Devious Device Assets, Integration

Hello Folks,  

I am relatively new to modding so please bear with me.  I finally was able to download Devious Devices 5.0 from Mega and installed it with Vortex.  Do I need DD Assets and DD Integration as well?  I am running the Special Edition version of Skyrim and can't seem to locate those mods for SE, but I do see them for the regular version.  Can I use the regular version mods of Assets and Integration for SE? 

Maybe I am not looking hard enough for the SE versions of Assets and Integration, but I have spent hours trying to find them.   Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, gbates70 said:

Do I need DD Assets and DD Integration as well?

Most mods need all 3. I believe Assets and Integration have each other as a hard dependency, Assets containing all the base items and integration the actual code. Expansion holds new, additional Items that are optional but almost every DD mod makes use of them anyway so you wont come around enabling all 3 one way or another 

SE version of the mod is here:

Devious Devices SE - Framework & Resources - LoversLab

Thats all in one with assets, integration, expansions, cont-something and the 3rd party add ons

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2021 at 1:51 PM, Scrab said:

Most mods need all 3. I believe Assets and Integration have each other as a hard dependency, Assets containing all the base items and integration the actual code. Expansion holds new, additional Items that are optional but almost every DD mod makes use of them anyway so you wont come around enabling all 3 one way or another 

SE version of the mod is here:

Devious Devices SE - Framework & Resources - LoversLab

Thats all in one with assets, integration, expansions, cont-something and the 3rd party add ons

This only takes us to devious devices, the site is hard to navigate lately, google is a pain in the behind but still better than the sites own search in recent months. a lot of mods are siting a requirement of 
devious devices assets

devious devices helper
devious devices 
integration
and then they link you off to oldrim or LE with very (to few) linking you to the SSE versions. IF the plugins even exist (SD+ for one example) and then you get stuck with it on your mod manger moaning about missing files
from DD assets (even as is claimed the DD is now an all in one)

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/4/2021 at 4:24 AM, blackfoxkitsune said:

This only takes us to devious devices, the site is hard to navigate lately, google is a pain in the behind but still better than the sites own search in recent months. a lot of mods are siting a requirement of 
devious devices assets

devious devices helper
devious devices 
integration
and then they link you off to oldrim or LE with very (to few) linking you to the SSE versions. IF the plugins even exist (SD+ for one example) and then you get stuck with it on your mod manger moaning about missing files
from DD assets (even as is claimed the DD is now an all in one)

Devious Devices SE & VR 5.1 (the latest version for SE) installs multiple ESM files:  Assets, Contraptions, Expansion and Integration.  Check to make sure all of those are enabled in your plugin list.  I know if you don't catch the idiotically small notice in Vortex it will only enable the first plugin instead of all of them.

An issue with DD is that it appears all the various parts were separate installs once upon a time.  That's why you get mods referring to just one of the ESM files instead of DD as a whole, which confuses people no end since they end up searching for the individual piece.  If a mod says it needs "devious device assets" or "integration", for SE substitute "DD".

I've never seen a requirement for "devious devices helper".  There is a mod, "Devious Device Helpers", maybe it needs that?

Linking to the oldrim/LE versions is usually because the mod is a conversion to SE, and whoever did the conversion copy-pasted the description from the older version.  Some people think that is enough, when they should be updating the requirements to reflect SE instead of LE.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:31 AM, aurreth said:

Devious Devices SE & VR 5.1 (the latest version for SE) installs multiple ESM files:  Assets, Contraptions, Expansion and Integration.  Check to make sure all of those are enabled in your plugin list.  I know if you don't catch the idiotically small notice in Vortex it will only enable the first plugin instead of all of them.

An issue with DD is that it appears all the various parts were separate installs once upon a time.  That's why you get mods referring to just one of the ESM files instead of DD as a whole, which confuses people no end since they end up searching for the individual piece.  If a mod says it needs "devious device assets" or "integration", for SE substitute "DD".

Thank you so much for this; I would've never figured this out. Had an issue with pony and slave boots not working because "Net Immerse Override wasn't installed" and DDi itself would cause all the characters to T-pose and not move. Disabled all but DD after reading this and everything runs smoothly!

• 11 months later...

hello im ive played moded skyrim a few times a bunch for the og version and later versions. i just got back into modding and i discovered this mod. it took me awhile to get things working with the exception of a few things . sex and assorted other animations dont really play out. if i seduce someone to "make love"  its just us standing inside each other and sound FX'S and the gloves on the bodysuit cause my hands to disappear. ive painstakingly looked for all SE content i needed but i get a DLL message that some content may not appear or might cause game damage because its for LE