Sofia's Dirty Feet (Pictures) (Texture Pros, I Need You!)

ScreenShot678.png.ab3e1e33bcac16a2742a4910f8d836b0.png

So I'm running the follower Sofia and like all my followers, I want to deck her out with customizations to fit my game while also making her unique and staying true to the original creator's vision. I've done all the usual things like give her a 3BBB body and Bijin Skin, changed her Eye Color, made her taller, but I thought it'd be fun and quirky to always have her barefooted. When you originally meet her she is nude and covered in dirt, sleeping in a pile of hay that she claims to have passed out in after getting too drunk.

Usually I like to make my followers taller or shorter, heavier or slim based on their looks and style. Two hander warrior? She's getting some muscles. Stealthy rogue? Probably shorter and potentially thicc or petite based on her looks. Milk maid archetype? Well, I won't have her with the default giant anime bazongas because it just doesn't fit into my game. I will however alter her breasts to be slightly bigger and more elongated so that she still looks a little different than every other NPC and stays true to the original vision, but not too much to where I can't suspend disbelief when she takes off an armor that's built to my bodyslide preset and suddenly gains three cup sizes..

I figured I'd make this follower unique by enlarging her feet slightly and have her never wear shoes, like she prefers to go barefooted because that's just the type of fun loving drunken farm girl she is. If she had shoes she'd probably lose them anyways so she doesn't even bother anymore, and once you go barefoot, you never go back...

Something that should come along with this is dirty feet, since you can't just expect to wander all over Skyrim barefoot without a single spec of dirt accumulation! But since I can't open the original Bijin skin .dds files to bake the dirt onto her skin permanently, I was forced to get creative and create a magic effect, spell, and perk to constantly apply the textures to her and it just works but it also has its limitations.

TL;DR

I wonder if anyone knows of any dirty feet mods in general or specifically for CBBE/Bijin Skin?

Can someone convert my skin file into something I can edit back into a .dds or help me edit my own .dds files? I have GIMP and I can edit some .dds but not certain compressions.

Is there a way to add my texture to the femalebody.nif in nifskope and have it actually show up in game? Everything I tried didn't work.

Dirty Feet Texture:DirtFXFeet.dds

Sofia's Skin Texture:femalebody_1.dds

More Pictures (NSFW)

Spoiler

ScreenShot674.png.1e2817950f69e3a2dec18d45e16a7953.pngScreenShot675.png.15c5d3a32b9a6fce87b4397254aa4057.pngScreenShot673.png.a1cad5df30c79ea6f315f24bab9901e1.pngScreenShot676.png.a090db9a3d063de62e0fbefed724c1c2.pngScreenShot672.png.7dfb40b6b5372d7172ed787c4c0bb8d5.pngScreenShot677.png.7679695a6fae9a949f0a7ac7aae04849.pngScreenShot671.png.e13982a6c0aee4362552d889045b7979.png

Mod Credits:

Sofia Follower

Bijin Skin CBBE 4k Pubic

Keep It Clean (I used a combo of this and the "subtle" version dirt textures to create mine)

• 2 weeks later...

I usually edit the default femalebody.dds with GIMP and paint dirty soles directly onto the image. It's a bit of trial and error to get the right parts of the sole dirty, because the feet section in the dds-file is wrapped around the foot mesh and slightly stretched in some parts.

There is a script for the latest GIMP to handle bc7 compression, I used it for Fallout 4 dds files:

bc7 GIMP script on GitHub (the 'BINARY' section uses forward slashes (/) instead of the Windows backslashes (\), so beware. Took me a bit to figure out why GIMP spat out errors)

This script is used by Texconv (the 'BINARY'), a command line texture utility.

...happy modding  ?

SFC

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 12:30 PM, Husky1o1 said:

Try this.

Hey, nice you actually did it, thanks for that!

On 3/6/2021 at 9:26 AM, SFC76 said:

There is a script for the latest GIMP to handle bc7 compression, I used it for Fallout 4 dds files:

Worked like a charm and now I'm able to edit the .dds files myself. So this is what the 8k skin looks like in all its glory.. Woot, this opens up a lot more possibilities, thanks!