On 4/14/2021 at 1:04 AM, Storms1 said:

Definitely digging this mod.  I'm really looking forward to the merchants being added.  A lot of my characters aren't cannibals per se but they are ruthlessly practical and unlikely to turn down an opportunity to make money.  Could I suggest adding specific organs to the mix?

Years ago in a tabletop rolplaying game I had a villain in the form of a ruthless alchemist that had thugs abduct elves. The alchemist tried to unluck the secret of their longlivity. Now imagine if there was an alchemy recipe that stopped aging for say ten years but you need a freshly harvested heart from an elf as an ingredient to the potion. This would probably create some problem for human/elven relations.

It dawns on me that if cannibalism isn't possible then you do not have the choice NOT to be a cannibal. The same goes for slavery mods, you cannot avoid getting enslaved if the choice isn't there or abstaining from having slaves if there isn't an option to have any.

Anyway, people where talking about making the meat "stolen" but have trouble making it work. I notice npc's can notice if you carry an deadric artifact or if you are naked. Maybe that is better path to go. Then of course it comes down to evidence. If a guard cannot tell if a heart in your inventory are from a person or an animal then chances are that they will ignore it. A severed arm however are going to attract attention. Frankly I think we need an "illegal gods" mod that can then be tweaked to recognise body parts. Perhaps also add a license system to get en extemption from the law in some cases. Maybe licensed alchemists can have some body parts in their inventory since historically parts harvested from corpses have been used as "medicine" such as powdered bone.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 235francis said:

OH WAIT NVM ! I didnt see that the .esp was separated from the Data folder lol

Plus I think you might also have to "enable" the esp. Really it's best to use a mod manager. I use (and can recommend) Vortex. Makes installs a much simpler process.

• 2 months later...

@bloodparty74
What do you mean by the 'harvest body button'?

When you hover your cursor over a body it should say 'search', like it normally does.

Edit:

Unless I made a change like that a while ago and forgot about it... that might also be possible. I'll try to double check that when I can.

Edited by CorruptGenie
7 hours ago, bloodparty74 said:

no , it only says harvest body. like it did before, if i approached it in sneak mode, but all the time now,  if  you can figure anything out about it .please lemme know. thanks 

I'm still not sure what you mean. It works fine for me.

The menu only appears if I activate a body while sneaking.

==============================

If you want to dive into the code yourself:

Look at the script in HarvestingHumansMeatdrop.psc. The mod works by adding a spell to actors (HH_MeatDropSpell) which uses this script.

Specifically, this part controls the Special Harvesting:

;For Special Drops
Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)

;if player is sneaking, and if target is dead and not already harvested
    if MCM.SpecialHarvestMode && Game.GetPlayer().IsSneaking()  && ActorTarget.IsDead() && !(Harvested)
        OpenSpecialDropsMenu()
    endIf

endEvent

Function OpenSpecialDropsMenu()
    int option = SpecialDropsMenu.Show()
    if option == 0 ;harvest option
        Game.GetPlayer().AddItem(SpecialDrops.GetAt(ActorRaceGroup) as Form) ;add the special loot
        Harvested = true ;this will set it so so you can't re-harvest this actor
    endIf

endFunction

Game.GetPlayer().IsSneaking() is what makes sure that the player is sneaking.

Edited by CorruptGenie
  • 3 months later...

Does playing as a succubus override this mod? I've added it manually and in MO2 sneaking, naked, both disabled and still nothing, all of the cooking recipes and craft items are present and work and human meat is in the game but i can not harvest anyone at all, the option does not come up at all. Idk if one of my mods is overriding it or what's going on. 

When i type "help harvesthumans" nothing is found

Edit: so i uninstalled and reinstalled the mods, all the spells, meat and everything is now showing up in (help "") i added the spell to myself like you mentioned in a previous post, idk if everyone needs it or just me, but i added it to a dead character too and still no harvesting option. Everything is in the game, it's just not working properly on my end.

Edited by Ballistika
New information
15 hours ago, Ballistika said:

Does playing as a succubus override this mod? I've added it manually and in MO2 sneaking, naked, both disabled and still nothing, all of the cooking recipes and craft items are present and work and human meat is in the game but i can not harvest anyone at all, the option does not come up at all. Idk if one of my mods is overriding it or what's going on. 

When i type "help harvesthumans" nothing is found

Edit: so i uninstalled and reinstalled the mods, all the spells, meat and everything is now showing up in (help "") i added the spell to myself like you mentioned in a previous post, idk if everyone needs it or just me, but i added it to a dead character too and still no harvesting option. Everything is in the game, it's just not working properly on my end.

