[SSE] NPCs run away in dialogue -.-

Was there ever a mod that stopped NPCs in their tracks when in dialogue? I have some that just run about in their idle routines during dialogue and that breaks conversation sometimes.

I know there's a mod that makes you a rock in water when it comes to outsiders shoving you around in dialogue, now I am basically looking for that for the conversational partner.

1 minute ago, Swanky said:

Was there ever a mod that stopped NPCs in their tracks when in dialogue? I have some that just run about in their idle routines during dialogue and that breaks conversation sometimes.

I know there's a mod that makes you a rock in water when it comes to outsiders shoving you around in dialogue, now I am basically looking for that for the conversational partner.

Is this with vanilla NPCs in vanilla settings or is it mod related? It sounds like you have one or more mods that are "interfering" with the dialogue system and doing something with them would seem to be more likely to be useful.

Should be one from 3D NPCs, the female mage with a wine addiction in Whiterun Stronghold.

As far as dialogue mods go, I think I'm only using better dialogue controls, plus a few conditionary things that Sexlab mods add, like radiant prostitution. I've had her run away off the job, though.

12 minutes ago, Swanky said:

Should be one from 3D NPCs, the female mage with a wine addiction in Whiterun Stronghold.

As far as dialogue mods go, I think I'm only using better dialogue controls, plus a few conditionary things that Sexlab mods add, like radiant prostitution. I've had her run away off the job, though.

Some of the iNpc have a move routine while talking to you about something specific, she is one of them like the old man in the Mare who stands up and leaves the tavern while telling you something. That is supposed to happen for atmospheric reasons. Plus some have a daily routine, the mage runs from the Mare to Dragons reach and vise versa, might be the time where she was supposed to go there interfering with.

4 minutes ago, Swanky said:

She ran around the hold, and the other time it happened in the inn. Guess it's part of her routine, which I wanted to stop with the mod above. :)

Seems not to work sadly. Best stay with Npcs who are at one location all the time like the Wenchgirl that gets added with the mod. I haven't tried settle them somewhere else, tho  i would use a follower framework with that and just add them as such + home sweet home. COULD work but as i said, not tried it yet^^

(be careful tho, might break quests they might have)

6 minutes ago, Swanky said:

Figured, that's why I asked for a lightweight solution. Still, thank you very much for explanation and effort. :)

No prob, maybe someone has still an idea how to make it happen without a framework^^

Ps: Made a minor mistake in my first comment, that Wenchgirl got added by citizens of tamriel not Inpc. Just to set things right^^)