Editting Mods question....

dinomagick

Newbie here....

I was going through some mods and saw mispellings and sentences that made no sense... So, I thought... "Go get the G.E.C.K. and fix a few things."

For some reason, I make a change to some wording and it won't save at all..

Then I heard someone ask... "Does the mod use NVSE?".... Okay... if it does, then how do I edit the mod to make the correct text in the script?

HELP!

If a mod uses NVSE then you have to use the NVSE editor to open GECK and make any changes, even for something as simple as dialogue. To make the NVSE editor you make a shortcut of the NVSE loader in your /steam/steamapps/common/Fallout New Vegas folder. Once you have the shortcut, right click on it and go to "Properties". Under the "shortcut" tab in properties you will find the "Target" field. In that field you will add " -editor" to the end so that it looks something like this:

"C:\Gaming\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\nvse_loader.exe" -editor

The space near the end (highlighted in red) is VERY important! If it looks like this:

"C:\Gaming\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\nvse_loader.exe"-editor

it won't work. That little snag drove me batshit for, I kid you not, 3 MONTHS before someone finally helped me figure out what I was doing wrong.

Archived