IIRC the prefix used is HH or maybe HH_ (sorry, it's been a while).  I'm not sure if your mod is overriding harvestingHumans (I haven't tried the succubus mod).

I can tell you that the spell definitely is supposed to be on all human actors (it doesn't matter if it's on you or not). Adding it to a dead actor won't do anything because the spell adds the meat to their inventory as the actor dies.

The actors don't automatically spawn with the meatdrop spell; instead the mod uses a questing trick to add it to all nearby actors. I forget what I called the quest that does that, but you might be able to find it with "help HH". That quest should be running at all times (verify using "sqv").

Also, you can check if an actor has the drop spell using "RemoveSpell" in the console (the console will spit an error if the actor doesn't have the spell you try to remove)

Also, if HH1 isn't working for you, I made a sequel to this mod. Maybe that one will work for you. But note that HH1 and HH2 are incompatible with each other.

Edited by CorruptGenie
3 hours ago, CorruptGenie said:

IIRC the prefix used is HH or maybe HH_ (sorry, it's been a while).  I'm not sure if your mod is overriding harvestingHumans (I haven't tried the succubus mod).

I can tell you that the spell definitely is supposed to be on all human actors (it doesn't matter if it's on you or not). Adding it to a dead actor won't do anything because the spell adds the meat to their inventory as the actor dies.

The actors don't automatically spawn with the meatdrop spell; instead the mod uses a questing trick to add it to all nearby actors. I forget what I called the quest that does that, but you might be able to find it with "help HH". That quest should be running at all times (verify using "sqv").

Also, you can check if an actor has the drop spell using "RemoveSpell" in the console (the console will spit an error if the actor doesn't have the spell you try to remove)

Also, if HH1 isn't working for you, I made a sequel to this mod. Maybe that one will work for you. But note that HH1 and HH2 are incompatible with each other.

Ok yeah i have that quest, haven't done it yet. And I put it on a named character and got nothing as well and non named characters automatically have it. So I'll do the quest and see if it works, currently tho I'm having a problem with animations I'm more preoccupied with. No animations work and I can't remove more creepy critters or the save file won't run. Beastess mod is a bug infestation i swear to God lol but with Aroused creatures and more critters it's supposed to work, so i have to sift through mods to find the culprit ? i didn't know mods would be such a trial and error thing when i started modding my games, now I'm just irritated lol

I'll let you know if it works after i do the quest, thank you

9 minutes ago, Ballistika said:

Ok yeah i have that quest, haven't done it yet. And I put it on a named character and got nothing as well and non named characters automatically have it. So I'll do the quest and see if it works, currently tho I'm having a problem with animations I'm more preoccupied with. No animations work and I can't remove more creepy critters or the save file won't run. Beastess mod is a bug infestation i swear to God lol but with Aroused creatures and more critters it's supposed to work, so i have to sift through mods to find the culprit ? i didn't know mods would be such a trial and error thing when i started modding my games, now I'm just irritated lol

I'll let you know if it works after i do the quest, thank you

Sorry I'm using modder's terms, iti not a quest that you're supposed to "do". I didn't explain it well. It's more of a behind the scenes kind of thing.

In addition to quests like (for example) "join the companions", Skyrim also has a bunch of hidden quests that control other important parts of the game (but aren't meant to show up in your quest log).

8 hours ago, CorruptGenie said:

Sorry I'm using modder's terms, iti not a quest that you're supposed to "do". I didn't explain it well. It's more of a behind the scenes kind of thing.

In addition to quests like (for example) "join the companions", Skyrim also has a bunch of hidden quests that control other important parts of the game (but aren't meant to show up in your quest log).

Then what am I supposed to do about this?

On 4/13/2021 at 7:56 PM, CorruptGenie said:

Glad you like it! If you like this, then you might also want to check out another mod called Namira's Goat. Iirc there is already a bit of organ harvesting in that mod. Although the main difference is that NG is only meant for female characters I believe.

The main problem for me adding stuff like organs is that I don't really have the know-how to make custom item models. So for any items I do add, I have to get creative by recycling and slightly tweaking models from the base game. But if I ever get around to learning how to do that (or if someone else would want to make them for me), what kind of organs would you want?

testicles and ovaries could be added by tweaking/ recoloring the clam meat model or spider/slaughterfish eggs