settings. 

On 5/22/2021 at 10:09 PM, Scorpio said:

Nope sorry, It sounds like you did some pretty good testing already.

I know the game doesn't always detect hardware correctly tho.

Had trouble with a newer graphics card not being recognized.

Your card might even be on the EA approved list for Sims 4.

Make sure v-sync is off in both your graphics settings and your game settings. 

It seems that turning off vsync fixed it. Played yesterday and today, added more mods and had 0 crash. Yay, hopefully.

Edit: Spoke to soon, it did the same thing. It did give me a interesting info tough. The FPS went low, very low, and then reboot. I wonder if the game just dont like my graphic card or my graphic card is having problems