Which version\build of skyrim se is best for modding?

Which version\build would be best for modding Skyrim SE?

Is skyrim se version 1.9.32 good for modding? I mean like if it's stable and won't cause a lot of crashes if I like download graphic overhauls and scripted mods, and you know which kind of scripted mods I'm talking about, like the ported ones of the loverslab kind.

And also, should I be using the latest version of SKSE 64?

Another question, is the unofficial skyrim se patch good for other scripted mods like a lot of quest mods, and is the SE Engine fixes any good?

And is SMP body like the CBBE 3BBB gonna cause crashes for my game?

P.S. I have a core i5 3570 (12 GB RAM) and GTX 1060 6gb.

Let's say your post was best placed here  Skyrim General Discussion

1 hour ago, minhajbehz said:

Is skyrim se version 1.9.32 good for modding? I mean like if it's stable and won't cause a lot of crashes

More than the question of what type of Skyrim you intend to use, it matters much more what you want to achieve

Modifying Skyrim having a relatively stable copy, requires a specific order of the installed mods, at least as regards the primaries (master ESM / ESP)

1 hour ago, minhajbehz said:

As far as I know, I had read somewhere that, to use it at its best, you need system requirements that, at the moment, escape me 

to know if your PC can support it, the only way is to install it. If you go to CTD you will have only 2 causes :

1) Installation errors

2) The PC can't do it ( this is also my problem :cold_sweat: ) 

6 hours ago, minhajbehz said:

Is skyrim se version 1.9.32 good for modding?

You're talking about SE in particular but mention the version of the regular Skyrim executable. There is no Skyrim SE 1.9.32 , the latest one is 1.5.97. This version was released around November of 2019, so more than a year ago. To this day most of the SE mods have been updated for this version (with a few notable exceptions, you can check the SE Compatibility Tracking thread for details).

I mean like if it's stable and won't cause a lot of crashes if I like download graphic overhauls and scripted mods, and you know which kind of scripted mods I'm talking about, like the ported ones of the loverslab kind.

I have no idea which kind of mods you're talking about. Also I doubt the executable version would have any impact on this.

And also, should I be using the latest version of SKSE 64?

You need to use the corresponding SKSE64 release for the Skyrim SE executable you have. There is nothing to pick or choose here. You fail to get the proper SKSE64 version for your game and it won't work. You can check the details about versions in the official SKSE website (https://skse.silverlock.org/), just take a look at the numbers in the current SE build.

image.png.62758f24a0fd6d0c2d2d1cc5731df6ae.png

Another question, is the unofficial skyrim se patch good for other scripted mods like a lot of quest mods, and is the SE Engine fixes any good?

Again no idea how this could relate to scripted mods? Why are scripted mods so special for you? Mods using scripts vary a lot in complexity, implementation and requirements. Anyways, USSEP is required by some a lot of mods, so chances are you'll have to deal with it at some point. Why not have it installed from the start?

SE Engine Fixes is okay, it has some settings you'll want to read about and use, or not, depending on the other mods you plan to use (which involves more reading).

As most mod related things, not if you follow instructions and setup things right.

On 3/29/2021 at 10:25 PM, Just Don't said:

You're talking about SE in particular but mention the version of the regular Skyrim executable. There is no Skyrim SE 1.9.32 , the latest one is 1.5.97. This version was released around November of 2019, so more than a year ago. To this day most of the SE mods have been updated for this version (with a few notable exceptions, you can check the SE Compatibility Tracking thread for details).

I have no idea which kind of mods you're talking about. Also I doubt the executable version would have any impact on this.

You need to use the corresponding SKSE64 release for the Skyrim SE executable you have. There is nothing to pick or choose here. You fail to get the proper SKSE64 version for your game and it won't work. You can check the details about versions in the official SKSE website (https://skse.silverlock.org/), just take a look at the numbers in the current SE build.

Again no idea how this could relate to scripted mods? Why are scripted mods so special for you? Mods using scripts vary a lot in complexity, implementation and requirements. Anyways, USSEP is required by some a lot of mods, so chances are you'll have to deal with it at some point. Why not have it installed from the start?

SE Engine Fixes is okay, it has some settings you'll want to read about and use, or not, depending on the other mods you plan to use (which involves more reading).

As most mod related things, not if you follow instructions and setup things right.

My problem was that my game kept on crashing no matter what I did, I did everything I could, but then I realized what my problem was, or at least I had an assumption that it could be the problem with my base game. I have SE 1.5.97 by the way. I don't really know if my system could be the problem here. I'll try something else hopefully it'll work.

On 3/29/2021 at 9:45 PM, Lestat1627 said:

Let's say your post was best placed here  Skyrim General Discussion

More than the question of what type of Skyrim you intend to use, it matters much more what you want to achieve

Modifying Skyrim having a relatively stable copy, requires a specific order of the installed mods, at least as regards the primaries (master ESM / ESP)

As far as I know, I had read somewhere that, to use it at its best, you need system requirements that, at the moment, escape me 

to know if your PC can support it, the only way is to install it. If you go to CTD you will have only 2 causes :

1) Installation errors

2) The PC can't do it ( this is also my problem :cold_sweat: ) 

I'm sorry if I posted it here, I was using my phone when I did so might've been a misclick. Yeah I believe it could be my systems fault, because a lot of people are using the same mods and they seem to have it working just fine. Thank you for assessing my situation, I needed a better viewpoint. 

On 3/29/2021 at 10:25 PM, Just Don't said:

Thank you kind sir or ma'am for giving me a better perspective, I was getting very paranoid.