MFG Commands Mod (Request)

Geist

Was there anyone else that was disappointed over the fact that Patch 1.9 removed the very useful MFG Commands Modifier and Phoneme?

Well I was, and greatly so as I had just started to learn this nice tool when it was abruptly taken from me.

Thus I would like to ask if there is anyone with the know how that could make a mod that returns these Commands to the console.

It can't be that difficult, and it would be awesome if someone took the time to create it, because some of us (me for example) never had any backups for the Patch 1.8 and are thus left in the dust, so a MFG Comman mod would be great.

Honestly, the thing that made me revert back to Skyrim 1.8 was the fact that the 1.9 update broke the lip sync when npcs spoke. Most of the time it was hardly noticeable, but on some cases like Muiri and Esbern, it was so bad that felt like a Bruce Lee movie. I have a mod which allows Muiri to be a wife and follower, which is why it ruined it for me.

I have 1.9, couldn't go back, but fortunately, there was the say command -- limited but better than nothing.

And for your player character there is a console command that lets him/her talk - go in 3rd person view, open the console, click with your mouse on your character (now you should see some numbers in the console) - then type say 142b0, close the console > your character will now say a short sentence - just freeze everything (tfc 1) when your character has the right facial expression and take screenshots! (say 142b1; say 142b2; say 142b3; say 142b4 and say 142b5 work as well and will give you slightly different sentences and facial expressions) --83willow

I discovered that both say and mfg were targeted commands, meaning to say, it's in the same family as, for example, player.unequipall. So I went to test as to whether it'll work.

Yes, mfg worked, but limited only to expressions; phoneme(s) and modifier don't seem to function at all (oh, sure, I accidentally typed the mfg 10, 100 and the eyes turned hard right).

Now I'm going to test this rather intriguing little Japanese mod called Smile 0.2 Beta, which would attempt to create facial expressions by using SKSE.

http://blog.himika.com/2013/02/smile-02.html

Hope it still works, considering that it requires Update 1.8.151.0 and SKSE 1.6.3.

----

BTW, it's more than a month ever since people noticed the mfg castration.

I discovered that both say and mfg were targeted commands, meaning to say, it's in the same family as, for example, player.unequipall. So I went to test as to whether it'll work.

Yes, mfg worked, but limited only to expressions; phoneme(s) and modifier don't seem to function at all (oh, sure, I accidentally typed the mfg 10, 100 and the eyes turned hard right).

Now I'm going to test this rather intriguing little Japanese mod called Smile 0.2 Beta, which would attempt to create facial expressions by using SKSE.

http://blog.himika.com/2013/02/smile-02.html

Hope it still works, considering that it requires Update 1.8.151.0 and SKSE 1.6.3.

this seems to work with mood, so there should be no difference to the set mood commands :-/

Indeed, I was also most disappointed in the loss of the mfg phoneme commands. Just like the others, I've been scraping by using the 'say' commands, but it is obviously a much less useful set of tools. I love the mod idea, Geist. And thank you Rayblue, for the Smile beta link. Let's hope we get those great commands back soon!

Here's another Japanese attempt at bringing back the expression system:

http://msidentity.blog8.fc2.com/blog-entry-21.html

lol no you got it wrong. If you have downloaded the file via 4shared you will realize that there is no esp etc. That is because the purpose of this mod is to improve the facial expression(e.g. talking, smiling, smiling while talking). Hope this helps.

Fixed. Beth shouldn't have touched mfg in the first place, then I wouldn't have to freaking claw up the walls trying to find a way short of (the extreme) grabbing 3DSMax and play with faces just like with 3D Custom Girl.

Where is the download link for this? I looked everywhere in that article and I cannot find any way to download it. Annoying.

Under the video there's a big DOWNLOAD: and a 4shared link under it.

Oh I'm sorry, Google translate was fucking it up, thats why I couldnt see it.

lol no you got it wrong. If you have downloaded the file via 4shared you will realize that there is no esp etc. That is because the purpose of this mod is to improve the facial expression(e.g. talking, smiling, smiling while talking). Hope this helps.

Fixed. Beth shouldn't have touched mfg in the first place, then I wouldn't have to freaking claw up the walls trying to find a way short of (the extreme) grabbing 3DSMax and play with faces just like with 3D Custom Girl.

Yea I'm pretty pissed about Beth's decision too. They took away the luxury of looking at a gaping woman's mouth. Damn. Well at least I could see my character's smile...

They never said they wont patch Skyrim, they just said that they wont release any new DLC....

After saying that the patch wont cause more problems that the ones they will fix is another story.

I get what you mean but correct me if I'm wrong: I didn't mention anything about the current patch being the last one. Bethesda specifically said that there will be no more DLCs but didn't include that they will not offer updates. However they did talk about "minor updates" and an extra "will never say truly goodbye to it".

Archived