I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but are there any mods for gays? I see TONS of lesbian stuff. I think it's unfair that thre is a massive amount of female stuff, and no good fun mods besides penis mods for the guys. But I would like to make a request for the homosexuals of Oblivion. Not fair that all the women have all the fun it seems.:@ And it kinda miffs me.

Stoker Wolff (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17743) and Dairanath Avari (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35893) will both romance male or female characters, and both are excellent companion & quest mods. Dai in particular has male romance friendly dialog, and will give a male lover different gifts. Not sure about Companion Fergus, but I don't think his romance checks to see if your character is male or female.

As HanPL said, the core LoversPK set up works fine for man on man sex, and depending on your set up there's a fair amount of gay sex specific dialog.

I don't know of a romance mod that was written only for gay characters, but you could always write one. :)

Yah just set the M > F and F > M things to 0 and raise the M > M ones. They're not straight mods,they're not gay mods,they're just mods. Wonderful ain't it? Though if you're looking for male oriented clothing Sloff has quite a bit. I downloaded some under the impression females can still wear it anyway (I usually leave mine topless so they're just pants,they should fit) but didn't get around to trying it yet.

... =w= and there is also fully gay translation to 'AdultplaySSP' plus.

*eyugh. Well, holy crap. All seems convincing when the male player goes to prison and got buggered by other prisoner and spent years on the same cells.

But Basically we all straights.

But Basically we all straights.

A bold assertion! There are 16,000 members so I'd be stunned if there weren't some gay men and lesbians amongst that horde of men and women! (grin).

On a more serious note, can I urge people not to be judgmental of other peoples sexuality?

Indeed Oldbook.

Nessa and I are working (slowly) on a new sex framework that is designed to be sexually agnostic. You don't need to be a gay man to want male characters to look attractive naked/in sexual peril!

I want my male characters to look attractive and have the sort of impressive body I wish I had. Frankly the 'Women in hot, sexy armour'/'Men like tanks/Ninjas' is silly. I can assure you all that real women like hot, attractive men dressed in next-to-nothing quite a bit!

I don't know if this is the place to ask this' date=' but are there any mods for gays? I see TONS of lesbian stuff. I think it's unfair that thre is a massive amount of female stuff, and no good fun mods besides penis mods for the guys. But I would like to make a request for the homosexuals of Oblivion. Not fair that all the women have all the fun it seems.:@ And it kinda miffs me.

[/quote']

Lots of lesbian stuff? What're you talking about? The entire lovers with pk is designed for straight characters. The positions are way off if you try to have girl-on-girl. O_o

Indeed Oldbook.

Nessa and I are working (slowly) on a new sex framework that is designed to be sexually agnostic. You don't need to be a gay man to want male characters to look attractive naked/in sexual peril!

I want my male characters to look attractive and have the sort of impressive body I wish I had. Frankly the 'Women in hot' date=' sexy armour'/'Men like tanks/Ninjas' is silly. I can assure you all that real women like hot, attractive men dressed in next-to-nothing quite a bit!

[/quote']

Depends on the women. Many women I know (IRL and online) find skimpy clothing for men silly, unattractive or just plain awkward. Naked is fine, but skimpy is often a big no-no. No one says that in order to be a real woman (whatever this means) you have to like males in slutty or skimpy clothes.

Edit: I just assume that by next to nothing you mean skimpy. If that isn't the case, my bad.

Romance Novels have a 90% female audience. If a guy wants to see what most women want in their fantasy men, it's what men wear on the covers of romance novels, and in daytime dramas.

So, tall guys with low bodyfat, good quality expensive clothes most of the time. If the clothes are revealing, then shoulders and chest should be shown off, maybe a hint of abs. The shape of the thighs and ass can be shown off, but they shouldn't generally be bare unless the man is wearing swim clothes or nude.

Of course, there are just as many kinky women as kinky guys (maybe more), and tastes vary; you'll find someone into almost any look.

Depends on the women. Many women I know (IRL and online) find skimpy clothing for men silly' date=' unattractive or just plain awkward.[/quote']

So it is often said, BUT, just look at the popularity of certain venues on 'Hen Nights'. Look at the skimpiness of the performers at 'Ladies only Nights'. Look at women-only Parties of straight girls flocking to Goth and Fetish Clubs. (We used to joke we had to beat Hen Party Women off with clubs when I was younger. It wasn't actually too much of a joke).

My fifty years have taught me than women sometimes say what will appear demure to male company, so as to avoid being 'shocking'. The female definition of 'sexy' is more subtle than that of the teenage male (not hard), but more overt than a lot of men think it is! (grin).

Frankly I always thought the average woman wasn't keen on seeing an average flabby, pasty, male in a thong, but a really sleek and fit one, with the body style they prefer, was another matter.

The book "A Billion Wicked Thoughts" goes into this in detail, with research data. Women are interested (on average) in a wider range of sexual cues than men, but they're still interested in looks. Men are interested in more than just looks as well, but looks tend to come first. It's a case where talking about the topic, even with data in hand, will set off the PC police no matter what you do.

Oh yes!

One of the things I learned long ago is that women often moderate what they will say they are 'interested in' because they are determined not to be labeled a 'slag/tart/other expletives that hurt' by men, and more importantly, other women. Get them to trust you, that you don't judge women by different standards because 'only slags think that' and some will open up. I could name women who are very keen on the right men in tight thongs, but you'd not guess it.

Now men do this self-censoring too, but claiming you are turned on by large, naked breasts and don't give a damn about anything else rarely garners opprobrium from a peer group, to the contrary, it can garner kudos.

Yup. Young men especially tend to think they'll look unmanly if they admit they'd like real companionship or romance, and God help them if they admit they like anything but media approved body types.

