Modding SCR for longer message text display??

dinomagick

Some of the messages that pop up on the HUD (upper left corner) don't stay long enough.

I was wondering if there is a setting somewhere or where in the .esm, .esp... that can increase the display time of messages on the HUD?

I know about G.E.C.K. and nvse-loader... etc.. and how to do a few things in modding.. (I had to make changes to mods back in FO3 because some modders spelling and sentence structure drove me bat-shit-insane)..

Any idea where the 'time delay' setting is for messages to screen and where to change that?  I'd like to make it a little longer than 1 or 2 seconds.

Thank you...

If they are implemented with MessageEX, there is nothing you can do about the display time IIRC. If they are displayed with "ShowMessage yourmessage", there is a display time option in the yourmessage editor window.

The messages use MessageEx that was because I set them up with the names in the the middle of sentences etc, I think they could all be converted to ShowMessage pretty easily but just haven't had a call for it till now. Ideally I'd like someone else to make a whole sex pessaging plugin and I could remove mine from SCR as, I just haven't had the time to work one.

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/ShowMessage

There are also tons of examples in the vanilla quests as well.

Thanks a ton.. that's right where I was heading... Lot to digest.   but I'm 'free' this weekend.  

lets see how FUBAR i can make this... ;)

Actually just looked at it, isex messages may be a lot better checking animation numbers because the way I had set it up just checking for rape, and the sex of the 2 actors doesn't allow for detecting the difference between licking & strapon sex between 2 females. I wish I had the time & passion to rewrite it but I've got bigger fish to fry at the moment, by all means have ago at it and feel free to ask questions, the current system needs to at least be expanded to pick messages for Vaginal, Oral & Anal versions of

Normal Sex, Rapist & Rapee

PlayerMale / NPCFemale, PlayerFemale / NPCMale, PlayerMale / NPCMale, PlayerFemale / NPCFemale

NPCMale / PlayerFemale, NPCFemale / PlayerMale, NPCMale / PlayerMale, NPCFemale / PlayerFemale

NPCMale / NPCFemale, NPCFemale / NPCMale, NPCMale / NPCMale, NPCFemale / NPCFemale

So 12 x 3 x 3 == 108 messages then you could add a few random variations to some of them at the bottom level later if desired. I originally had messages for Sunny Cass, Veronica, but it got too huge, so I limited it to messages for the Player and NPC's So I could get tense right "you" vs "her"/"his"

The scripts you need to pull this off as a seperate plugin, you won't need a MCM toggle as people either install it or not, if you use FNVEdit you should copy the following scripts from SCR using copy as new record. Also when you copy change the Prefix from SexoutS to something like SexoutM so it doesn't conflict.

SexoutSCRS1MainFast and a Quest to suit (This is the important bit you need)

if ListGetFormIndex SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLV SexoutSSexCountFLV < 1
			ListAddForm SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLV SexoutSSexCountFLV
		endif
		if ListGetFormIndex SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLO SexoutSSexCountFLO < 1
			ListAddForm SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLO SexoutSSexCountFLO
		endif
		if ListGetFormIndex SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLA SexoutSSexCountFLA < 1
			ListAddForm SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLA SexoutSSexCountFLA
		endif
		if ListGetFormIndex SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndS SexoutSEFFSexEndVag < 1
			ListAddForm SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndS SexoutSEFFSexEndVag
		endif
		if ListGetFormIndex SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndS SexoutSEFFSexEndOral < 1
			ListAddForm SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndS SexoutSEFFSexEndOral
		endif
		if ListGetFormIndex SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndS SexoutSEFFSexEndAnal < 1
			ListAddForm SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndS SexoutSEFFSexEndAnal
		endif

You need the following BaseEffects:

SexoutSCRBASESexEndVaginal

SexoutSCRBASESexEndOral

SexoutSCRBASESexEndAnal

The following Effect Scripts:

SexoutSCRS20SexEndVaginal

SexoutSCRS20SexEndOral

SexoutSCRS20SexEndAnal

You can delete all the stuff not related to messages so they look like this:

Begin ScriptEffectStart

Set rZActor to GetSelf
	if SexoutSQVAR.iCumLifeDurationPercAdj || SexoutSQVAR.iCumVisualDurationPercAdj || SexoutSQVAR.iCumBuffDurationPercAdj
		Set iCumEffect to 1
	endif
	Set fProtection to 50

; *** Anal Sex
	Set iCnt to ListGetCount SexoutSSexCountFLA
	Label 3
	if iCnt > 0
		if SexoutSQVAR.iDebug
			DebugPrint "SCRS2SexEndAnal %n: StartOK" rZActor
		endif
		Set iCnt to iCnt - 1
		Set rZPartner to ListGetNthForm SexoutSSexCountFLA iCnt
		Set iSexWithHumanoid to 0
		Set iMsgNum to 0
		if rZActor == PlayerREF
			Set iMsgNum to 100
		endif
		Set iIsRapee to 0
		if rZActor.GetItemCount 00SexoutRapee
			Set iIsRapee to 1
		elseif rZActor.GetItemCount 00SexoutRaper
			Set iIsRapee to -1
		endif

