Changing default boob size for NPCs with CBBE and bodyslide?

Hello,

I am struggling with setting the default breast size for npcs (Skyrim SE)

I have the standard set of mods installed:

- CBBE

- Bodyslide

- Racemenu

- HDT

- (plus ton of SL stuff, but that probably isn't related)

When I installed CBBE i selected the petite body, but I would like to use bigger boob size with it.

After searching the internet the only answer I kept finding was to do it in bodyslide, which is what i'm trying and can't get it to work. Basically when I go to bodyslide and set the boob size slider (on the right, the left one doesn't seem to do anything) to max and then batch build everything along with morphs and go into game then player character boobs are now bigger and also my follower's boobs are bigger, but it had no effect at all on naked female npcs. Their boobs are still very small. This confuses me as I assumed all female  npcs use the same base CBBE body as the player and followers. If i set the outfit dropdown in bodysldie to CBBE body instead of CBBE body special, then HDT for boobs stop working, but regardless, it has no effect on NPC boob size. So i am really running out of ideas here on how to change the size.

Is there something somewhere in bodyslide i'm missing? Or maybe some console command in game to adjust it on each NPC manually? Either option is fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Max Coomer said:

This confuses me as I assumed all female  npcs use the same base CBBE body as the player and followers.

NPCs should unless you have taken steps to change things. It depends on the follower as to whether they use your default body or come with their own.

Did you save the changes in Bodyslide before you built the body?

11 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

NPCs should unless you have taken steps to change things. It depends on the follower as to whether they use your default body or come with their own.

Did you save the changes in Bodyslide before you built the body?

Save? When you hit build it builds and overwrites everything doesn't it?

If you mean saved as a preset then no, I always select the cbbe petite adjust the boob size slider manually before I hit build.

But it was saved for sure as it affected the player boob size. I know that both player and followers use the cbbe body.  The one mod i am using that replaced follower bodies is bijin warmaidens, but i am using an extra mod which forces bijin to use the cbbe body instead, but either way that should have no effect on the NPCs (boob size changes for followers work fine, i am trying to change boob sizes for random female npcs in the world)

https://imgur.com/a/XiQpQeD

14 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Save and save as under the Group Filter box in the top right.

As far as i understand it, that only saves the preset, as in if you want to set the sliders to something and use it later, but if i change the boob slider manually before building, it's the same thing as using a saved preset.

Have you considered also trying a body preset that isn't "Petite but I moved the boob slider to the max"? There's other bustier pre-made presets you could pick from, just sayin'.

Otherwise if generating that body doesn't take effect that means you have something else giving female NPCs a separate body patch. I bet you didn't install that Bjiin "normal body path" patch properly so it's not taking effect.

7 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Have you considered also trying a body preset that isn't "Petite but I moved the boob slider to the max"? There's other bustier pre-made presets you could pick from, just sayin'.

Otherwise if generating that body doesn't take effect that means you have something else giving female NPCs a separate body patch. I bet you didn't install that Bjiin "normal body path" patch properly so it's not taking effect.

Well I really like the petite preset. Bijin warmaidens only changes follower bodies and as I mentioned the boobs size changes work fine on followers, it is the normal NPCs where  i have the problem, like female bandits, random female villagers etc, basically any female npc that isn't the player or a follower.

Maybe the game is using the morph files from bodyslide and applying some custom boob sizes  to them? Is there some console command I can try to execute on the npc to "set the boob slider to max" on them?

1 minute ago, Max Coomer said:

Is there some console command

You can open the console and type showracemenu

The problem you are describing does not make sense unless you have done something wrong when installing something.

The default location for the body meshes is

Data\meshes\actor\character\character assets

Go to that location and create a folder in there. Move all the files which begin with 'female' into the folder.

Fire up BS and build your preset to the body and you should see the new files appear in the \character assets folder.

In game, find a named NPC who is not Bijin and see what she looks like naked.

On 4/4/2021 at 10:51 PM, Grey Cloud said:

You can open the console and type showracemenu

The problem you are describing does not make sense unless you have done something wrong when installing something.

The default location for the body meshes is

Data\meshes\actor\character\character assets

Go to that location and create a folder in there. Move all the files which begin with 'female' into the folder.

Fire up BS and build your preset to the body and you should see the new files appear in the \character assets folder.

In game, find a named NPC who is not Bijin and see what she looks like naked.

So I did what you told me to do, and moved the files into a new folder but it had zero effect. Any boob size changes i make only affect the player but not the NPCs.

But i noticed something, not all NPCs have same boob sizes, some have a bit biggers boobs, some are washboards.  I am starting to think that the problem maybe with the morph files bodyslide built, maybe the game is saving the boob sizes of existing npcs, so if i then change them in bodyslide and rebuild, it has no effect on existing npcs in game since the game loads the old presets.

When i went into showracemenu and set boob size sliders in 3bba Body morhps and Body scales tabs to minimum i was able to replicate the exact same boob  size look one of the washboard npcs has.

So the question probably is, can i somehow get rid of the morph files bodyslide built? I tried unchecking the "build morphs" checkbox and rebuilding without it, but it had no effect. Basically somehow force the game to apply the preset i made to all existing female npcs (replacing any old one they are using) as well as new ones.

7 minutes ago, Max Coomer said:

Basically somehow force the game to apply the preset i made to all existing female npcs (replacing any old one they are using) as well as new ones.

It should do all that by default if everything is installed and configured properly.

On 4/4/2021 at 9:51 PM, Grey Cloud said:

When you did this part, did the folder get repopulated with the new files?

Which mod manager are you using?

7 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

It should do all that by default if everything is installed and configured properly.

When you did this part, did the folder get repopulated with the new files?

Which mod manager are you using?

Yes the folder got repopulated.

I tried using console to spawn a few female bandits using BaseID and they do seem to use the correct bodyslide preset i made.

I am using mod organizer 2.

All the changes to the file system i am making, i am using the virtual file explorer inside MO2 since MO2 creates it's own virtual file system where it keeps the mod files.