How would I go about increasing the slider limits for racemenu?

I believe that I need to edit a value in the "RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.psc" file and then recompile it, but I'm not sure which value I'm supposed to mess with.

Currently  when I'm looking at  a slider like "Full - 7b lower," I can choose any values between -1 and 1. I'd like to make it so I can choose values between -12 and +12.

It looks like you'd have to edit the racemenu scripts (see /data/scripts/source) and recompile them

racemenu_script_source.jpg.eb77893f8eb7f155d4dd065049a09414.jpg

fwiw,  since I don't know how to do that, when I have to modify something beyond the normal limits, I use the numerical value inputs in bodyslide to establish a base , then fine tune that within racemenu. it's not without problems though, since although many of the sliders in racemenu seem to act on different nodes than the bodyslide ones (ie they appear to be independent of bodyslide changes), some act on the same variables, so if you exceed the defaults in bodyslide and then adjust a slider in racemenu that acts on that same value, it'll reset it to the default range of change, 

• 2 months later...

I know this is old, but this is exactly what I'm trying to do as well.  So far I've modified the script and setup everything to do the compiling but it looks like I'm missing one reference:

RaceMenuMorphsCBBEUIExtensions

Anyone have any ideas where I can find this? 

On 6/15/2021 at 1:09 PM, anjenthedog said:

FWIW, it's a .pex file located in the /data/scripts folder.

(there's also a RacemenuMorphsCBBEUIListMenu.pex file, and a RacemenuMorphsCBBEUITextEntryMenu.pex, and a RacemenuMorphsCBBEUIMenuBase.pex....)

Thanks for responding, Yes, I'm aware of that, but  to recompile, I need the RaceMenuMorphsCBBEUIExtensions.psc file. If you happen to know of a another way to change the max values in racemenu I'm all ears.

Nope, no ideas there. As I *might have said earlier, I do my massive changes (ie, any changes where I have to go beyond what is naturally prescribed by the Bodyslide preset spec) in Bodyslide using the value-entry boxes, and I use racemenu strictly for refinement.

as far as pex vs psc, I could be wrong, but I think I've seen discussion of script de-compilers in the past, perhaps even saw a de-compiler "mod" offered on Nexus (or maybe it was here, idk) if I'm not mistaken (I really don't mess with scripts for this game, so my my memories are simply from routine scanning of the "new mods" pages, and the discussions from passing them in various threads, either here at lover's lab or on the nexus help forums. << fyi, fwiw, ymmv

Edited by anjenthedog
11 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Nope, no ideas there. As I *might have said earlier, I do my massive changes (ie, any changes where I have to go beyond what is naturally prescribed by the Bodyslide preset spec) in Bodyslide using the value-entry boxes, and I use racemenu strictly for refinement.

as far as pex vs psc, I could be wrong, but I think I've seen discussion of script de-compilers in the past, perhaps even saw a de-compiler "mod" offered on Nexus (or maybe it was here, idk) if I'm not mistaken (I really don't mess with scripts for this game, so my my memories are simply from routine scanning of the "new mods" pages, and the discussions from passing them in various threads, either here at lover's lab or on the nexus help forums. << fyi, fwiw, ymmv

Thanks for the help, perhaps I'll give the de-compiler a try.  At this point I'm crossing that line of spending more time trying to mod  than playing so I'll probably just stick with what I have. 

Well, at least consider what I was hinting at.  >> Bodyslide for base work on player, racemenu for tweaking. 

Nothing wrong (at all) with pursuing enhanced racemenu or working on other "config" stuff, (for instance, I've spent inordinate amounts of time on various pursuits, like converting static UNP followers to BHUNP so I could continue to use their original "skins (textures) both in terms of getting BHUNP working with CBBE-3BBB and more difficultly, working in Bodysldie on UNP skinned bodies that were being skinned with CBBE textures in Bodyslide... (Thanks to a few interchanges with a coupe of the authors of Bodyslide,  I've since learned how to use the UNP textures on specific characters but it's still a bit of a PITA), but such pursuits ought to be "at your disposal" rather than being an onerous "requirement" to accomplish what one wants, right? (as you said, or at least in my view, when you start spending more time configuring than playing, it can quickly approach the point of absurdity...)

good luck which ever way you choose. (if it was me and I was chasing that racemenu modification, I'd still use the Bodyslide base, because it is the basis for armor/clothing fitting, although it *would* be nice to be able to expand racemenu value beyond their fixed ranges. Ideally, some smart person would enhance racemenu to add value boxes like in Bodyslide.

best wishes

21 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Well, at least consider what I was hinting at.  >> Bodyslide for base work on player, racemenu for tweaking. 

Nothing wrong (at all) with pursuing enhanced racemenu or working on other "config" stuff, (for instance, I've spent inordinate amounts of time on various pursuits, like converting static UNP followers to BHUNP so I could continue to use their original "skins (textures) both in terms of getting BHUNP working with CBBE-3BBB and more difficultly, working in Bodysldie on UNP skinned bodies that were being skinned with CBBE textures in Bodyslide... (Thanks to a few interchanges with a coupe of the authors of Bodyslide,  I've since learned how to use the UNP textures on specific characters but it's still a bit of a PITA), but such pursuits ought to be "at your disposal" rather than being an onerous "requirement" to accomplish what one wants, right? (as you said, or at least in my view, when you start spending more time configuring than playing, it can quickly approach the point of absurdity...)

good luck which ever way you choose. (if it was me and I was chasing that racemenu modification, I'd still use the Bodyslide base, because it is the basis for armor/clothing fitting, although it *would* be nice to be able to expand racemenu value beyond their fixed ranges. Ideally, some smart person would enhance racemenu to add value boxes like in Bodyslide.

best wishes

The only reason I don't want to use the bodyslide base is because I'm using Bodygen to create bodies for npcs using my bodyslide presets using jBS2BG.    However, I have managed to solve my problem by using Project Proteus.  By exporting out my racemenu data (json) I can modify it, save it, then reload it.

• 4 months later...
On 6/24/2021 at 6:56 AM, thundr51 said:

The only reason I don't want to use the bodyslide base is because I'm using Bodygen to create bodies for npcs using my bodyslide presets using jBS2BG.    However, I have managed to solve my problem by using Project Proteus.  By exporting out my racemenu data (json) I can modify it, save it, then reload it.

How do you modify the Json file after its exported?