One of the few nice things about getting older is that you stop worrying nearly as much about what the other guys think. ;)

So it is often said' date=' BUT, just look at the popularity of certain venues on 'Hen Nights'. Look at the skimpiness of the performers at 'Ladies only Nights'. Look at women-only Parties of straight girls flocking to Goth and Fetish Clubs. (We used to joke we had to beat Hen Party Women off with clubs when I was younger. It wasn't actually too much of a joke).

My fifty years have taught me than women sometimes say what will appear demure to male company, so as to avoid being 'shocking'. The female definition of 'sexy' is more subtle than that of the teenage male (not hard), but more overt than a lot of men think it is! (grin).

Frankly I always thought the average woman wasn't keen on seeing an average flabby, pasty, male in a thong, but a really sleek and fit one, with the body style they prefer, was another matter.

[/quote']

Like I said... it depends on the women involved. Women (and men) are not a homogeneous group. If you go to a fetish or goth club you'll meet persons that enjoy this kind of stuff, people who don't like it won't go to such a location so you may get the impression that most females enjoy this kind of entertainment. Just take a look at this very forum. Most of the users here enjoy for example (virtual) rape. But you can't conclude from this that humans generally enjoy the idea of rape. That's why personal experience has no value in empirical research. You need to follow some rules or you only get useless data. Like for example "in the group of females that enjoy skmipy male clothing are many females that enjoy skimpy male clothing". But you can't say how common it is for females in general.

In your case, the only thing you could say is something like "in my circle of acquaintances there are many females that enjoy X" but you can't conclude "therefore many females must enjoy X".

The thing that bothered and motivated me to post here was that you talked about "real women", i.e. you defined women as a homogeneous group (which they certainly are not) and implied, maybe not intentionally, that females who don't follow your picture of a real women are, in fact, not a real woman (Antony Flew's no true scotsman argument).

Romance Novels have a 90% female audience. If a guy wants to see what most women want in their fantasy men' date=' it's what men wear on the covers of romance novels, and in daytime dramas.

[/quote']

No, then you would only appeal to the females who read romance novels. 90% female audience doesn't mean 90% of the females.

And then you could argue about how many women actually like the covers of said books. Also, fantasy =! reality. What you enjoy in your fantasy is not always equal to what you enjoy in reality, the aforementioned rape fantasy would be a good example.

You might want to read "A Billion Wicked Thoughts"; their data on what men and women look for in fantasy is amazingly solid, gathered through internet search histories as well as more traditional sources. You're right that fantasy isn't reality; on the other hand, if you're talking about what women want to see, the people making book covers, casting actors and designing costumes to appeal to women are betting cash on reaching their audience. They'll miss some, and there is always variation in groups, but their choices serve as a very reliable guide to what the average woman in a given demographic finds visually appealing.

You might want to read "A Billion Wicked Thoughts"; their data on what men and women look for in fantasy is amazingly solid' date=' gathered through internet search histories as well as more traditional sources.

[/quote']

No, I don't want to read that book. In my opinion it's just a book for entertainment, but from a scientific point of view it would be waste of time. Using the internet as a source for your research isn't really viable, for a number of obvious reasons. Another thing that's bothering me is the approach the authors have. They try to explain certain behavior patterns with evolutionary psychology which is a bad thing, again for obvious reasons.

You're right that fantasy isn't reality; on the other hand' date=' if you're talking about what women want to see, the people making book covers, casting actors and designing costumes to appeal to women are betting cash on reaching their audience. They'll miss some, and there is always variation in groups, but their choices serve as a very reliable guide to what the average woman in a given demographic finds visually appealing.

[/quote']

Again... women are no homogeneous group. You'll find lots of women who don't enjoy for example the covers of said books as much or at all. The imaginary group called The Women simply does not exist. Each and every human, be it male or female, is an individual. There are of course many similarities between said individuals but if you can turn a human girl into a dog ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxana_Malaya ) there don't seem to be that much traits and patterns that are determined in human behavior.

On another note, if those marketing guys were such experts at what they are doing there wouldn't be any products that don't sell. But there are plenty of that.

There are people who've criticized "A Billion Wicked Thoughts", and many critics of evolutionary psychology. Personally I like the book well enough; the survey data gathered was interesting even if you disagree with the authors conclusions.

Women aren't a homogenous group, and I was clear about that in all of my comments. Whenever you talk about groups, you always need to remember that there will be variations within the group and outliers. Men aren't homogenous, but no psychologist or anthropologist with argue with the statement "Men (as a group) tend to find youth and the physical signs of youth sexually appealing." If some men don't, that doesn't invalidate the statement; the group continues to tend one way, even as some individuals may tend another.

As to marketers not being experts, that depends on the marketers in question. Variation within groups. Romance novels, daytime dramas and films designed to appeal to women are wildly successful as genres, even if individual products may fail, or fail to appeal to individual consumers. The marketers behind them have succeeded in reaching an enormous paying audience, and have even managed to appeal cross-culturally. They are expert enough.

At this point we're past discussing the topic of gay mods, and into a semantic argument. It's probably best to let it go, and I will be doing so. ;)

I'll freely admit, I actually like the Silverlight armor on guys without the chain underneath. That said, I don't like most of AlienSlof's girly looking clothes for guys. Slof is extremely talented, and I do share some of her tastes - horses, boners, pretty guys, a little guy on guy action - but not too effeminate, and not exclusively guy on guy.

There's a difference between the Silverlight armor and the dancing girl costume.

Exactly! It's all down to taste. The same also applies to sexy female outfits. My female characters wouldn't be seen dead in some of the outfits available because to them (and me) they aren't sexy!

The difference is there is a dearth of variety for male characters, which vastly reduces the chance of finding sexy outfits for males.

As I've said before 'men like tanks' doesn't cut it!