Frogg race support?

Hi, I am aware that the Frogg race npcs are basically Hylotls in costumes and when you initiate a scene with them they spontaneously turn into Hylotls. I've read that this is why no support has been given to them, however I have read that Agarans are basically Florans in costumes as well however Agarans have full sexbound support. I'm wondering then is it not possible to extend this support to the Froggs?

I tried digging into Sexbounds files to see how it managed to support Agarans and to find out how I can possibly make a mod for the Froggs as well. Can anyone help enlighten me how Agarans are given animations and point me towards the appropriate files so I can perhaps reverse engineer it? Also do you have any recommendations on resources to learn how to mod for this game? Never modded for starbound, only for Stellaris so any help is appreciated, Thanks!

5 hours ago, theman221 said:

Hi, I am aware that the Frogg race npcs are basically Hylotls in costumes and when you initiate a scene with them they spontaneously turn into Hylotls. I've read that this is why no support has been given to them, however I have read that Agarans are basically Florans in costumes as well however Agarans have full sexbound support. I'm wondering then is it not possible to extend this support to the Froggs?

I tried digging into Sexbounds files to see how it managed to support Agarans and to find out how I can possibly make a mod for the Froggs as well. Can anyone help enlighten me how Agarans are given animations and point me towards the appropriate files so I can perhaps reverse engineer it? Also do you have any recommendations on resources to learn how to mod for this game? Never modded for starbound, only for Stellaris so any help is appreciated, Thanks!

They are both costumes, just one has a different shade of lazy that makes it work with Sexbound by default, with no changes, because it's just "a hat" and some clothes.

image.png.7c272a0d5825ffbca329f2d3121898c8.png

A agaran is a floran with a special hat and some fancy clothes, and that's about it. Since the race premise is the same as Florans, but mushroom, the sounds match, but you would've easily noticed the skin-color difference.

For froggs, it's a bit different, because the "outfit" for froggs isn't just a hat, it's a full-body image replacer, essentially, it looks like a whole separate species, but is still just a wearable set of clothes. This also changes their interaction noise to a croak, and hides all hairstyles (When using the bow on a frogg, try disabling the headwear slot and suddenly, the Hylotl has hair.)

So, why? Honestly, with the fact that clothing is now supportable, this could be solved by anyone interested. I guess that's the killer, nobody is interested enough to put in the work required to enable A) all clothing in the game, or B) all special species-like clothing in the game, but it's totally possible to not only enable the Froggs now, but also Llamas and even Maggot Man, the... hero? Of the outpost?

Completely forgot about the second part of the message;

So, yeah, if you want to learn Starbound, it's good to firstly, look at the files that exist, understand how they work poke a couple existing things and see what happens (Most likely crash/stop working but y'know)
I have some tutorials specifically for Sexbound made, not entirely up to date, i'll get back to Starbound eventually, but troubled by a few things for now.

Any other questions i can answer if i know anything that helps, on any of the related threads.

18 hours ago, red3dred said:

They are both costumes, just one has a different shade of lazy that makes it work with Sexbound by default, with no changes, because it's just "a hat" and some clothes.

image.png.7c272a0d5825ffbca329f2d3121898c8.png

A agaran is a floran with a special hat and some fancy clothes, and that's about it. Since the race premise is the same as Florans, but mushroom, the sounds match, but you would've easily noticed the skin-color difference.

For froggs, it's a bit different, because the "outfit" for froggs isn't just a hat, it's a full-body image replacer, essentially, it looks like a whole separate species, but is still just a wearable set of clothes. This also changes their interaction noise to a croak, and hides all hairstyles (When using the bow on a frogg, try disabling the headwear slot and suddenly, the Hylotl has hair.)

So, why? Honestly, with the fact that clothing is now supportable, this could be solved by anyone interested. I guess that's the killer, nobody is interested enough to put in the work required to enable A) all clothing in the game, or B) all special species-like clothing in the game, but it's totally possible to not only enable the Froggs now, but also Llamas and even Maggot Man, the... hero? Of the outpost?

Completely forgot about the second part of the message;

So, yeah, if you want to learn Starbound, it's good to firstly, look at the files that exist, understand how they work poke a couple existing things and see what happens (Most likely crash/stop working but y'know)
I have some tutorials specifically for Sexbound made, not entirely up to date, i'll get back to Starbound eventually, but troubled by a few things for now.

Any other questions i can answer if i know anything that helps, on any of the related threads.

Hey! Thanks for the very comprehensive response! I'll definitely check it out, see what I can do :) Really appreciate the assistance!