; *** Sex Messages Anal
		if SexoutSQVAR.iSexMessages
;			Set iMsgNum to iMsgNum + GetRandomPercent / 10
			if iIsRapee == 1
				if iMsgNum == 0 ; *** NPC Female Starts recieving Sex in Ass
					MessageEx "%n shrieks in pain as %n rams his Large Cock deep into her Ass" rZActor rZPartner
				elseif iMsgNum == 100 ; *** Player Female Starts recieving Sex in Ass
					MessageEx "You shriek in pain as %n rams his Large Cock deep into your Ass" rZPartner
			endif
			elseif iIsRapee == -1
				if iMsgNum == 0 ; *** Female Starts giving sex in Ass
					MessageEx "%n shrieks in pain as %n jumps his rod Hard wih her Ass!" rZPartner rZActor
				elseif iMsgNum == 100 ; *** Player Female Starts giving sex in Ass
					MessageEx "%n shrieks in pain as you jump his rod hard with your Ass!" rZPartner
				endif
			else
				if iMsgNum == 0 ; *** NPC Female Starts sharing Sex in Ass
					MessageEx "%n moans in escasty as %n gently thrusts his Large Cock into her wanting Ass" rZActor rZPartner
				elseif iMsgNum == 100 ; *** Player Female Starts sharing Sex in Ass
					MessageEx "You moan in escasty as %n gently thrusts his Large Cock into your wanting Ass" rZPartner
				endif
			endif
		endif ; *** End Sex Messages
		goto 3
	endif ; *** End Anal Sex

; *** Clear out our lists
; This NVSE command does not seem to work
;  ListClear SexoutSSexCountFLA

Label 4
	Set iCnt to ListGetCount SexoutSSexCountFLA
	if iCnt > 0
		ListRemoveNthForm SexoutSSexCountFLA 0
		goto 4
	endif
;	DebugPrint "SCRS2SexEndAnal: FLA is %g after clear" iCnt

End

Begin ScriptEffectUpdate

Dispel SexoutSEFFSexEndAnal

End

Another thing if you change or duplicate all the "SexEnd" names & Formlists to "SexStart" you can have the messages show during sex rather than after it which probably makes more sense or have messages for both even.

Basically it's based on the SexoutNotify script, it adds your 3 formlists to SexoutNG's 3 Formlists and your 3 Effect Spells to SexoutNG's 3 Formlists for each variation of sex Vaginal, Oral & Anal to formlists in SCR, then whenever SexoutNG has a variation of sex it adds your effect to ActorA and adds the names of ActorA and ActorB (and even ActorC) to your Formlist.

So then your Spell effect on your Actor runs, it scans your Formlist for the names of the other Actors, checks for the Raper / Rapee tokens on the ActorA then sends the appropriate message, then clears your formlist and removes itself from the ActorA.

Hopefully this helps a bit, throw what you can together into an esp and if you hit troubles start a thread, upload it and I will happily download it and bug hunt it and tidy it up for you. You shouldn't need anything other than SexoutNG as a Master, it will probably say otherwise till all the names are changed. If you can't save the scripts just use ";" to comment things out if you have issues till you can save it.

I wouldn't worry about getting the animation number yet, till we get this sorted then you can look at a version2, which will only require you to write additional messages and alter the cove to call them.

Zowie!! 

Amazingly.... I actually understood much of that!!   I am sure the rest I can learn/figure out.

So, for each combination of sexual encounters, I would have 108 messages, and that's just for NPC + Player, Start and End?

Once I iron that out, then Maybe separate plugins for each possible follower.  

Oh... One thing I did run into whilst drinking last night... the RapeKO's in MCM didn't change the desired effect, though I checked and made sure the calls were going to the right function.. (or..  in my novice mind they seemed to call the right way)

However, if you click the check box in MCM to turn off the KO, nothing happens in game.   on previous saves, new saves or even starting fresh, KOs happen whether checked or unchecked, but the unconcious time works fine.

That's something I am going to investigate and fix, to get a better understanding...   I can troubleshoot and learn..

Zowie!! 

Amazingly.... I actually understood much of that!!   I am sure the rest I can learn/figure out.

So, for each combination of sexual encounters, I would have 108 messages, and that's just for NPC + Player, Start and End?

No, that's 108' for start and 108 for end or 36 for vaginal start, 36 for vaginal end etc. 

Once I iron that out, then Maybe separate plugins for each possible follower.

Well, that will use the NPC or Followers names, if you wanted custom messages for followers to be different to normal NPC's like "Veronica squeals in delight as her tight snatch is shafted deeply by............" then there's a simple way to add that to the main rather than separate plugins. You could even have a different message for Virgins having their cherry popped later. Sex Messages can be it's own plugin, there's also creatures too.

Oh... One thing I did run into whilst drinking last night... the RapeKO's in MCM didn't change the desired effect, though I checked and made sure the calls were going to the right function.. (or..  in my novice mind they seemed to call the right way)

However, if you click the check box in MCM to turn off the KO, nothing happens in game.   on previous saves, new saves or even starting fresh, KOs happen whether checked or unchecked, but the unconcious time works fine.

That's something I am going to investigate and fix, to get a better understanding...   I can troubleshoot and learn..

Hmm the RapeKO's are part of Brutal Rapers or SexoutNG itself I think.

Hmm the RapeKO's are part of Brutal Rapers or SexoutNG itself I think.

It's in MCM under SexoutNG, and I originally did a quick "this links here to this script, looks good, then calls to this script... looks right..."  .. but now I can't seem to find where I saw the RapeKO to MCM call... 

Archived