problem with skin

Hello Sir_patrick,

I have exactly the same problem on my skin face , I will look for a solution in the file _skin_SkinDefinitionfile.txt.

They are maybe some modifications to be made in these values or with layers :

[SkinHead]
DiffuseResolution = 4096, 4096
NormalsResolution = 4096, 4096
SpecularResolution = 4096, 4096
SubsurfaceResolution = 512, 512
Layers = HeadLayer, MakeUpEyeliner05, EyeBrowsHeics

or its a problem with VX version ? hum 

Have a nice day !

Hi again everybody,

Ok the only one solution that i found is that the problem comes from the resolution of the image, like you said Greaser82.

If you have downloaded skin from "UNIVERSAL SKIN SYSTEM FOR HOOK5

I don't know why, but by default the skinfaces resolution are :  2048x2048.

image.png.849d365fb3da87cdc523c1ecd2535c9f.png

So I took this file Female_head.png for a resize by 512x512. And now i don't know why but the bug are gone :)

Abit boring to do but the only solution that I found at this moment. 

https://online-image-resizer.com/ an exemple of link to resize your skins.

I haven't tried it with any other skin yet, let me know if its works for you ! 

Hope this has helped you 

have a good day !

Just use paint or whatever basic program you've got, they all got the resize option.  There is a 2X and 4X mod for VX too BTW, that is the other option. So either you upgrade your VX or you downsize, but essentially, if you're skins bug like this, yeah, it's a resolution issue.. Put in low rez to be safe. 512X512 for the head, for hands it's 256X256, body is 512 X10024, genitals 256X 512

BTW, you can also apply this to clothes, some clothes are a bit buggy, mostly depends on your PC/laptop, if it's a bad one, you might want to go low rez, it makes things go a lot more smoothly. 1 good example I can think of: the cheerleader outfit from Euphie, it's in 4k originally, but it lags like a... Put it in 1X and it runs way smoother, at least for me (soon to be a problem of a past, ordered a new fat gamer PC recently)

14 hours ago, Greaser82 said:

Same here with VX.
Not only the hairline, but also makeup, eyebrows and nipples aren't in place. I fiddle around with this since a few weeks but I can't find any solution.
But I guess it definitely have something to do with the resolution.

The Klub 17-0002.png

Its because skin much larger that seem your game can handle, try change resolution of  Female_White_Head.png to 521x512.

22 hours ago, DaftpunkX03 said:

Hi again everybody,

Ok the only one solution that i found is that the problem comes from the resolution of the image, like you said Greaser82.

If you have downloaded skin from "UNIVERSAL SKIN SYSTEM FOR HOOK5

I don't know why, but by default the skinfaces resolution are :  2048x2048.

image.png.849d365fb3da87cdc523c1ecd2535c9f.png

So I took this file Female_head.png for a resize by 512x512. And now i don't know why but the bug are gone :)

Abit boring to do but the only solution that I found at this moment. 

https://online-image-resizer.com/ an exemple of link to resize your skins.

I haven't tried it with any other skin yet, let me know if its works for you ! 

Hope this has helped you 

have a good day !

2048x2048 is the resolution for 4k skins and I believe most of the Universal Skin System textures are 4k